or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 1913

post #28681 of 98740

I just picked up some 403s.  Contrary to prevailing advice I didn't size down as my TTS fit perfectly (I tried on a half size down which felt a bit tight).  I am concerned though that the boots will stretch and end up being too big.  How much will the 403s likely stretch? 

post #28682 of 98740
A lot. I am about to sell mine because they stretched like a half size - no kidding.
post #28683 of 98740
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

I think a lot of people tell themselves "If I'm gonna get black shoes, I may as well just get calf.". 

What they don't realize though is the black shell requires tons less work and maintenance to be shiny and won't look all cracked in a few years either.

I like my pair of black shell BB PTBs quite a lot and would definitely not trade it for a calf version. 

Thanks! Strangely, that actually convinced me to get #8 now and some interesting make up in black calf or shell when it comes along.
post #28684 of 98740
Quote:
Originally Posted by david3558 View Post

A lot. I am about to sell mine because they stretched like a half size - no kidding.
+1.

I had to sell mine after two days of wear because they stretched out so much. Felt perfect in store.
post #28685 of 98740
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0waterbouys View Post

Just got my Ravello LWB in the mail. It's a cloudy day today so I couldnt take any pics in the sunlight.

350x233px-LL-d3d55cf3_DSC_0039.jpeg 350x233px-LL-a082e43e_DSC_0046.jpeg
350x233px-LL-55386cc1_DSC_0048.jpeg350x233px-LL-a06e6ae9_DSC_0028.jpeg

Could have posted that you were able to do a one-off MTO for #4 LWB and caused an Alden frenzy... and no one would have known they are Ravello shog[1].gif
post #28686 of 98740
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmivtr View Post


Could have posted that you were able to do a one-off MTO for #4 LWB and caused an Alden frenzy... and no one would have known they are Ravello shog[1].gif


Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I mean, I know how rare #4 is and a single order MTO is just not plausible. But yeah.... I could of really messed with some heads.

Finally got some sun on them. They really are red. Is this normal for ravello?

butAq.jpg

post #28687 of 98740
Quote:
Originally Posted by david3558 View Post

A lot. I am about to sell mine because they stretched like a half size - no kidding.

 

How long before they stretched?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0waterbouys View Post


Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I mean, I know how rare #4 is and a single order MTO is just not plausible. But yeah.... I could of really messed with some heads.

Finally got some sun on them. They really are red. Is this normal for ravello?

butAq.jpg

 

Red is good  .  .  .

post #28688 of 98740
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmivtr View Post

Could have posted that you were able to do a one-off MTO for #4 LWB and caused an Alden frenzy... and no one would have known they are Ravello shog[1].gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0waterbouys View Post


Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I mean, I know how rare #4 is and a single order MTO is just not plausible. But yeah.... I could of really messed with some heads.


Finally got some sun on them. They really are red. Is this normal for ravello?

350x233px-LL-7fed6aa1_butAq.jpeg

They look really dark, not your typical ravello tone
post #28689 of 98740
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post


enjoy wearing your good looking lwb


You know, those look a whole heap darker than my Alden Ravello boots, mine are closer to whiskey color. Weird.

 

Are you sure they are not #4? or #6? Ravello is closer to the "Brandy" in this color chart

 

Cordo-colors.jpg

post #28690 of 98740
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

 

Red is good  .  .  .


Oh I agree, I'm in love with these. I was pretty shocked when I pulled them out of the box.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post


They look really dark, not your typical ravello tone


 I know ravello can vary in tone but I havent seen one this red. As dsmivtr said I could almost pass these off as #4.



Quote:
Originally Posted by LeJouvre View Post


You know, those look a whole heap darker than my Alden Ravello boots, mine are closer to whiskey color. Weird.

 

Are you sure they are not #4? or #6? Ravello is closer to the "Brandy" in this color chart

 


I ordered Ravello LWB from Alden DC. This is what was in the box. It cant be possible that I got #4 by mistake... right?
post #28691 of 98740
trying to convince the wife (via text message) that i need these bad boys due to the coupon code. wish me luck fellas.

9714.jpg
post #28692 of 98740
Good luck!

Anyway as far as the 403's go - it didn't take too long maybe a couple wearings? That's why I got the shell versions instead hehe.
post #28693 of 98740
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0waterbouys View Post

I ordered Ravello LWB from Alden DC. This is what was in the box. It cant be possible that I got #4 by mistake... right?

didn't someone mention the other week or so, that Kathy from Alden DC said this batch was more red and leaned towards #4?
post #28694 of 98740
kopped! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

thanks again to esoxm for letting everyone know about the coupon code! fistbump.gif
post #28695 of 98740

this pic makes me want to cry. so pretty. kudosd3d55cf3_DSC_0039.jpeg

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***