or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 1905

post #28561 of 91700
^ my favorite shoe, goes well with denim, khakis, trousers and coat, etc. damn i need to shine mine, yours put mine to shame. shog[1].gif

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #28562 of 91700
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicutioner View Post

^ my favorite shoe, goes well with denim, khakis, trousers and coat, etc. damn i need to shine mine, yours put mine to shame. shog[1].gif

haha brushed them like crazy last night and for a few minutes before wearing as well
post #28563 of 91700
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Yeah I have pretty wide feet so my optimal size would probably be 10E, although I haven't been able to find one to try on in that size. In boots on tru-balance, modified and barrie I got 10.5D, which fits good in width (except barrie where my pinky toes are rubbing against shoe), but are all a bit too long. Fitwise it's not an issue but I get a few extra creases which I'd like to avoid in the future. Passing on the #8 LS Jumper preorder that's out right now since they didn't order E. Really wish I could have gotten in on the initial preorder and got the 10E.
Thanks Uncle!
Black BBBF LWB out to dinner tonight:
tumblr_m4ekwb8oki1qb0bszo1_500.jpg

nice, glad you got them. cant stand the roll though. dont know how it became so popular. if jeans are too long, get them hemmed
post #28564 of 91700

The roll looks good on selvedge, all others I hem.

post #28565 of 91700
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

I hem.

we're listening.

rimshot.gif
post #28566 of 91700

biggrin.gif

post #28567 of 91700
Picked up a pair of LWBs, shell, #8, from the Alden shop in NYC, and was told by the salesperson that the shoes had been polished after being tried on by another customer, and that there was a build up of polish (Kiwi cordovan) on the shoes as a result. He gave me a small discount on the shoes, and threw in a tin of the same Kiwi cordovan polish.

What's the best way to remove the build up of polish? It isn't too obvious, but it just means that the shoes don't really shine as much, and look a little dull. Should I just brush them with a stiff horsehair brush?
post #28568 of 91700
This is for trunks and the other kids who bought the Ravello Shortwings from LS. I've worn mine probably 4-5 times now... I am not sure if I should get a rubber top sole, thoughts?

233
post #28569 of 91700
cigar captoe today

7247733854_45ef64f428_z.jpg
post #28570 of 91700
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihraguk View Post

Picked up a pair of LWBs, shell, #8, from the Alden shop in NYC, and was told by the salesperson that the shoes had been polished after being tried on by another customer, and that there was a build up of polish (Kiwi cordovan) on the shoes as a result. He gave me a small discount on the shoes, and threw in a tin of the same Kiwi cordovan polish.

What's the best way to remove the build up of polish? It isn't too obvious, but it just means that the shoes don't really shine as much, and look a little dull. Should I just brush them with a stiff horsehair brush?

I would employ the Mac method. Wipe with damp soft cloth, brush till your arms hurt. Repeat as needed. I'm not exactly sure what you mean but I wouldn't use a "stiff" horsehair brush.
post #28571 of 91700
Quote:
Originally Posted by david3558 View Post

This is for trunks and the other kids who bought the Ravello Shortwings from LS. I've worn mine probably 4-5 times now... I am not sure if I should get a rubber top sole, thoughts?
233

So disappointed I missed out on these...but I may have something soon to make up for that disappointment...
post #28572 of 91700
Quote:
Originally Posted by david3558 View Post

This is for trunks and the other kids who bought the Ravello Shortwings from LS. I've worn mine probably 4-5 times now... I am not sure if I should get a rubber top sole, thoughts?
233

Those are ravello? Wow confused.gif they look like #8. Maybe it's the lighting at dusk.

Nothing against your pic but I hope my ravello is a LOT lighter than that when it gets to me.
post #28573 of 91700
Early start to a short week...LS CXL Chukka

cxl003.jpg
post #28574 of 91700
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

nice, glad you got them. cant stand the roll though. dont know how it became so popular. if jeans are too long, get them hemmed

The same could be said about those who hem too much; a la Pee-wee Herman.
post #28575 of 91700
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenjl1 View Post

Putting in an order for my next pair of Aldens on Saturday. (I'm an E width, so no special make ups or instant gratification for me...) I'm going with the unlined suede chukka, but can't decide on sand or snuff suede. I like the snuff suede better, but think it might be easier to wear the sand suede year-round. What are your experiences? What kind of belt do you wear with the snuff suede?

Can't you get a suede chukka in an E width from one of Alden's stores? I'm pretty sure Alden SF and possibly even TSM stocks E widths in these without having to do a special order. And with respect to the color, I think both look great and it all depends what you have more of a need for in your wardrobe. I'm still debating getting the snuff suede chukka, only because I already have a sand suede LWB on the way, and I really have no use for 2 different sand suede shoes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

So disappointed I missed out on these...but I may have something soon to make up for that disappointment...

ORLY? Any spoilers? These SWB's are great, but you have the chestnut Carmina shortwings from Epaulet right? Those seem relatively similar to these.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***