or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 1892

post #28366 of 86681

Originally Posted by srivats

Great to see those bals getting worn, Keith! They look well loved and well taken care of!

 

Very well loved, Sri! I'm happy to give them a warm and loving home.

 

For those who are curious, srivats is a real gentleman and a pleasure to deal with.

 

Originally Posted by roboterkampf View Post

These are gorgeous.

Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

Keith: looks great, man!
 
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

worship2.gif
 
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

 

Thanks, guys!


Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Alden X Leffot
White suede and black patent leather saddle shoes
Barrie last
Balmoral, red brick sole
Cotton laces
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

467

 

Wearing this with a simple outfit (RRL denim, lacoste black polo). Soon enough, the white pants will be broken out with these.

 

Those saddles are just beautiful, Al. Have you seen Leffot's "Gatsby" spectator?

 

"Gatsby" Spectator

 

Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

IMG]

 

Cigar Indy

Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

25ths2h.jpg

 

 

cigar wt boot
argyles otc

Oh, how I do so love cigar shell. inlove.gif

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #28367 of 86681

came home friday to find some cigars in the mail

 

7225006346_dcb36f6cba.jpg

post #28368 of 86681
Originally Posted by pic9809 View Post

came home friday to find some cigars in the mail

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

7225006346_dcb36f6cba.jpg

 

 

I repeat, inlove.gif.

post #28369 of 86681
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post

Leathersoul or whom ever feels they can answer; do you ever get E or better yet EEE widths in the special models, can they be special ordered, and in general, does the Alden toe box have a lot of room?
Thanks in advance.

We order some E widths for our stock, but never any EEE widths.
post #28370 of 86681

Smoke 'um if you got 'um.  Killer!  icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #28371 of 86681
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL View Post


We order some E widths for our stock, but never any EEE widths.

I have the same problem. Ever since I bought my first pair of SF Alden boots I have been unable to buy a single pair of Aldens no matter who I speak to, even if I am willing to wait, I find nobody will accept an order.

 

I used to buy all my Alden products from Jordan Sayler, nothing was too much trouble for Jordan, and i would always have a few pairs of Aldens in my closet. Ever since Jordan's store closed down I have spoken to a few stores now, including both LS stores, and the best they could do was recommend other styles I don't like.

 

It is great owning Aldens, but when you know you will probably not be able to replace the shoes when you need to, and when you know all that is available is not what you want, well then the pleasure of ownership is lost.

 

I was even thinking of dumping all my Aldens on eBay and paying the extra for C&J or EG MTO. Sure, it costs a little more, but at least you know they are replaceable and you can even ask for minor changes to personalize your boots to your own specific style. EG also fits better, wears better, ages better, lasts longer, polishes up better and looks much better than Alden, so the small premium is probably not bad.

 

I can never understand how some people manage to buy exactly the Aldens they want when for months and months there is not a single store in the USA I can find with a pair of boots or an ordering system capable of supplying me a pair I would want to own.

 

If I wanted a pair of 9 eyelet punched toe cap in one of the brown cordovan colors, forget it, I will only ever see a pair on some website or find some very used second hand pair on eBay.

 

Where does a person find a decent range of Aldens? Or where does a person find a retailer who can actually order a pair for a client?

post #28372 of 86681
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeJouvre View Post

I have the same problem. Ever since I bought my first pair of SF Alden boots I have been unable to buy a single pair of Aldens no matter who I speak to, even if I am willing to wait, I find nobody will accept an order.

I used to buy all my Alden products from Jordan Sayler, nothing was too much trouble for Jordan, and i would always have a few pairs of Aldens in my closet. Ever since Jordan's store closed down I have spoken to a few stores now, including both LS stores, and the best they could do was recommend other styles I don't like.

It is great owning Aldens, but when you know you will probably not be able to replace the shoes when you need to, and when you know all that is available is not what you want, well then the pleasure of ownership is lost.

I was even thinking of dumping all my Aldens on eBay and paying the extra for C&J or EG MTO. Sure, it costs a little more, but at least you know they are replaceable and you can even ask for minor changes to personalize your boots to your own specific style. EG also fits better, wears better, ages better, lasts longer, polishes up better and looks much better than Alden, so the small premium is probably not bad.

I can never understand how some people manage to buy exactly the Aldens they want when for months and months there is not a single store in the USA I can find with a pair of boots or an ordering system capable of supplying me a pair I would want to own.

If I wanted a pair of 9 eyelet punched toe cap in one of the brown cordovan colors, forget it, I will only ever see a pair on some website or find some very used second hand pair on eBay.

Where does a person find a decent range of Aldens? Or where does a person find a retailer who can actually order a pair for a client?

If I understand your post, you want MTO Alden shoes in cordovan colors with details fit to your specs and in a specific uncommon size... I think the issue is that cordovan is in short supply, so it isn't economical,for Alden to take dozens or hundreds of individual MTO orders in something like ravello. I talked to Steven at Leffot, he is having trouble getting ravello orders confirmed. Remember, it is one pair of shoes per horse. If you need wide sizes, the Alden DC, NYC and SF stores seem to stock some Es and EEs in some cordovan styles. The Shoe Mart does occasionally as well. If you need a unique makeup, try one of the Alden MTO threads here on SF for a group order.
post #28373 of 86681
With the recent demand, it might be a while before Alden opens up their individual MTO program...
post #28374 of 86681
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeJouvre View Post

I have the same problem. Ever since I bought my first pair of SF Alden boots I have been unable to buy a single pair of Aldens no matter who I speak to, even if I am willing to wait, I find nobody will accept an order.

I used to buy all my Alden products from Jordan Sayler, nothing was too much trouble for Jordan, and i would always have a few pairs of Aldens in my closet. Ever since Jordan's store closed down I have spoken to a few stores now, including both LS stores, and the best they could do was recommend other styles I don't like.

It is great owning Aldens, but when you know you will probably not be able to replace the shoes when you need to, and when you know all that is available is not what you want, well then the pleasure of ownership is lost.

I was even thinking of dumping all my Aldens on eBay and paying the extra for C&J or EG MTO. Sure, it costs a little more, but at least you know they are replaceable and you can even ask for minor changes to personalize your boots to your own specific style. EG also fits better, wears better, ages better, lasts longer, polishes up better and looks much better than Alden, so the small premium is probably not bad.

I can never understand how some people manage to buy exactly the Aldens they want when for months and months there is not a single store in the USA I can find with a pair of boots or an ordering system capable of supplying me a pair I would want to own.

If I wanted a pair of 9 eyelet punched toe cap in one of the brown cordovan colors, forget it, I will only ever see a pair on some website or find some very used second hand pair on eBay.

Where does a person find a decent range of Aldens? Or where does a person find a retailer who can actually order a pair for a client?

We can order any of the stock offerings for you at any time. For our makeups there is just so much planning and back of house work involved to accommodate everyone's requests individually. Plus most people aren't willing to wait. That is why I basically stopped doing our preorders.

If you don't mind waiting 18+ months with a non-refundable/transferable deposit, let me know the styles you are looking for (non-cigar/ravello/whiskey/#4) and I will try my best to accommodate you personally. Email me directly if you are interested.
post #28375 of 86681
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL View Post

We can order any of the stock offerings for you at any time. For our makeups there is just so much planning and back of house work involved to accommodate everyone's requests individually. Plus most people aren't willing to wait. That is why I basically stopped doing our preorders.
If you don't mind waiting 18+ months with a non-refundable/transferable deposit, let me know the styles you are looking for (non-cigar/ravello/whiskey/#4) and I will try my best to accommodate you personally. Email me directly if you are interested.

Pretty gracious move Tom. Looking forward to seeing what else comes down the line. Definitely getting nice wear from your cigar wing tip boot. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #28376 of 86681
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL View Post

We can order any of the stock offerings for you at any time. For our makeups there is just so much planning and back of house work involved to accommodate everyone's requests individually. Plus most people aren't willing to wait. That is why I basically stopped doing our preorders.
If you don't mind waiting 18+ months with a non-refundable/transferable deposit, let me know the styles you are looking for (non-cigar/ravello/whiskey/#4) and I will try my best to accommodate you personally. Email me directly if you are interested.

The fact that Tom will personally reply (to a forum rant) like this is more than I can say for any other Alden retailer out there.
post #28377 of 86681
^^beat me to it satisfied.gif
post #28378 of 86681
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post

^^beat me to it satisfied.gif

I click the 'Enter' key like lightning! happy.gif
post #28379 of 86681
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

25ths2h.jpg
cigar wt boot
argyles otc


must be the maiden voyage....enjoy wearing Uncle!
post #28380 of 86681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post


If I understand your post, you want MTO Alden shoes in cordovan colors with details fit to your specs and in a specific uncommon size... I think the issue is that cordovan is in short supply, so it isn't economical,for Alden to take dozens or hundreds of individual MTO orders in something like ravello. I talked to Steven at Leffot, he is having trouble getting ravello orders confirmed. Remember, it is one pair of shoes per horse. If you need wide sizes, the Alden DC, NYC and SF stores seem to stock some Es and EEs in some cordovan styles. The Shoe Mart does occasionally as well. If you need a unique makeup, try one of the Alden MTO threads here on SF for a group order.

 

No, you misunderstand and misrepresent what I said. I want stock standard Alden items in my size, to replace precisely what I already own. What I own is worn out and ready for replacement.

 

That the Alden cordovan range is chronically limited to products which are never available, even from retailers who cannot place orders for future delivery, is at the fulcrum of the complaint. That other suppliers can both supply a cordovan range AND offer MTO variations reduces Alden's possible list of explanations.

 

The argument that these leathers are in short supply is well known, but the argument is partially flawed because the other manufacturers do not experience the same problems as acutely as Alden allegedly does.

 

AE for example, a producer of greater quantity, manages to deliver fairly quickly, although they do not do Ravello, but, EG, G&G, Vass et al, all foreign producers, they experience far less of these problems, either that or they manage the problems a whole lot better.

 

The other suppliers have waiting lists as well, sure, and exotic colored cordovan leather can be a slightly longer wait, but these issues are no less onerous or burdensome than any other premium range of their products and the cordovan products in any exotic color can be delivered by the other suppliers within fairly reasonable lead times.

 

I have, for example, an order for a whiskey Sandringham and a Cognac Brummel from EG. Another retailer confirmed an order for a pair of boots in an exotic colored cordovan from G&G. Both orders will be delivered in very reasonable lead times.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post


The fact that Tom will personally reply (to a forum rant) like this is more than I can say for any other Alden retailer out there.

 

+1 absolutely, Tom is way out there, except that this is no rant, unless you view it from the perspective of a supplier and not a consumer.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL View Post


We can order any of the stock offerings for you at any time. For our makeups there is just so much planning and back of house work involved to accommodate everyone's requests individually. Plus most people aren't willing to wait. That is why I basically stopped doing our preorders.
If you don't mind waiting 18+ months with a non-refundable/transferable deposit, let me know the styles you are looking for (non-cigar/ravello/whiskey/#4) and I will try my best to accommodate you personally. Email me directly if you are interested.


You got it Tom,

 

not only will I pay a deposit, I will pay full retail if the order is accepted. Previous inquiries have been met with an absolute decline, which is not a problem in itself, it just makes the marketing of these unobtainable items by the producer so strange.

 

I will PM you to discuss. I am after stock standard products, only in one of the exotic cordovans. Waiting is not the problem, availability and opportunity to be advised when stocks do become available is the issue. Perhaps I will simply get you to order from one of your other suppliers anyway, that way I could dispense with all this waiting for retirement age before delivery stuff.

 

Customers who are unwilling to wait will walk into an Alden retailer and buy one of these products straight off the shelf if they are lucky enough to make their purchase at the right time. But are they real Alden shoe enthusiasts? Like those clients who do spend the time and the effort to source these products but keep coming up empty handed.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***