Originally Posted by AML225
Here's a question for you guys, and before I get flamed I'm really trying to understand, what's so great about chukkas?
I've never seen one in person and I guess I just don't see what makes them desirable? Do they wear differently or something? Please enlighten me!
1) Offers the clean look of a plain toe with a bit of the versatility of a boot
2) Easy to get on and off like loafers (great for traveling)
3) The bit can be a bit looser (which could be a minus depending on your point of view)
4) Looks equally good with chinos and denim. Suede versions look OK with shorts (some of Alden's boots, like Indys, don't look as good with chinos)
5) More of an "all year" boot as opposed to some of the Alden high boots, which can get a bit heavy in the summer
I have three chukkas (whiskey cordovan, brown chromexcel and navy suede) and am considering adding more. These boots get more wear then my Indy boots (whiskey cordovan, classic brown leather Indy and milkshake suede)