or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 1824

post #27346 of 92404
Still amazed at how some of the boots are so well cared, when I bump, scratch, scuff my shoes the very first day I wear them

tumblr_lrtxo9G7xD1r2j213o1_500.jpg
post #27347 of 92404
Quote:
Originally Posted by LankyFellow View Post

I actually got these from the Shoe Mart.

Wow really? these are mine (previously posted)

longwing001.jpg

compared to yours

350x263px-LL-91b59eee_CigarLWB.jpeg
post #27348 of 92404
.
post #27349 of 92404
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceoceo View Post

Still amazed at how some of the boots are so well cared, when I bump, scratch, scuff my shoes the very first day I wear them
tumblr_lrtxo9G7xD1r2j213o1_500.jpg

 

Is this colour Ravello? Or is it the darker brown from Alden x J. Crew?

post #27350 of 92404
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceoceo View Post

tumblr_lrtxo9G7xD1r2j213o1_500.jpg

That could be one of the greatest images on the internet.

Cigar Indy?
post #27351 of 92404
Quote:
Originally Posted by violethour1951 View Post

Is this colour Ravello? Or is it the darker brown from Alden x J. Crew?

This is the cigar JC indy from Leffot, the same image has been posted a few times. Great shoe
post #27352 of 92404
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstomcat View Post

First time posting on this thread and need your opinion. I'm in the market for a norweger and looking at these? What do you say?
413

Personally, I would go with a darker color...Cigar or #8. Whiskey is not so versatile, IMO.
post #27353 of 92404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post


This is the cigar JC indy from Leffot, the same image has been posted a few times. Great shoe

 

Thanks Alci. Alden x Leffot never fails to blow me away

post #27354 of 92404
Anyone know of any stores in NYC that stock E widths? Thinking about a shell LWB.
post #27355 of 92404
Quote:
Originally Posted by furo View Post

The tanning process is more involved than applying a coat of paint on a car. Typically leathers are dyed all the way through if the tannery is worth their weight in salt, and I'm guessing that Horween fits the mold.
edit: after seeing the video it looks like their dye is external and not quite as penetrating as I once thought, but even still, I'd be able to get 90% of what was in those scuff pics out with just a tee shirt and horsehair brush:
263
You can still see the smooth contour of the toe box is completely in tact; there are no deep cuts or gashes.. it implies a very minor scuff that isn't penetrating at all from what I can see.
would it make a difference if this was Ravello cordovan? which it is
post #27356 of 92404
Sorry for the PSA, but have slowly come to the realization that Barrie lasted shoes don't work for my feet. I have the long since sold out #4/Black saddle bluchers in size 10D from Leathersoul that I am parting with. Worn exactly 3 times to the office, they are in pristine shape. Looking to get $500 or best offer and can circulate pics. PM me if interested.

http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2011/01/13/alden-shoes-4black-saddle-blucher-lsw/
post #27357 of 92404
wow ... one of the best, most unique makeups. sucks for you but great for whoevers a 10D lol
post #27358 of 92404
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Personally, I would go with a darker color...Cigar or #8. Whiskey is not so versatile, IMO.

+1
post #27359 of 92404
Quote:
Originally Posted by furo View Post

The tanning process is more involved than applying a coat of paint on a car. Typically leathers are dyed all the way through if the tannery is worth their weight in salt, and I'm guessing that Horween fits the mold.
edit: after seeing the video it looks like their dye is external and not quite as penetrating as I once thought, but even still, I'd be able to get 90% of what was in those scuff pics out with just a tee shirt and horsehair brush:
263
You can still see the smooth contour of the toe box is completely in tact; there are no deep cuts or gashes.. it implies a very minor scuff that isn't penetrating at all from what I can see.

My bet is he'll end up with a two tone toe box if he follows your suggestion - the finish is gone and needs to be restored, all the polish in the world won't do that. My 2 cents.
post #27360 of 92404
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRK33 View Post

Sorry for the PSA, but have slowly come to the realization that Barrie lasted shoes don't work for my feet. I have the long since sold out #4/Black saddle bluchers in size 10D from Leathersoul that I am parting with. Worn exactly 3 times to the office, they are in pristine shape. Looking to get $500 or best offer and can circulate pics. PM me if interested.
http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2011/01/13/alden-shoes-4black-saddle-blucher-lsw/

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post

wow ... one of the best, most unique makeups. sucks for you but great for whoevers a 10D lol

RKD, tell me about it. None too happy. But you are right, someone else is going to luck out and I'd rather it be an Alden aficionado than some random Ebayer.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***