or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 1822

post #27316 of 97039
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post


I'm not totally convinced it's necessary myself. 

I only use it to fix scratches in cordovan. The back of the spoon trick that everyone talks about probably works just fine. The bone works the renovateur into the scratches very well without causing additional damage to the finish of the shoe.
post #27317 of 97039
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

It's not much, but Barney's designer shoes are 10% off right now.
Seems to include Alden.

 

+1. If you look at Aldens on barneys.com, you get this:

 

"BUY SHOES, HELP KIDS: RECEIVE A 10% DISCOUNT ON ANY MENS OR WOMENS DESIGNER SHOE PURCHASE WITH CODE BNYUNICEF AND BARNEYS NEW YORK WILL DONATE 10% OF SALES TO THE U.S. FUND FOR UNICEF"

post #27318 of 97039
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsayno View Post

Where can I buy deer bone ?

 

Can also get it at the hanger project: http://www.hangerproject.com/closet/horn-bone.html

post #27319 of 97039
I wonder if a deerbone would help me with this...263
post #27320 of 97039
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkater1 View Post

My wife talked me into keeping them. Here's the #4 Wingtip in the wild.
263

drool.gif Hang onto this woman and buy her something nice. Boots are awesome.
post #27321 of 97039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

lankyfellow rules icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif he sold me some epaulet natural chromexcel NST boots.. so dope. and of course it's 85 the day they come frown.gif

Glad you like them. I just couldn't handle the half size too big anymore. They deserved better than to just be in my closet all the time. Also allowed me to get those sweet cigar lwb from shoemart. Oh and if anyone was curious I think they just got a shipment of those cigars a couple weeks ago because they were always out of stock when I looked before.
post #27322 of 97039
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

I'm not totally convinced it's necessary myself. 

Infidel! If you don't believe, it doesn't work - let yourself go, immerse yourself in the full glory of the voodoo bone. Feel the power of the voodoo bone.

Full disclosure -I'm not sure either... patch[1].gif
post #27323 of 97039
Quote:
Originally Posted by halberdklown View Post

I wonder if a deerbone would help me with this...263

All kidding aside, I wouldn't touch this. I would call John Bennett (sp?) at Alden - he heads up the restoration department. Try leaving him a voicemail through the main number (not the 800 "customer service number") which I believe is (508) 947-3926.
post #27324 of 97039
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkater1 View Post

My wife talked me into keeping them. Here's the #4 Wingtip in the wild.
263

Wow.  Just wow.

post #27325 of 97039
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseHide View Post

All kidding aside, I wouldn't touch this. I would call John Bennett (sp?) at Alden - he heads up the restoration department. Try leaving him a voicemail through the main number (not the 800 "customer service number") which I believe is (508) 947-3926.
wait, really? damn...that's what I get for choosing the concrete stairs the day I decided to wear these...there has got to be something I can do that wouldn't require me to send them anywhere, I hope
post #27326 of 97039
Quote:
Originally Posted by halberdklown View Post

I wonder if a deerbone would help me with this...263

That makes me feel sick crazy.gif

Without fail the first time I bust out a new pair of shell, I scuff them up...so you're not alone.
Edited by blue collar - 5/2/12 at 7:08am
post #27327 of 97039
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post


That makes me feel sick crazy.gif
Without fail the first time I bust out a new pair of shell, I scuff them up...so you're not allone.

 

LOL same here.  Sort of like a door-ding on a new car.  The good news is that with a little saphir renovateur, a brush, and time, the shoe scuff will turn into "patina" - the door ding is just a dent.  

post #27328 of 97039
Quote:
Originally Posted by LankyFellow View Post

First day out with Cigar LWB
263

Gorgeous, Just gorgeous!
post #27329 of 97039
Quote:
Originally Posted by halberdklown View Post

wait, really? damn...that's what I get for choosing the concrete stairs the day I decided to wear these...there has got to be something I can do that wouldn't require me to send them anywhere, I hope

No need to send them anywhere; it's just a scuff. Use a bit of elbow grease and you'll be fine. With a damp cotton tee shirt and horsehair brush I could remove about 90% of what I see there

Just takes time is all
post #27330 of 97039
Rockin' the Sand Suede LWB today.
photoaz.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***