or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 1777

post #26641 of 91498
Calikid

did you get any other modifications done or just a straight resole from b.nelson?

looks good

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #26642 of 91498

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chantheman View Post

Calikid
did you get any other modifications done or just a straight resole from b.nelson?
looks good

 

Just as noted below:

 

They were converted to a 360 degree storm welt mid sole and JR leather sole.  Custom antique edge stain, leaving the welts as wide as possible stitched in white.   The heel base had to be replaced to acommodate the new welt design.

 

I just felt that the boot needed to be more balanced with a wider welt all the way around.  

 

thanks

post #26643 of 91498
Quote:
Originally Posted by furo View Post

thanks good to know.... think I will stick to my local cobbler ... no way I'm paying that kind of price for a resole

Sounds like a lot more than a re-sole. The welt that changed from 270 to 360 which means significant more work had to be added. A regular re-sole would be half that I think, plus shipping.
post #26644 of 91498
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmivtr View Post

Sounds like a lot more than a re-sole. The welt that changed from 270 to 360 which means significant more work had to be added. A regular re-sole would be half that I think, plus shipping.

Their website says a standard resole is $90 with shipping included. The complete resole package is $120 and includes trees and shipping. Here is the page:

http://www.bnelsonshoes.com/high_grade_shoes.asp
post #26645 of 91498
I forgot to mention this was on the Shoemart 9D seconds list too. White suede Indy...

350
post #26646 of 91498
this isn't likely, but if anyone has a pair of used 10.5d indys they want to move, hit me up!
post #26647 of 91498
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagsun View Post

I forgot to mention this was on the Shoemart 9D seconds list too. White suede Indy...
350

this is super clean. I like it a lot.
post #26648 of 91498
8.5-9.5 second list to me at

Marcus.Dahl@yahoo.com


thanks =)
post #26649 of 91498
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceoceo View Post

I see. If you dont mind, can you show me what it looks like? Not that it would matter much since im already getting deep discounts and I will be able to see them while wearing the shoes...

mine was put in a spot where it wore off. it's not a big deal. i don't think people are gonna judge you.
post #26650 of 91498

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunw View Post

if anyone is willing to forward a 2nd's list to me my email is listed below, 9.5D, 9.5E, 10D, 10E are of interest.

 

swhitworth@osageva.com

 


Just sent 10E, good luck!

post #26651 of 91498
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeuce22 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceoceo View Post

I see. If you dont mind, can you show me what it looks like? Not that it would matter much since im already getting deep discounts and I will be able to see them while wearing the shoes...

mine was put in a spot where it wore off. it's not a big deal. i don't think people are gonna judge you.

normal people wont judge you, but this is styleforum ... we judge
post #26652 of 91498

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmull View Post


duh
fredmull1973@gmail.com

 


Just sent 10E, good luck...

post #26653 of 91498

Thanks for the heads up!   Commando Sole, I like.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr chorizo View Post

also...for anyone who missed out on Leffot's, Epaulet has a similar milshake suede indy boot up.
brass eyelets, speedhooks, commando sole

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post


I was just going to post this - you guys need to hop on these Indy boots

 

 

post #26654 of 91498

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calikid View Post

 

 

 

 

 

$250.00 total

included shipping both ways plus originally they started out with a 270 degree good year welt and mid sole finished in black w/ black stain and black sole stitching.

They were converted to a 360 degree storm welt mid sole and JR leather sole.  Custom antique edge stain, leaving the welts as wide as possible stitched in white.   The heel base had to be replaced to acommodate the new welt design.

Nick at B. Nelson shoes is amazing to work with with phenomenal service.  This was my 4th pair he had done for me.  Incredible job!

 

I'd love to see a higher quality picture of the resoling, if you're able to post one.

post #26655 of 91498

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunw View Post

if anyone is willing to forward a 2nd's list to me my email is listed below, 9.5D, 9.5E, 10D, 10E are of interest.

 

swhitworth@osageva.com

 

Emailed you.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***