or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 1772

post #26566 of 79299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Planner View Post

Broke out my snuff suede longwings from J. Crew for the first time today. I ordered them in the fall and the order kept getting pushed back and then didn't arrive until just a couple of weeks ago. However, at almost 40% less than what they charge for them now, I cannot complain too much.
350
350

enjoy wearing

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #26567 of 79299
nzgljn.jpg
ravello medallion tip cap toe
argyles otc
post #26568 of 79299
Quote:
Originally Posted by localman View Post

Hey guys, thanks to everyone that replied regarding my separating indy's I contacted Alden and they suggested taking them back to j. Crew and then they would send them on to Alden for repairs. If this goes as smooth as they have implied it will it will have at least restored some of the faith I had in Alden boots.

ugh.. sounds like an awful experience... and good luck getting them back anytime soon .. I'd guess 2 months and that's a conservative bet
post #26569 of 79299
Quote:
Originally Posted by localman View Post

Hey guys, thanks to everyone that replied regarding my separating indy's I contacted Alden and they suggested taking them back to j. Crew and then they would send them on to Alden for repairs. If this goes as smooth as they have implied it will it will have at least restored some of the faith I had in Alden boots.

To be honest, I think Jcrew has surprisingly good service. Ask them to just replace them on the spot; I am pretty confident they will. Don't even bother with the repair route.
post #26570 of 79299
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Try Nordstroms. They have some policy where they'll split shoe sizes. Dunno what the details are.

Yep, I've been to two Nordstrom stores and neither would split a pair for me. It sucks having two different sized feet...
post #26571 of 79299
^ freak
post #26572 of 79299
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRK33 View Post

To be honest, I think Jcrew has surprisingly good service. Ask them to just replace them on the spot; I am pretty confident they will. Don't even bother with the repair route.

Agreed. If there is a defect in the a boot bought by J Crew, simply exchange, they are good at that
post #26573 of 79299

Suede today in Boston...

 

Alden Tan Suede Chukka w/ Benjo's Laces

post #26574 of 79299
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeuce22 View Post

^ freak

that comment is totally unacceptable. gentlemen would apologize and delete comment
post #26575 of 79299

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRK33 View Post


To be honest, I think Jcrew has surprisingly good service. Ask them to just replace them on the spot; I am pretty confident they will. Don't even bother with the repair route.

 


+1

 

My Red Wing x J.Crew boots came in a couple of days ago and despite being both tagged the same size, the right boot is clearly half a size smaller than the left one. My right foot is also bigger than the left so it just makes it worse. Despite the fact that the boots were on clearance for final sale and no exchanges/returns, I emailed CS with a description of the issue and within 12 hours I had a refund sitting in my PayPal account and I don't even have the return shipping label yet.

post #26576 of 79299
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyt123 View Post





+1

My Red Wing x J.Crew boots came in a couple of days ago and despite being both tagged the same size, the right boot is clearly half a size smaller than the left one. My right foot is also bigger than the left so it just makes it worse. Despite the fact that the boots were on clearance for final sale and no exchanges/returns, I emailed CS with a description of the issue and within 12 hours I had a refund sitting in my PayPal account and I don't even have the return shipping label yet.

Wonder if you're out a good pair of clearance boots though... maybe that's the reason they were last ones available, heh
post #26577 of 79299
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeuce22 View Post

^ freak

that comment is totally unacceptable. gentlemen would apologize and delete comment


I would never say that to a person if I didn't know him on a personal level, which in this case, I do.
post #26578 of 79299
6b800fa5.jpg

fd677c74.jpg
post #26579 of 79299

photo-59.JPG

Alden J.Crew Captoe resoled by Nick V at B. Nelson Shoes....

post #26580 of 79299

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeuce22 View Post

6b800fa5.jpg
fd677c74.jpg

 

Amazing.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***