Those CT's are stunning. Wear them in the best of health.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not? Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:25am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
***The official Alden thread *** - Page 1768
Styleforum Top Picks
these look great! How can I go about contacting Kathy and checking to see if there is still a pair of those available?
Call her at 202-347-2308
First was a pair of indys. The shop I purchased them from tried to fix them (poorly) so they ended up being returned.
The second time it happened was on a pair of #8 tankers. Alden repaired them free of charge.
This past fall I purchased a pair of #8 captoe boots from j crew and it happened again (after wearing them less than 10x) They offered to repair them, but I just ended up returning them instead.
I have very low confidence in their boots at this point.
Has this happened with anyone else's Indy's (or any other boots for that matter)?
Basically the upper is separating from the welt/sole of the shoe (the white you see is I assume the thread holding them all together. Just noticed this today, with nothing notable happening to cause this. Really starting to lose faith in the quality of Aldens as these boots are less than a year old. I get it the demand makes the QC go down or something like that but this should not be happening on a $450 dollar boot regardless of the reasoning. I mean hell this doesn't even happen on $100 boots. I'm starting to really question whether Aldens are worth the trouble. So far I've had speed hooks tearing out of $650 Cordovan boots, ugly wrinkles on $460 chukkas, and now this. Pretty disappointing.
Anyone else have experience with this? Is it an easy fix at a shoe repair?
Thanks in advance.
i agree with your conclusion. you only see the true color in natural light
Quick cross post. I started a Hellbrand Leatherworks Appreciation thread. I wanted a belt to go with my Kudu Ultimate Indy boots, but I couldn't find what I wanted. Hellbrand made me a custom CXL belt at a reasonable price. It arrived today, and I ordered another one to match my LSxSE natural CXL conservation boots. The customer service is excellent.
- ***The official Alden thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- › EIDOS NAPOLI SILK/WOOL SPORT COAT 38/48 41 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Dior Homme Thread*** 8 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 11 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 12 minutes ago
- › The Official Thrift Thread Maker Label Guide 13 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 16 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015