or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 1743

post #26131 of 79291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

I am wearing these right now... RL Marlows are essential for cordovan fans, a lot of guys in this thread own them

I really wish the Marlow fit me - I got a 12D during their 40% + 15% sale last year, but they were too wide, and unfortunately they aren't made in narrow widths. I tried sizing down to an 11.5 but they were too short in length. Looks like I'll have to stick to waiting 18 months for Alden pre-orders satisfied.gif

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #26132 of 79291
How do you guys maintain the edge trim?
post #26133 of 79291
post #26134 of 79291
mmezgj.jpg
#8 saddle
argyles otc
post #26135 of 79291
Hey guys, I finally ponied up and bought a pair of Indy boots from Alden DC ( me --> biggrin.gif ). I have goofy feet and after trying on 1,000 different pairs a 9C ended up fitting like a glove. Kathy is also awesome to work with. I had a great experience there and continue to after the sale. I would highly recommend it.

With that said, question for the Alden connoisseurs. How big of a blemish/imperfection would it have to be for you to second guess paying almost $500 and being satisfied? The right boot has a small gouge, probably made with one of the tools when being built. Without light on it, it isn't as noticeable (which is probably why we didn't see it in the store). Problem is I know it's there now, it wasn't of my own doing, and it's driving me nuts. I threw together some pictures below. What is everyone's thoughts? Getting another 9C could take several months. Would this be something you could look past?

261
post #26136 of 79291

That wouldn't bother me.  You'll pick up scuffs worse than that.  Those are the brown CXLs?  Try a little Saphir or Venetian shoe creme. 

post #26137 of 79291
Quote:
Originally Posted by pofe333 View Post

Hey guys, I finally ponied up and bought a pair of Indy boots from Alden DC ( me --> biggrin.gif ). I have goofy feet and after trying on 1,000 different pairs a 9C ended up fitting like a glove. Kathy is also awesome to work with. I had a great experience there and continue to after the sale. I would highly recommend it.
With that said, question for the Alden connoisseurs. How big of a blemish/imperfection would it have to be for you to second guess paying almost $500 and being satisfied? The right boot has a small gouge, probably made with one of the tools when being built. Without light on it, it isn't as noticeable (which is probably why we didn't see it in the store). Problem is I know it's there now, it wasn't of my own doing, and it's driving me nuts. I threw together some pictures below. What is everyone's thoughts? Getting another 9C could take several months. Would this be something you could look past?
261
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

That wouldn't bother me.  You'll pick up scuffs worse than that.  Those are the brown CXLs?  Try a little Saphir or Venetian shoe creme. 

Agree with PhiPsi here. These boots will look good with some wear on them and it is amazing what a little shoe cream can do to convert a nick like that directly into character. I can also recommend Montana Pitch Blend for care, whether CXL or other. Really nice and very pleasant to work with. I keep flogging it here. Guy should send me a free tub or something.smile.gif And speaking of it, I've got some boots that need a going over right now.
post #26138 of 79291
Quote:
Originally Posted by pofe333 View Post

Hey guys, I finally ponied up and bought a pair of Indy boots from Alden DC ( me --> biggrin.gif ). I have goofy feet and after trying on 1,000 different pairs a 9C ended up fitting like a glove. Kathy is also awesome to work with. I had a great experience there and continue to after the sale. I would highly recommend it.
With that said, question for the Alden connoisseurs. How big of a blemish/imperfection would it have to be for you to second guess paying almost $500 and being satisfied? The right boot has a small gouge, probably made with one of the tools when being built. Without light on it, it isn't as noticeable (which is probably why we didn't see it in the store). Problem is I know it's there now, it wasn't of my own doing, and it's driving me nuts. I threw together some pictures below. What is everyone's thoughts? Getting another 9C could take several months. Would this be something you could look past?
261

you've seen the indiana jones movies?
post #26139 of 79291

 

I've had no response, just wondering if any other owners of this shoe from LS had the same missed hole punch on both shoes?

 

I was told from LS that the whole batch came that way and they still sold it at regular price and not as irregular.  They tried to remove it themselves, but couldn't and recommended to me to just fill it in with a felt marker.

 

Any thoughts on this? Should I keep it or return it back to LS?  Is this normal practice to sell a $475 shoe with this missed hole punch?  This is my fourth pair of Alden in the past 6 weeks and am disappointed that a shoe of this level has this issue.  


Quote:
Originally Posted by vento1 View Post

Just received my navy suede shortwings from LS navy suede shortwings.  Love the fit and color. 

 

Any recommendation on how to remove the missed hole punch?  Not sure how this got through Alden QC as well as LS as they unpacked the shoe to ship it to me with a shoe tree?

 

 

IMG_0062.jpg

 

 

  IMG_0063.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

post #26140 of 79291

Just bought a pair of used burgundy calfskin tassel loafers on eBay in size 9AAA on the Aberdeen last.  Didn't realize they were extra narrow width and they definitely don't fit me.  Anybody interested?

post #26141 of 79291
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmivtr View Post

Untitled
Just got my Cigar LWB!

Guess my #8 PTB is going back... good thing I haven't worn them yet!

Spectacular colour. Bet you dont want to wear them eh? biggrin.gif
post #26142 of 79291
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigt View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmivtr View Post

Untitled
Just got my Cigar LWB!

Guess my #8 PTB is going back... good thing I haven't worn them yet!

Spectacular colour. Bet you dont want to wear them eh? biggrin.gif

Actually broke them in immediately after I took that pic. smile.gif
post #26143 of 79291


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfactor23 View Post

In 2009, Tassels offered the Alden Combat Boot in Black Smooth Calf -

 

http://www.tassels.com.hk/en/made_to_order_details.php?id=8

 

I am looking for 11 other people who would be interested in approaching Epaulet about a special order of these shoes.

 

- Trubalance Last (the only change I am proposing - originally came on Barrie last)

- Premium Extra Smooth Calf in Black

- Flat waxed shoes lace

 

- matching eyelets

- Rugged Commando Sole

 

- Pull tab

 

Alden Tassels Combat Boot.jpg

 

Gentlemen, nobody is offering this type of shoe - let's get this done now, so that it will be available by the fall.

Who's in?

 

this is a cross post from the Alden MTO thread - we have three people interested so far, need nine more -

If you think you'd like this for the fall, please let us know -

post #26144 of 79291
Quote:
Originally Posted by AldenLuver View Post



Adam is awesome.  I second the recommendation for Alden of Carmel.  C&J may not make a LWB, but their Marlow wingtip is spectacular! I have the cigar LWB and I'm about to pick up the Marlow also.
350x467px-LL-714b2123_Ralph-Lauren-Marlow-Wingtip.jpeg

how to you size in the Marlow vs barrie/trubalance last?
post #26145 of 79291
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmivtr View Post

Actually broke them in immediately after I took that pic. smile.gif

Good on you.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***