or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 1699

post #25471 of 99252
Quote:
Originally Posted by onestar View Post


We'll have to arrange an official Day Tripper images day after ours are all shipped to us.


 

Oh man I'd be down, I've had the hots for this boot since I first saw it in 2010 here:
http://www.arichinnerlife.com/2010/11/30/alden-for-leffot-captoe-boot/

post #25472 of 99252
I have a pair of alden #8 chukkas in 9.5D barrie BNIB if anyone is interested. 500$ shipped -
post #25473 of 99252
Quote:
Originally Posted by onestar View Post

We'll have to arrange an official Day Tripper images day after ours are all shipped to us.

I note with interest that all Aldens in the Leffot online shop are now marked "Sorry, this item can not be shipped internationally."

I'm hoping this is not going to be a strict guideline from here on in, and if it is then hopefully it will not affect the current batch of Day Tripper pre-orders.

Having said that, I had a recent set of issues with LS which they resolved very professionally. So I will still have a solid channel for Aldens if Leffot cuts off those of us outside the States.
post #25474 of 99252
Quote:
Originally Posted by cold war painter View Post

I note with interest that all Aldens in the Leffot online shop are now marked "Sorry, this item can not be shipped internationally."
I'm hoping this is not going to be a strict guideline from here on in, and if it is then hopefully it will not affect the current batch of Day Tripper pre-orders.
Having said that, I had a recent set of issues with LS which they resolved very professionally. So I will still have a solid channel for Aldens if Leffot cuts off those of us outside the States.

Colin confirmed with me that the Day Tripper pre-orders would not be affected by the International shiping black-out. The restriction is something that Alden has imposed on its retailers (supposedly to "control their distribution"). For us overseas Alden fanatics, it might mean we have to find a 3rd party forwarder that are being used a lot these days. Just means yet another premium to add to the purchase.

I know they are famous last words on this forum, but I think my Day Trippers will be "it" for a while.....
post #25475 of 99252
wait so now... most online retailers dont ship internationally? That means we gotta use proxy from now on?
post #25476 of 99252
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalence View Post

wait so now... most online retailers dont ship internationally? That means we gotta use proxy from now on?

I think you'll find this is an issue with Alden, not Leffot. Leffot will ship other brands internationally, just not Alden
post #25477 of 99252
Quote:
Originally Posted by onestar View Post

Colin confirmed with me that the Day Tripper pre-orders would not be affected by the International shiping black-out.

Thank you, that's good to know. Interestingly, I just placed an order with a different U.S. retailer and nothing was said about it.

If Alden are going to restrict dealers to selling only inside their own territories, then I guess the Bureau and Frans Boone are still open to those of us in the UK. Or I could stop buying boots from overseas and get my SWD footwear from my usual MC sources in Northampton, which is probably what I should be doing anyway.
post #25478 of 99252
that sucks...what about leathersoul? In my country there no retailer selling alden.. gotta get the from online retailers
post #25479 of 99252
So will an official Alden store (NY,SF, DC) still ship internationally? Just not Alden stockists?

I have a pre order placed with NY a few months ago that'll be done in August...

...Also leather soul has made no mention of this on their web page or blog...angry.gif
post #25480 of 99252
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post

So will an official Alden store (NY,SF, DC) still ship internationally? Just not Alden stockists?
I have a pre order placed with NY a few months ago that'll be done in August...
...Also leather soul has made no mention of this on their web page or blog...angry.gif

Leathersoul used to, you'll have to contact them to see if they still do.
post #25481 of 99252
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post

So will an official Alden store (NY,SF, DC) still ship internationally? Just not Alden stockists?
I have a pre order placed with NY a few months ago that'll be done in August...
...Also leather soul has made no mention of this on their web page or blog...angry.gif

Only SF & DC are owned by Alden. NY is independent. Regarding the shipping issue, Alden seems to be restructuring their contracts with distributors which is unfortunate for those overseas.
post #25482 of 99252
Quote:
Originally Posted by furo View Post

Correct. The same pattern is cut for the suede ptb:
(image snipped)

My curiosity was more about the fact that many PTB do not have a pattern at all. There is no dover, nassau, or anything on the majority of PTBs. I prefer the aesthetic of the dover or nassau. I am not a fan of the PTB which is nearly a wholecut except for the lacing.

Thanks for the info gentlemen. I'll just continue being patient and watching the LSW site for a dover or nassau PTB that I like. smile.gif
post #25483 of 99252
Quote:
Originally Posted by amftx View Post


My curiosity was more about the fact that many PTB do not have a pattern at all. There is no dover, nassau, or anything on the majority of PTBs. I prefer the aesthetic of the dover or nassau. I am not a fan of the PTB which is nearly a wholecut except for the lacing.
Thanks for the info gentlemen. I'll just continue being patient and watching the LSW site for a dover or nassau PTB that I like. smile.gif



I'm with you on the look of dover PTB. I have been kicking myself for not grabbing the cigar shell PTB w/ dover pattern that unionmade had back around the holidays. I was leery of the plantation crepe and still don't like it but it is definitely the closest thing I have seen recently to my perfect PTB.

 

Beale_Cordovan_5_Eye_Dover_in_Cigar_1.jpg

 

Beale_Cordovan_5_Eye_Dover_in_Cigar_3.jpg

 

post #25484 of 99252

Yeah, I like the dover pattern too. Over at unionmade they have shoes like that. They call them "officer shoe(s)".

 

http://www.unionmadegoods.com/Alden_Mens.html

 

Don't seem to be a lot of them in cordovan though. And the one I like in calf doesn't seem to be available in my size....

post #25485 of 99252
Unionmade, like madisonnyc, has an unlined suede snuff ptb on the barrie:

Arthur_Unlined_Suede_Oxford_in_Snuff_2.jpg

I'm glad mine were on the leydon, because it looks like barrie is the standard last for this model
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***