or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 1697

post #25441 of 87377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post

What's the best possible deal on a pair of #8 cordovan chukkas?  Anything less than retail?  

One of those J Crew 25% off coupons where they forget to pull all the Aldens from the site.
It's a crapshoot.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #25442 of 87377

^ lol, yes, I vividly remember passing on that deal during the Holidays (I think it was even up to 30% or more at one point, best deal ever).  

 

I don't think anything of that sort is going on right now (sad).  

post #25443 of 87377
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post

What's the best possible deal on a pair of #8 cordovan chukkas?  Anything less than retail?  

One of those J Crew 25% off coupons where they forget to pull all the Aldens from the site.
It's a crapshoot.

30% , actually teacha.gif
post #25444 of 87377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post

What's the best possible deal on a pair of #8 cordovan chukkas?  Anything less than retail?  


I see nib pairs on eBay all time. Typically range from $400-$500
post #25445 of 87377

New boot: I just got my Alden suede boots from J Crew with the crepe sole - and every time I walk there is a pretty loud "pop" in the left boot. My cobbler thinks it is a defect and doesn't think it will go away in time. Any thoughts? Thanks...

post #25446 of 87377
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngProf View Post

Has anyone noticed that The Shoe Mart is listing some makeups in #4 cordovan? They say they have to be shipped from the factory, but I don't think I've ever noticed these.
Not that I would benefit. They start at a hulking 8.5. Can't figure out who wears such gargantuan shoes . . .

i called ShoeMart today
the captoe has the 2 rows of stitching and should be in the next 4-5 weeks (they have a size 9D if anyone is interested)

the wingtip boot is 5-6 months out and they are accepting pre-orders for it.
post #25447 of 87377
Quote:
Originally Posted by chantheman View Post


i called ShoeMart today
the captoe has the 2 rows of stitching and should be in the next 4-5 weeks (they have a size 9D if anyone is interested)
the wingtip boot is 5-6 months out and they are accepting pre-orders for it.


where are you guys seeing this stuff online? I don't see any #4 on their website

post #25448 of 87377
Quote:
Originally Posted by chantheman View Post

i called ShoeMart today
the captoe has the 2 rows of stitching and should be in the next 4-5 weeks (they have a size 9D if anyone is interested)
the wingtip boot is 5-6 months out and they are accepting pre-orders for it.

Do you know if the captoe will be on the Barrie or Hampton lasts? There is no description on the website.

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens-9-eyelet-cap-toe-boot-shell-cordovan-color-4/pvc-ald-mxsbd-40726_ald_m_9_eyelet_cap_toe_boot_shell_cordovan.html
post #25449 of 87377
How do I treat scratches like this on a the toe of my boot? I'm guessing it's from a barstool or something. I hit it with a horsehair brush for a bit and it's still visible. I plan on beating these up pretty bad, but would like to treat the scratches as they appear.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
0c0cda76.jpg
post #25450 of 87377
Quote:
Originally Posted by kippy View Post

Do you know if the captoe will be on the Barrie or Hampton lasts? There is no description on the website.
http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens-9-eyelet-cap-toe-boot-shell-cordovan-color-4/pvc-ald-mxsbd-40726_ald_m_9_eyelet_cap_toe_boot_shell_cordovan.html

i did not ask about the last of the cap toe since the double stitch will look too similar to the Ravello MTO booot that i pre-ordered
post #25451 of 87377
Quote:
Originally Posted by kippy View Post


Do you know if the captoe will be on the Barrie or Hampton lasts? There is no description on the website.
http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens-9-eyelet-cap-toe-boot-shell-cordovan-color-4/pvc-ald-mxsbd-40726_ald_m_9_eyelet_cap_toe_boot_shell_cordovan.html


It's on the Barrie last. I called them a few days ago.

post #25452 of 87377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moocow9 View Post



It's on the Barrie last. I called them a few days ago.

thank you Mr Moocow. That works nicely for me.
post #25453 of 87377
lulz @ #4 shell captoe... leave it to Alden to sell out a line of shoes site unseen without a single picture or description
post #25454 of 87377
does this mean saturation point is reached yet ???
post #25455 of 87377
Quote:
Originally Posted by kippy View Post

Do you know if the captoe will be on the Barrie or Hampton lasts? There is no description on the website.
http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens-9-eyelet-cap-toe-boot-shell-cordovan-color-4/pvc-ald-mxsbd-40726_ald_m_9_eyelet_cap_toe_boot_shell_cordovan.html

So I'm reading the thread everything is going fine, click on the link to see the boot and no picture. Oh well might as well see what else they have while I'm here..... Bought the damn Ravello 9 Eyelet Wing Tip Boot. My wife is going to be pissed! Seriously have to stop checking these threads biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***