or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 1634

post #24496 of 87741
The natural chromexcel Self Edge boot looks a lot better than I expected in NYRanger's fit pics. Not necessarily my style but the boot does look very good. To each his own.

That brings me to the navy suede boot from Leffot - great looking boot, but I've never been a fan of the red brick sole, so I'm gonna pass. Those boots would look killer on a double waterlock sole. My navy needs are covered for now with Tassel's navy suede unlined chukka....

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #24497 of 87741
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post


You guys seem to have head on your shoulders, and while the soul may not be for the MCer who wears Aldens, these types of soles are all over SW&D (where this thread is located btw). They may be why you didn't want em, but with raw denim (it is a denim co's collab) these are SICK. You also have the option to have the sole replaced as well, and since they're at a non-shell price, would be a pretty unique custom job. The sole though in my mind is the best part of this shoe. None of my other shoes are as comfortable as these.

well rob, it's much easier and i don't buy in this sw&d versus mc rivalery.

these soles are used for "gesundheitsschuhe" in the vain of birkenstock. i only see them in retirement homes. each to his own. no worries.
post #24498 of 87741
I can appreciate this recent frenzy over blue suede, but to me it's just a bit too...

262
post #24499 of 87741
Neat factoid - the oldest known photograph of a person is of someone getting his shoes shined in 1838:

252


from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Daguerre
post #24500 of 87741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

If my Aldens are not gong to be worn for 2-3 weeks should I take the shoe trees out?

why would you do it? actually, it is recommended to have a pair of trees for every pair of shoes. trees do not cost an arm and a leg, so what's the deal?

it doesn't do any harm, if you remove them, it just makes no sense, imo.
post #24501 of 87741
I have 5 pairs of dress shoes that only get worn once a week ... i don't see the need to have each pair stuffed with shoe trees for 6 days at a time.
besides, I only use trees to draw out moisture
post #24502 of 87741
I can't wait to break out the suede shoe collection... I'm guessing three more weeks (no one bought my suede J Crew PTBs, so those will be my beater suedes)
post #24503 of 87741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

The natural chromexcel Self Edge boot looks a lot better than I expected in NYRanger's fit pics. Not necessarily my style but the boot does look very good. To each his own.
That brings me to the navy suede boot from Leffot - great looking boot, but I've never been a fan of the red brick sole, so I'm gonna pass. Those boots would look killer on a double waterlock sole. My navy needs are covered for now with Tassel's navy suede unlined chukka....


Seeing as you are from NY as well I would suggest seeing these in person if you haven't already. The red brick sole is very subtle. I feel that the contast stitching on the toe as well as the midnight navy color is what pops on this boot. What I I would like to do is get some laces that match the contrast stitching. However, I don't think you can ever have eneogh "Midnight" blue shoes. And one of these days I am sure I will run into you at Leffot.

 

post #24504 of 87741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwaker View Post

I have 5 pairs of dress shoes that only get worn once a week ... i don't see the need to have each pair stuffed with shoe trees for 6 days at a time.
besides, I only use trees to draw out moisture

Trees also help shoes retain their shape. Best to have a pair of trees for each pair of shoes...
post #24505 of 87741
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

Why take out shoe trees? They're made to remain in the shoes when there is not a foot in them.

Because we're not talking about lasted trees so, for me at least, the fit isn't perfect. If they were lasted I'd keep them in whenever they weren't on my feet. My unlined shell LHS in particular develops a crease from a pair of properly sized Alden trees.
post #24506 of 87741

IMAG0094.jpgIMAG0092.jpg

 

Just got my new Chromexcel Tanker boot from Leather Soul today. Sorry for cell phone pics camera is M.I.A.

post #24507 of 87741
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFNY5 View Post

Glad to see there has been some fellow "Blue Suede Shoe" loving going on!!! These are "Midnight" beauties!!

IMG_2140.jpg

 

IMG_2141.jpg

IMG_2142.jpg


Spectacular! Enjoy wearing them & thanks for sharing.
post #24508 of 87741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

If my Aldens are not gong to be worn for 2-3 weeks should I take the shoe trees out?

No, leave them in the shoe trees unless you're wearing them.
post #24509 of 87741
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

I can appreciate this recent frenzy over blue suede, but to me it's just a bit too...
262

THATS THE POINT
post #24510 of 87741
Thrifted these today:

467


Leather Soul version for comparison:

232
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***