or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 1344

post #20146 of 86681

Guys, please answer my question I posted above.

 

Christmas is a bad day this year for me, I think. :(

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #20147 of 86681
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxusone View Post

Hello guys,

I bought a monkstrap cordovan in #8 used from eBay.

It has some strange fields which make me worried.

The creases aren't looking like cordovan, it looks cracked.


I did the macmethod on the shoe but no shine comes out, on the other shoe(right one) the shine came out nicely.

350x465px-LL-651da086_IMG_20111224_170058.jpeg




Probably the only thing left to try is a deer bone.
post #20148 of 86681
the picture doesnt show anything unusual.
post #20149 of 86681
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

the picture doesnt show anything unusual.


I mean the look of the creases, in my opinion it looks like little cracks, doesn't it?

 

If you say, everything is ok, then what can be the reason for the fact that no shine is possible to make?

post #20150 of 86681
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

My pics:

196

468

469

A calfskin boot may be just as nice. I just happen to have (had :/) shell cordovan. Point is flat welt, sleek last (Plaza, Grant, Aberdeen), and eyelets make for a very versatile boot

Namor, did you go tts on these or same as barrie? I am considering a similar pair on the grant last.
post #20151 of 86681

MERRY CHRISTMAS !IMG_1464.jpg

post #20152 of 86681
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

What should I expect putting him in boots that aren't Aldens...
IMG_1560.jpg
IMG_1558.jpg
Merry Christmas fellas!

Great pic, pants, shoes, beard, kid, etc. Merry Christmas!
post #20153 of 86681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeem View Post

Namor, did you go tts on these or same as barrie? I am considering a similar pair on the grant last.

i sized down a half size, so yeah same as Barrie

TTS 12D
Grant 11.5D
Barrie 11.5C
Trubalance 11.5C
post #20154 of 86681
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

What should I expect putting him in boots that aren't Aldens...
IMG_1560.jpg
IMG_1558.jpg
Merry Christmas fellas!



You are one seriously sharp dresser - and Yes Merry Christ's Mass and Happy Holy Days to all...

post #20155 of 86681
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

the picture doesnt show anything unusual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxusone View Post



I mean the look of the creases, in my opinion it looks like little cracks, doesn't it?

If you say, everything is ok, then what can be the reason for the fact that no shine is possible to make?

I am with Namor, I don't see anything wrong wtih your shell. What I would do is keep working the Mac method, but also add a touch of cordovan cream. Personally, I like the AE cream better, but I think either will work just fine. i would only use the smallest amount and apply it with my finger so that I know I am using just a touch.
post #20156 of 86681
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxusone View Post



I mean the look of the creases, in my opinion it looks like little cracks, doesn't it?

 

If you say, everything is ok, then what can be the reason for the fact that no shine is possible to make?



I think that what you're calling "cracking" is just the buildup of the cordovan oils in the folds. Brushing, cleaner, etc. should remove it.

 

For the record, I have the same issue of one shoe shining up nicely and the other staying dull with a pair I got off of ebay. I figure I'll just keep brushing them and hope for the best, but they're awesome even partially shined.

post #20157 of 86681
birthday gift for myself, absolutely love them

AvvYX.jpg
Edited by Trinitrogen Oxide - 12/24/11 at 5:02pm
post #20158 of 86681

Ok, I hope you're right guys. THat must be a massive buildup of something, I will keep brushing it everyday from now .

 

What will happen when I use AE Black Cordovan Cream on the #8 color?

 

Merry Christmas :D

post #20159 of 86681
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

its just an expression. I didnt even need to know what shell color or what last because I was in love with them as soon as I laid eyes on them

I appreciate your explaination
post #20160 of 86681
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFNY5 View Post

MERRY CHRISTMAS !350x469px-LL-48a7aca6_IMG_1464.jpeg

very nice
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***