or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 1344

post #20146 of 91398
2irrf3r.jpg
cigar, lhs
argyles otc

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #20147 of 91398
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxusone View Post

Ok, I hope you're right guys. THat must be a massive buildup of something, I will keep brushing it everyday from now .

 

What will happen when I use AE Black Cordovan Cream on the #8 color?

 

Merry Christmas :D


It will darken the shoe... I occasionally use black paste wax on my #8s

I would recommend you use Saphir Reno first... Your shoes just look a bit dry
post #20148 of 91398
Ok, I will buy Saphir Reno and the AE Burgundy cordovan cream on tuesday...shops are closed for two days ..

I hope it works...
post #20149 of 91398
Doublepost sorry
post #20150 of 91398

Go big or go home. ALWAYS get the ones you really want. They last a lifetime. So, who cares what they cost. Irrelevant. Do your research on how the diff lasts fit and try them on with the sock or socks you plan to wear. Also, Mac Break In method sounds right on. I think  I have been doing that for years now and did not realize it had a name. Thanks, MAC! . I focus on evening time because my feet feel most swollen at night. It makes my wife crazy how OCD i am about getting the right fit. Those boots are awesome, btw. 

post #20151 of 91398


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxusone View Post

Ok, I will buy Saphir Reno and the AE Burgundy cordovan cream on tuesday...shops are closed for two days ..

I hope it works...


 

Good thoughts- I would do the same.  Start with Reno, brush then buff with a rag, I'd do 2 coats of it then see how it is. Then use burgundy AE cordo polish. The AE stuff tends to leave a top coat finish, not get absorbed as much.  

post #20152 of 91398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atcmg8803 View Post

Go big or go home. ALWAYS get the ones you really want. They last a lifetime. So, who cares what they cost. Irrelevant. Do your research on how the diff lasts fit and try them on with the sock or socks you plan to wear. Also, Mac Break In method sounds right on. I think  I have been doing that for years now and did not realize it had a name. Thanks, MAC! . I focus on evening time because my feet feel most swollen at night. It makes my wife crazy how OCD i am about getting the right fit. Those boots are awesome, btw. 



Love you man! I totally feel that way about nearly everything that I buy. I was just shopping for my first pair of Aldens and wasn't sure if I wanted Indy's, Tanker/NST's, or a plain to blucher. I bought the Indy's in #8 shell with commando sole. The next day I bought the NST in #8 shell with commando sole. I'm now considering the plain toe blucher, just can't decide on the color yet!

post #20153 of 91398
Exceptionally beautiful.biggrin.gif:D
post #20154 of 91398
Love these loafers. smile.gif
post #20155 of 91398
Love these loafers. smile.gif
post #20156 of 91398


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFNY5 View Post

MERRY CHRISTMAS !IMG_1464.jpg



 



Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post


very nice


 



Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

2irrf3r.jpg
cigar, lhs
argyles otc


Thank you very much Mac ! Yours are stellar as well !! Impeccable !!

 

post #20157 of 91398

I think the last picture didnt show the "problem" enough, so I uploaded two new pictures.

 

I just wanna be sure, that my shoes are not cracked and I can fix the problem with brushing,Saphir Reno and the AE cream.

 

 

Thank you guys!

 

 

IMG_20111224_170106.jpg

IMG_20111224_170120.jpg

 

 

 

post #20158 of 91398
It's really difficult to tell from those pictures what's going on but I'm guessing all you're seeing is a buildup of dirt and wax.
Don't use too much product when you brush and buff them.
post #20159 of 91398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.K View Post

Rob,
That is an awesome picture. Love the pants. I wish I could justify a pair.

I wear them twice a year, ALWAYS. To me its worth it, once you have a pair like this that you love, you'll understand. Having said that, I only had them on for 20 minutes yesterday. My mom did a miserable job of packing the antipast, and when i was carrying it to the car all the oil spilled all down the right leg and the right side of my jacket. Thankfully, near her house on SI is the best dry cleaners in NYC in my opinion, and they were open for another half hour, so I rushed over there, gave him my pants and jacket, told him what it was, and heard, "Don't worry, not a problem, you'll have them good as new by Friday!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by g.michael View Post

Great pic, pants, shoes, beard, kid, etc. Merry Christmas!

Thanks, beard has been modified...kid was actually upset at the boots. He doesn't like anything on his ankles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seer View Post

You are one seriously sharp dresser - and Yes Merry Christ's Mass and Happy Holy Days to all...

Thanks seer.
post #20160 of 91398
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

It's really difficult to tell from those pictures what's going on but I'm guessing all you're seeing is a buildup of dirt and wax.
Don't use too much product when you brush and buff them.


But are you with the other guys opinion of using Saphir Reno and the AE cream?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***