or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 1339

post #20071 of 96880
Pastor, these aren't much different in color to the ones you have...maybe yours are a touch lighter. I got these last year when Leffot had them, and yes, they are 9b/d. I took a chance on the E width you took from me as the b/d on some barrie shoes fits, but fits snug.
post #20072 of 96880
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

You guess that one?
Ravello LWB today
IMG_1451.jpg

yessir.
post #20073 of 96880
I have the opprotunity to get good deal on a pair of Alden shell saddle shoes in color number 8 like these
http://www.theshoemart.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=ALD_m_TRADITIONAL_SADDLE_SHELL_CORDOVAN

but I'm having trouble visualizing what sorts of outfits would work with it. Any thoughts or suggestions?
post #20074 of 96880
I would wear those once a month
post #20075 of 96880
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

Pastor, these aren't much different in color to the ones you have...maybe yours are a touch lighter. I got these last year when Leffot had them, and yes, they are 9b/d. I took a chance on the E width you took from me as the b/d on some barrie shoes fits, but fits snug.

Cool deal. I'm still amazed at the different color tones of Ravello. I'm in the same boat as you with fit. A 9D in the Barrie is a little tight and a 9E in the Barrie is a little loose. My best fitting aldens are a pair of the 9.5 D Epaulet Sand Suede LWB on the Leydon last. I wish Alden made more shoes on that last.
post #20076 of 96880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinitrogen Oxide View Post

I have the opprotunity to get good deal on a pair of Alden shell saddle shoes in color number 8 like these
http://www.theshoemart.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=ALD_m_TRADITIONAL_SADDLE_SHELL_CORDOVAN
but I'm having trouble visualizing what sorts of outfits would work with it. Any thoughts or suggestions?

I've looked at those shoes and would wear them more with dress clothes as opposed to casual outings. They are good looking shoes.
post #20077 of 96880
J.Gilbert "Plaza" last

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
post #20078 of 96880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinitrogen Oxide View Post

I have the opprotunity to get good deal on a pair of Alden shell saddle shoes in color number 8 like these
http://www.theshoemart.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=ALD_m_TRADITIONAL_SADDLE_SHELL_CORDOVAN

but I'm having trouble visualizing what sorts of outfits would work with it. Any thoughts or suggestions?

The closed lacing makes it dressier. Suits, wool trousers with blazer or sweater, etc.
post #20079 of 96880
Quote:
Originally Posted by applky View Post



The blue suede tassels are excellent.

I ordered the chukka. It's hard to find the suede chukka in barrie... It's hard to find the suede chukka in navy... so that combo is almost a unicorn shoe. It'll also be good to start a relationship with the Tassels store.

Casual Fridays in April with light grey wool pants, navy chukka, navy blazer and a checked shirt sound great
post #20080 of 96880

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

J.Gilbert "Plaza" last

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos


Did you have that top eyelet put in on your own?

post #20081 of 96880
which shoe trees are you guys using?

I can't get my nordstrom shoe trees into my plain toe boots from Jcrew.

I had another woodlore shoe tree that fit it though but it was a tagged bigger size...
post #20082 of 96880
Quote:
Originally Posted by applky View Post




Did you have that top eyelet put in on your own?

I am assuming he did as I have the same boot w/o the top eyelet...hmmm

Namor, where did you get your shoe laces?
post #20083 of 96880
1znblmw.jpg
cigar cap toe
argyles otc
post #20084 of 96880

Howdy folks. I just bought my first pair of Alden's: Shell Cordovan #8 Indy Boots with commando soles. I'm very excited to start wearing them. I'd like to ask about this break-in method that I keep hearing about. I'd also like to ask about taking care of them--I already have a pair of shoe trees. Shoe I put taps on these soles? I would imagine not. Thank you.

post #20085 of 96880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie Rog View Post

Howdy folks. I just bought my first pair of Alden's: Shell Cordovan #8 Indy Boots with commando soles. I'm very excited to start wearing them. I'd like to ask about this break-in method that I keep hearing about. I'd also like to ask about taking care of them--I already have a pair of shoe trees. Shoe I put taps on these soles? I would imagine not. Thank you.

Taps on a commando sole? is that even possible? I'd pass on that if I were you.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***