or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 1325

post #19861 of 99288
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFNY5 View Post



I put a Spenco insole in almost all my shoes and boots. I have bad heels from too much hoops and always found these to work great.

Any particular model works best for boots 1 size too big?
post #19862 of 99288
Just wanted to share my New Longwings from Jcrew.... the leather is so soft and ubber comfy....

photo3-4.jpg
photo2-4.jpg
photo1-3.jpg
post #19863 of 99288
just went to leffot for the first time.

wish my apt could smell like that
post #19864 of 99288
Quote:
Originally Posted by scb View Post

just went to leffot for the first time.
wish my apt could smell like that


I hope you didnt leave empty handed!!

post #19865 of 99288
I did...for now

Any Aldens he has that I want usually aren't stocked in widths wider than D, so I my selection is limited in those. I tried on some Danner and Viberg boots, though. Might get the Danners

I did see a ravello cap toe on display, so there's at least 1 more pair left in those
post #19866 of 99288
Quote:
Originally Posted by scb View Post

I did...for now
Any Aldens he has that I want usually aren't stocked in widths wider than D, so I my selection is limited in those. I tried on some Danner and Viberg boots, though. Might get the Danners
I did see a ravello cap toe on display, so there's at least 1 more pair left in those

ravello cap toe....? I was just there and saw no such shoe/boot. can you elaborate?
post #19867 of 99288
unless my eyes were playing tricks on me, I thought I saw one of these still display:

http://leffot.com/2011/09/29/alden-x-leffot-day-tripper-boot/

looked too light for cigar. then again, maybe it was one of the lighter cigars since some cigars are VERY dark now and I just thought it was ravello by comparison (my cigar lw look almost black they're so dark)
post #19868 of 99288
X post from Epaulet thread: Calf Shortwing from Blackbird.
234
post #19869 of 99288
Quote:
Originally Posted by scb View Post

unless my eyes were playing tricks on me, I thought I saw one of these still display:
http://leffot.com/2011/09/29/alden-x-leffot-day-tripper-boot/
looked too light for cigar. then again, maybe it was one of the lighter cigars since some cigars are VERY dark now and I just thought it was ravello by comparison (my cigar lw look almost black they're so dark)

hmmm interesting. the only shell cap toe i remember as of saturday was a black perf cap toe boot, but there could be a new jam there now! i'll stay tuned to the blog...
post #19870 of 99288


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitchottie View Post

Just wanted to share my New Longwings from Jcrew.... the leather is so soft and ubber comfy....
photo3-4.jpg
photo2-4.jpg
photo1-3.jpg


Nice solid, good looking, useful shoe!

 

post #19871 of 99288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

The #8 longwing is a critical part of any Alden collection

I have not added this to mine...been hanging on to my "#8" vintage Hanover LWB, a little more red than Alden's #8. The Leffot makeup is AWESOME! I think my next pair will be the Alden #8, will swap out the sole for the Leffot style.
post #19872 of 99288
Reserved my JC Indy Boots in Cigar from Leffot. Word is they are due in any day, give them a call only a few sizes left. Looking forward to my first pair of Alden cigars.
post #19873 of 99288
Gentleman,

maybe i am wrong - aren't these Leffot #4 Atoms?

http://www.ebay.de/itm/ALDEN-Brown-Leather-Longwing-Shoes-/380394463182?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item589146dfce

unfortunately 1 size to small
cheerio
Edited by terradilavoro - 12/19/11 at 3:37pm
post #19874 of 99288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post

Reserved my JC Indy Boots in Cigar from Leffot. Word is they are due in any day, give them a call only a few sizes left. Looking forward to my first pair of Alden cigars.

How much are the cigar indys going for?
post #19875 of 99288
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitchottie View Post

How much are the cigar indys going for?

$710

Cigar always goes for more. Word is new cigar orders are a year out and with Aldens pending price increase I'd guess that will jump up at least $50-$100.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***