or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 1286

post #19276 of 87991
Thanks for the feedback everyone, these are going back as soon I get a shipping label!

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #19277 of 87991
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclesam099 View Post

I'm having second thoughts about my #8 chukkas. I put them on this morning and either the way the style fits or inconsistency in sizing, but I feel like it was far too big and just doesn't feel right! Should I try to lace them a little tighter? Thicker socks? Or just unload them (brand new, only worn on carpet, not creased - "break-in procedure" only) and get a cigar dress shoe instead?

can you return them? sounds like you should
post #19278 of 87991
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanC View Post

I hope Tom doesn't mind a potentially premature release on these, but I believe these will be available in store today. I pre-ordered them in my (impossible to get otherwise narrow) size around 18 months ago.
263 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
467
263
263
263

Holy shit, these are beautiful. Cigar? Fuck, I wish I was more liquid right now.
post #19279 of 87991
Details on those?
post #19280 of 87991
^Those look really nice...a lot like the C&J for Polo Lindrick boot
post #19281 of 87991
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeassp View Post

Details on those?

What's the point? You know they're probably already gone. nest.gif
post #19282 of 87991
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclesam099 View Post

I'm having second thoughts about my #8 chukkas. I put them on this morning and either the way the style fits or inconsistency in sizing, but I feel like it was far too big and just doesn't feel right! Should I try to lace them a little tighter? Thicker socks? Or just unload them (brand new, only worn on carpet, not creased - "break-in procedure" only) and get a cigar dress shoe instead?

If they don't feel good, definitely return them. I assume you are talking about 1339s? Since those are unlined they will fit even more generously than a lined Barrie last shoe, and you might need to size down to get a good fit.
post #19283 of 87991
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropics View Post

can you return them? sounds like you should

I got them from J. Crew during a sale - it'd be criminal to return them and not pass the savings along to someone else on the forum. Size 11.5D. Interest?
post #19284 of 87991
hello all,

just received a pre-order delivery confirmation from yenni at jgilbert. i also asked her what she would have available for next year. here is what she wrote back in case anyone would like to get in on any pre-orders for the upcoming new year:

Here are the Alden 2012 Program for J. Gilbert. Let me know if you have any questions.



> ***You can add your size to any of the orders for Spring 2012 and

> Fall/Winter 2012.



> SPRING 2012

> Snuff Suede Wing Tip Boot (barrie last with commando sole)

> Navy suede Cap toe boot (plaza last with crepe sole)

> Navy Suede Plain toe blucher (plaza last with single oiled flex sole)

> Snuff suede wing tip blucher (plaza last with single oiled flex sole)

> Black Shell Cordovan Medallion toe boot (plaza last with commando sole)

> Shell Cordovan Saddle shoe- black shell & color 8 (barrie last)





> Fall/Winter 2012

> Color 8 Plain toe boot, plaza last with commando sole (re-order)

> Color 8 Indy boot, trubalance last with commando sole (re-order)

> Tan Wing Tip boot, barrie last with commando sole (re-order)

> Color 8 Cap toe boot, plaza last with commando sole (re-order)

> Color 8 Wing Tip boot, plaza last with commando sole (re-order)

> Reversed Chamois Indy boot, trubalance last with crepe sole

> Black Shell Cordovan Medallion toe blucher, plaza last with single oiled

> flex sole (in color 8 as well)

> Color 8 Plain toe blucher, barrie last with waterloc sole

> Color 8 Medallion toe boot, plaza last with commando sole (no wing design)

> Color 8 Norwegian front boot, plaza last with commando sole

> Cigar Indy boot, trubalance last with commando sole (waiting on leather)
post #19285 of 87991
Quote:
Originally Posted by natesjuice View Post

hello all,
just received a pre-order delivery confirmation from yenni at jgilbert. i also asked her what she would have available for next year. here is what she wrote back in case anyone would like to get in on any pre-orders for the upcoming new year:
Here are the Alden 2012 Program for J. Gilbert. Let me know if you have any questions.
> ***You can add your size to any of the orders for Spring 2012 and
> Fall/Winter 2012.
> SPRING 2012
> Snuff Suede Wing Tip Boot (barrie last with commando sole)
> Navy suede Cap toe boot (plaza last with crepe sole)
> Navy Suede Plain toe blucher (plaza last with single oiled flex sole)
> Snuff suede wing tip blucher (plaza last with single oiled flex sole)
> Black Shell Cordovan Medallion toe boot (plaza last with commando sole)
> Shell Cordovan Saddle shoe- black shell & color 8 (barrie last)
> Fall/Winter 2012
> Color 8 Plain toe boot, plaza last with commando sole (re-order)
> Color 8 Indy boot, trubalance last with commando sole (re-order)
> Tan Wing Tip boot, barrie last with commando sole (re-order)
> Color 8 Cap toe boot, plaza last with commando sole (re-order)
> Color 8 Wing Tip boot, plaza last with commando sole (re-order)
> Reversed Chamois Indy boot, trubalance last with crepe sole
> Black Shell Cordovan Medallion toe blucher, plaza last with single oiled
> flex sole (in color 8 as well)
> Color 8 Plain toe blucher, barrie last with waterloc sole
> Color 8 Medallion toe boot, plaza last with commando sole (no wing design)
> Color 8 Norwegian front boot, plaza last with commando sole
> Cigar Indy boot, trubalance last with commando sole (waiting on leather)

Navy suede Cap toe boot (plaza last with crepe sole) -- Damn it...That would be perfect on commando. For me, crepe would ruin the look. Otherwise that is a perfect look. Shame.
post #19286 of 87991
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanC View Post

I hope Tom doesn't mind a potentially premature release on these, but I believe these will be available in store today. I pre-ordered them in my (impossible to get otherwise narrow) size around 18 months ago.
263 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
467

nephew,
well worth the wait, enjoy wearing
post #19287 of 87991
PM Sent!
post #19288 of 87991
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanC View Post

I hope Tom doesn't mind a potentially premature release on these, but I believe these will be available in store today. I pre-ordered them in my (impossible to get otherwise narrow) size around 18 months ago.

263
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
467

263

263

263

Very nice! I'm sure Tom will cut you some slack, after all you did design your own great looking boot for LS. Enjoy wearing them.
post #19289 of 87991
new Seven Hills Indy Boot make up from Need Supply. Never heard of these guys before.

http://needsupply.com/mens/brands/alden/seven-hills-indy-boot.html

438438438
post #19290 of 87991
^Thanks. I saw he had posted partial shots as a tease on his blog, so I figure he'll be okay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeassp View Post

Details on those?

Cigar shell wingtip boots on the Plaza last
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***