or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 1170

post #17536 of 98641
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbrown View Post

I second this. I have not been able to find my "happy size" in the Aberdeen last. 10.5D is too tight around the instep. 10E is almost right, but my fourth toe touches the front of the toe box. 10.5E is a bit loose all around but probably the best I can do. 10D on the Barrie last feels perfect, however.
Everyone's foot is different, however. So YMMV, as always. Just remember that internet sizing advice is worth exactly as much as you paid for it.

This. I personally never purchased anything on the aberdeen last because I was never satisfied with the way it fit my foot. FWIW, I have no issues with RL darltons.
post #17537 of 98641
Quote:
Originally Posted by number9dream View Post

Yes. I sent my captoe boots in for recraft in June and got them back 2 weeks ago relasted to a C width from the original D width.

Good to know, thanks! Another question, and I'm guessing the answer to this is probably no, but if anyone had any experience with this I'd appreciate it:

Will Alden resole the shoes to a width that is not normally offered for that specific shoe? For example, If I have a #8 LWB in a C width and I want it changed to a B, will they do that? All of their LWBs that I've seen on the Barrie last are only C, D, or E width...I've never seen a B.
post #17538 of 98641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinosarti View Post

Day tripping....
6259625764_2960a61eab.jpg

The Leffot pictures make the shoes seem so much "red" than it actually appears I'm guessing? Or is it the characteristics of Ravello?
Anyhow, great looking boots.
post #17539 of 98641
Quote:
Originally Posted by uninkco View Post

The Leffot pictures make the shoes seem so much "red" than it actually appears I'm guessing? Or is it the characteristics of Ravello?
Anyhow, great looking boots.

Ugh, I wish I was around for the preorder last year. I so would've kopped this boot.
post #17540 of 98641
I'm starting to understand why people dislike speedhooks. All my boots that don't have speedhooks have a nicer fit around the ankle.
post #17541 of 98641
Quote:
Originally Posted by uninkco View Post

The Leffot pictures make the shoes seem so much "red" than it actually appears I'm guessing? Or is it the characteristics of Ravello?
Anyhow, great looking boots.

Ravello can look pretty red, so much so that I find that it limits what I can wear it with. For example, I have ravello plain toes that I often wear with suits, but I find that I don't like wearing it with any color shirt or tie that clashes with red (purple, for instance). When that happens I find myself reaching for my Polo/C&J dark brown cordovans.
post #17542 of 98641
dqge4p.jpg
color 8 nst saddle
argyles otc
post #17543 of 98641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Ravello can look pretty red, so much so that I find that it limits what I can wear it with. For example, I have ravello plain toes that I often wear with suits, but I find that I don't like wearing it with any color shirt or tie that clashes with red (purple, for instance). When that happens I find myself reaching for my Polo/C&J dark brown cordovans.

Wait, purple clashes with red?
post #17544 of 98641
Speedhooks are great when you're wearing jeans, but they tear up my trousers every time.
post #17545 of 98641
CHRK33,

Is it too late to get in on the whiskey wing tip boots?

Thanks,

Keith
post #17546 of 98641
just copped the j.crew perf cap toe cordo boots off their ebay site for 425. super stoked. will post pics upon arrival and of my all but certain b nelson antique welt/edgetriming and commando re sole. my winter boot has arrived!
post #17547 of 98641

There's a JCrew ebay store?

post #17548 of 98641
I'll be in NYC for the weekend and will be stopping by Leffot and probably the Madison Ave store, hoping to find either some chukkas or ptbs. Am I correct in thinking that I'll have the best shot at finding something at one of these two places? I'm assuming that the Madison Ave store will have the best variety of sizes (I'm interested in trying a barrie in a C as the D width is too loose in the heel).
post #17549 of 98641
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr chorizo View Post

just copped the j.crew perf cap toe cordo boots off their ebay site for 425. super stoked. will post pics upon arrival and of my all but certain b nelson antique welt/edgetriming and commando re sole. my winter boot has arrived!

link?
post #17550 of 98641
You should also try Citishoes on Park Avenue. They have a fairly large selection and good sizing. I walked in one day and walked out with whiskey longwings in 9.5E that they had in stock. Not an easy find.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***