or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 1112

post #16666 of 98835
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbernie View Post

What are people's thoughts on speed hooks? I'm thinking of getting boots without them ( I so far only own LWBs and PTBs) since I think they look clunky, but I was wonder how you guys felt about them/ if it's going to be too much of a pain to lace them every time. Also, is it possible to get speed hooks removed if I try and don't like them?
Not a huge fan but they are easier to put on and take off. My boots without speed hooks get less wear.....because I am usually running late and it takes just slightly longer to lace. Here are my problems with speed laces:

Looks
They eat laces
They bend
They snag on trousers
They can rip off

I REALLY wish that Alden would switch to the speedlace system from the Army:

434
post #16667 of 98835
Today:

491

Love those things. I think they are on the Grant last, and fit perfectly. I have another pair of shoes on the Grant last which go from fitting perfectly to being a little too tight in the toe box on the left shoe. ODD.
post #16668 of 98835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahab View Post

Not a huge fan but they are easier to put on and take off. My boots without speed hooks get less wear.....because I am usually running late and it takes just slightly longer to lace. Here are my problems with speed laces:
Looks
They eat laces
They bend
They snag on trousers
They can rip off
I REALLY wish that Alden would switch to the speedlace system from the Army:
434

Just wake up earlier.
post #16669 of 98835
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithp3521 View Post

Just wake up earlier.
Those army speed laces are awesome. I know the boot is ugly but the speed lacing is great,

But I am getting used to the classic lacing on boots anyway.

233233233233233

Fromthe seconds list:
350
post #16670 of 98835
Quote:
Originally Posted by interlockingny View Post

I'm not sure which dealer that is but I believe it is 'Kudu' and not 'Kuda'. That may help you in your search.

pretty sure there is something just like it on the shoe mart seconds list this month
post #16671 of 98835
"pikcha me rollin'"


468
post #16672 of 98835

Could someone please pm me the shoemart list for 12-12 1/2?  It would be greatly appreciated.

post #16673 of 98835
How many of you guys actually buy Alden 2nds on a regular basis? I'm asking because I will see something nice every now and then. But I see the price is only discounted around $150-200 or so, and in my mind, I would rather spend the extra money on a pair that I truly want.

I'd see something like suede Chukkas at $XXX.XX, I'm tempted...but at retail, it wouldn't even cross my mind.
post #16674 of 98835
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

How many of you guys actually buy Alden 2nds on a regular basis? I'm asking because I will see something nice every now and then. But I see the price is only discounted around $150-200 or so, and in my mind, I would rather spend the extra money on a pair that I truly want.

I'd see something like suede Chukkas at $XXX.XX, I'm tempted...but at retail, it wouldn't even cross my mind.

im in the same boat every time ... i cant pull the trigger on a pair
post #16675 of 98835
Quote:
Originally Posted by bah0916 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by interlockingny View Post

I'm not sure which dealer that is but I believe it is 'Kudu' and not 'Kuda'. That may help you in your search.

pretty sure there is something just like it on the shoe mart seconds list this month

That's correct. It's part of the quirkiness of the seconds list-- misspelled words and incorrect last listings. For the most part the lasts listings are correct, but I have noticed quite a few shoes listed incorrectly,particularly on the shoes that are unique makeups for other Alden sellers. Apparently the shoes aren't the only thing that should be considered seconds biggrin.gif
post #16676 of 98835
Wear your damn boots.
233
post #16677 of 98835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahab View Post


Those army speed laces are awesome. I know the boot is ugly but the speed lacing is great,
But I am getting used to the classic lacing on boots anyway.
233233233233233
Fromthe seconds list:
350


Hello,

 

What shop are these indy boots & buluchers sold in ?

Please teach the details of the shop.
 

 

post #16678 of 98835
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post

im in the same boat every time ... i cant pull the trigger on a pair
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

How many of you guys actually buy Alden 2nds on a regular basis? I'm asking because I will see something nice every now and then. But I see the price is only discounted around $150-200 or so, and in my mind, I would rather spend the extra money on a pair that I truly want.
I'd see something like suede Chukkas at $XXX.XX, I'm tempted...but at retail, it wouldn't even cross my mind.

same same with me - i would be lucky to catch a pair from the 2nd list - even with the discount prices it must satisfy my taste/size......like the Whisky Shortwing SF Edition

cheerio Joachim
post #16679 of 98835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroyuki View Post

Hello,

 

What shop are these indy boots & buluchers sold in ?

Please teach the details of the shop. 

 


These pics are from the menswear fashion fair Pitti Immagine Uomo in Florence 2011.
I am really curious to see them in real

Cheerio
Edited by terradilavoro - 10/6/11 at 1:45am
post #16680 of 98835
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

How many of you guys actually buy Alden 2nds on a regular basis? I'm asking because I will see something nice every now and then. But I see the price is only discounted around $150-200 or so, and in my mind, I would rather spend the extra money on a pair that I truly want.
I'd see something like suede Chukkas at $XXX.XX, I'm tempted...but at retail, it wouldn't even cross my mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post

im in the same boat every time ... i cant pull the trigger on a pair
I think it is important to get exactly what you want. I purchased a pair of whiskey wintips and NEVER wore them, because I wanted a whiskey longwing. I finally traded them in for a pair of ravello longwings and was very lucky yo pick up a pair of whiskey longwings from the seconds list. It is kind of interesting because it looks like the whiskey longwings were firsts which someone may have worn a couple of times or just creased. When I got them they had a topy, but I liked that. Here is a picture:

335

I have a few seconds:

Whiskey Longwings - Wanted, was a great deal and I am very happy

Snuff Suede plain toe boots w/crepe sole - Was not on my list. Noticed some flaws but nothing that effects the overall boot. Wear them and like them. Allowed me to try a crepe sole, which I will probably avoid in the future.

#8 Shell Cap toe boot on modified last without speed laces - Was not on my list. Allowed me to try modified last and a boot without speed laces. There are some leather flaws but I am going to wear the heck out of them and let them get some nice patina anyway. Glad I got them.

White suede PTB as second and White Suede Saddle Shoe at DEEP discount - Not on my list but interest was rising at the time. I am happy I have both of these shoes. I have been wearing the saddle shoes and seeing how they work out. I have tried them sockless. Fun shoe to experiment with. Glad I got a pair. DO NOT NEED TWO! lol8[1].gif

For seconds and rare shell I am a little more cautious then I used to be. I will not buy something that is not exactly what I want now. Despite the hype the rare shell stuff does come around and there is a fair amount of selection. Price is not an issue but closet space and rotation are. If I get a shoe and never wear it then it is taking up closet space or even worse I will buy the shoe I really wanted and that shoe will get little to no wear.

Do not settle!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***