or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 1109

post #16621 of 98649
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post


thumbs-up.gif

 

This means that NAMOR will purchase the boots for you.

 

;)

post #16622 of 98649
Thread Starter 
Those boots on the barrie with brogued cap and pull tab would be so good.
post #16623 of 98649
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post

 

This means that NAMOR will purchase the boots for you.

 

wink.gif


snork[1].gif
post #16624 of 98649
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterInjax View Post

Ravello cap toe boots on the grant last arrived today. My photos do not do them justice
263263263

Just got mine. They're great but don't fit quite right. I have them in 9D NIB (no creases, no defects) for anyone interested...... Just looking to get back what I paid.
post #16625 of 98649
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybrowne View Post

Just got mine. They're great but don't fit quite right. I have them in 9D NIB (no creases) for anyone interested......

do they feel tight across the vamp? just asking because I had a similar issue with a Grant lasted boot but it fine after the break in

btw, would kop in 11. 5
post #16626 of 98649
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

do they feel tight across the vamp? just asking because I had a similar issue with a Grant lasted boot but it fine after the break in
btw, would kop in 11. 5

Yes! Exactly. Maybe I'm just used to Barries, but they just don't feel wide enough. Shame because they are really nice boots.
post #16627 of 98649
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybrowne View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

do they feel tight across the vamp? just asking because I had a similar issue with a Grant lasted boot but it fine after the break in
btw, would kop in 11. 5

Yes! Exactly. Maybe I'm just used to Barries, but they just don't feel wide enough. Shame because they are really nice boots.

I'm a 8.5d on the Barrie so when I got my 9d cigar captoe boots on the grant last it took me several wears to get use to the narrower toe box. Now they're fine.
post #16628 of 98649
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagsun View Post

I'm a 8.5d on the Barrie so when I got my 9d cigar captoe boots on the grant last it took me several wears to get use to the narrower toe box. Now they're fine.

So you sized up? I was told that Barrie ~ Grant. Not true?
post #16629 of 98649
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybrowne View Post

So you sized up? I was told that Barrie ~ Grant. Not true?

I've heard both Grant is TTS and also it's similar to Barrie. No real consensus. I took a flyer on sizing up because I saw the boots on B&S so took a chance.
post #16630 of 98649
That doesn't add up. In my experience, one must size down half a size in the Barrie.

The Grant has a narrower toe box, which means some people size up in order to make it fit their foot better, but really this seems like a case of the last not being the best fit for one's foot.
post #16631 of 98649
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

That doesn't add up. In my experience, one must size down half a size in the Barrie.
The Grant has a narrower toe box, which means some people size up in order to make it fit their foot better, but really this seems like a case of the last not being the best fit for one's foot.

perhaps but TTS Grant was too big. half size down was a tad bit tight but loosened up perfectly after a few wears
post #16632 of 98649
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

That doesn't add up. In my experience, one must size down half a size in the Barrie.

The Grant has a narrower toe box, which means some people size up in order to make it fit their foot better, but really this seems like a case of the last not being the best fit for one's foot.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. You are correct in my case. I size down 1/2 size for my Barrie last shoes and wear a 8.5d. I wear the grant in 9d which I guess is TTS for me.
post #16633 of 98649
Can anyone help me out here? I am looking to buy an Alden boot on the Barrie last but I am not sure what size to get. I wear an 8.5d in the Wolverine 1000 mile boot. Is it safe to assume that I am the same size on the Alden barrie last? ANy help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
post #16634 of 98649
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessetk313 View Post

Can anyone help me out here? I am looking to buy an Alden boot on the Barrie last but I am not sure what size to get. I wear an 8.5d in the Wolverine 1000 mile boot. Is it safe to assume that I am the same size on the Alden barrie last? ANy help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
post #16635 of 98649
Anybody care to PM me the list for 11.5-12?

I signed up for the list months ago but you know how that goes. And this would be the day of all days that I went the whole day without reading this thread. facepalm.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***