or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 906

post #13576 of 98971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellionheart View Post
I was advised to half size up from my Trubalance size for the Leydon and Plaza lasts.

That seems reasonable. From my experience dropping down .5 from my Plaza size in the Trubalance results in a shoe that is roughly the same length, and somewhat wider. If your foot a fairly narrow like mine, you'd probably want to drop .5 and a width, since the Trubalance is one of Alden's wider lasts.
post #13577 of 98971
Ok will just skip the sale then. Don't want to spend 230 bucks on shoes that might not fit that I can't return.
post #13578 of 98971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenobody0 View Post
That seems reasonable. From my experience dropping down .5 from my Plaza size in the Trubalance results in a shoe that is roughly the same length, and somewhat wider. If your foot a fairly narrow like mine, you'd probably want to drop .5 and a width, since the Trubalance is one of Alden's wider lasts.

I'm hoping that the Leydon last is slightly wider than the Plaza last because my foot really does appreciate the wider toebox of the Trubalance last. If not, there may be a pair on B&S soon.

For reference:

post #13579 of 98971
Great reference guide.

Quick repair question; does Alden replace the stitching on the 405's Moc Toe if it's frayed during refurbishing?
post #13580 of 98971
thanks to sf member reguy for creating this awesome guide
post #13581 of 98971
i don't think it is
post #13582 of 98971
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post
leydon and plaza need to be swapped. Leydon is narrower in the toe box

I'm not sure that's true. From my experience, the Leydon last runs a little bit shorter than the Plaza, but for me, the Plaza last has been the narrowest in the toe box of all of the Alden lasts that I've tried.
post #13583 of 98971
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClassic View Post
Great reference guide.

Quick repair question; does Alden replace the stitching on the 405's Moc Toe if it's frayed during refurbishing?

I don't think they do - I had a pair of 405s I sent in for resoling about three months ago that didn't have the stitching replaced.
post #13584 of 98971
Is anyone placing a reservation for any of the June Leather Soul pre-orders? I am looking at the unlined PTB in #8 - a shoe I have wanted for a long time. Though, I just purchased Ravello LWB from Alden SF... Curious if any one has any thoughts, pictures or comments on the shoe. Thanks!

http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/201...011/#more-4340
post #13585 of 98971
My new Ravello LWB from Alden San Francisco:




post #13586 of 98971
^^ Incredibly beautiful shoes.
post #13587 of 98971
VERY nice ^
post #13588 of 98971
Quote:
Originally Posted by cimabue View Post
Norwegian Split Toe, Chromexcel, Barrie, ShoeMart. They were in natural originally -- did not like -- dyed 'em black.

Beautiful job!
post #13589 of 98971
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler View Post
I'm not sure that's true. From my experience, the Leydon last runs a little bit shorter than the Plaza, but for me, the Plaza last has been the narrowest in the toe box of all of the Alden lasts that I've tried.

If there is anything that needs to be moved on the chart, it is the Hampton last. IMO, it is the middle of the road of Alden lasts. TTS in both length and width. The Aberdeen, Plaza, and Copley are the most narrow in the toe box. While the Leydon is narrow in the toe box compared to the bigger Alden lasts, it isn't as narrow in the toebox than the Plaza. That's my .02.
post #13590 of 98971
I think the chart is great and directionally correct. There are a number of different measurements that he could have chosen in developing it and he chose toe shape, not toe width. I happen to agree with that choice - for me the width of the Plaza last is secondary to the shape of the toe box. In contrasting the Plaza last with their other lasts it is a bit "out-of-box" (pun intended) and IMO it works well on some of the time. My $.02.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***