or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 838

post #12556 of 88000
how do the modified last fit compared to the other lasts?
i heard it fits like a barrie, but was never sure.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #12557 of 88000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronaut888 View Post
Dude - the shoemarket irregulars are killing me this month.
Cigars, Chromexel, ...............Must resist...

Seriously... they have a cigar chukka in sz 8. wish these were in a 7.5...
post #12558 of 88000
Quote:
Originally Posted by lxlfeng View Post
lol yep, spoke with him too!
really disappointed i was too late to get the colour 8 plain toe boots though

depending on the last, i can take a 6.5 or 7
So, that is likely why some nice ones hang around in my small size
post #12559 of 88000
Anyone have the mailing for 6.5 E Irregulars?
post #12560 of 88000
Quote:
Originally Posted by interlockingny View Post
Nice score. They are actually Whiskey / Black grain saddles. Did you get them in 10D and 10.5D?
You are totally right...'twas Whiskey. I got them only in my size, 10D in Barrie. Not trying to hoard them from others. Hope the other pair found a good home.
post #12561 of 88000
^Just curious what you plan to wear those with? I was excited to see them in the Shoemart email but then said to myself, "Does a $135 discount make them any better looking than they were at $535?"
post #12562 of 88000
Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post
^Just curious what you plan to wear those with? I was excited to see them in the Shoemart email but then said to myself, "Does a $135 discount make them any better looking than they were at $535?"
REguy, I asked myself that very same question. But considering I actually rarely wear black shoes with my suits, even where traditionalists might say you should (like navy or charcoal), I would substitute this shoe for any brown shoes I considered would look good with a navy or grey suit. I also think those shoes are really beautiful. I will just have to be creative. I would also be very open to any other suggestions for what I could wear those two-tone saddles with or pics from people who already have them.
post #12563 of 88000
Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post
^Just curious what you plan to wear those with? I was excited to see them in the Shoemart email but then said to myself, "Does a $135 discount make them any better looking than they were at $535?"

That's good thinking - why buy something you don't want because it's discounted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRK33 View Post
REguy, I asked myself that very same question. But considering I actually rarely wear black shoes with my suits, even where traditionalists might say you should (like navy or charcoal), I would substitute this shoe for any brown shoes I considered would look good with a navy or grey suit. I also think those shoes are really beautiful. I will just have to be creative.

I would also be very open to any other suggestions for what I could wear those two-tone saddles with or pics from people who already have them.

I consider these to be a casual shoe and I got a pair (from Leffot) to wear in place of black shoes/boots mainly because I find black shoes boring. I wouldn't wear them with a suit - although they'd work with summer suit fabrics, e.g., cotton & seersucker. I think they'll be great with black denim and with black, dark grey, khaki, and some shades of brown slacks.
post #12564 of 88000
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunk View Post
Can anyone recommend a good belt for a pair of Ravello shoes? The shoes (boots really) are ALden Ravello Brixton Boots which I will likely wear in casual and dress situations so if anyone has any good casual (i.e. tanner maybe?) and\\or dress belt suggestions, I would welcome them all. My budget would be no more then $100.

Thanks,
B

I purchased a Ravello shell belt to go with my Ravello shoes. Keep your eyes open and you'll be able to find one. It was a good deal more expensive than $100 though.
post #12565 of 88000
^ Jhcam, did the ones from Leffot have a crepe sole? These might be slightly different because I was told they were a single leather sole, which hopefully lends them a slightly more formal feel (or so i hope). I agree with your premise that black shoes are pretty boring. We'll see; I actually think they are nice-looking shoes. They weren't a must have at full price, but the more palatable 'seconds' price piqued my interest.
post #12566 of 88000
Quote:
Originally Posted by lxlfeng View Post
how do the modified last fit compared to the other lasts?
i heard it fits like a barrie, but was never sure.

It's slightly bigger than the Trubalance last in my experience. I went TTS with the Trubalance, but had to size down for the modified. Got fitted at Moulded Shoe in NYC, so those guys know what they're talking about.

My advice, if you find your Trubalance/Barrie fit snugly, you may have to size down.
post #12567 of 88000
There is a lot of great stuff on the Alden irregulars emails in the small sizes this month as well! Whiskey chukkas are out there, and I would have bought them if I hadn't ordered Ravello LHS from last month's email!

Does anyone have any experience with the 379X last? Particularly compared to the Barrie of Van last?
post #12568 of 88000
Can someone de-code the Shoemart colors for me and cross-reference them to the typical Alden colors (i.e. what is tan, scotch, etc)?
post #12569 of 88000
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRK33 View Post
^ Jhcam, did the ones from Leffot have a crepe sole? These might be slightly different because I was told they were a single leather sole, which hopefully lends them a slightly more formal feel (or so i hope). I agree with your premise that black shoes are pretty boring.

We'll see; I actually think they are nice-looking shoes. They weren't a must have at full price, but the more palatable 'seconds' price piqued my interest.

Yes, the Leffot have crepe while the Shoemart's look like a single leather or waterlock. They are great shoes - I'm very pleased with mine. Playing around with shoes and clothes is what we do, isn't it? So, have fun!
post #12570 of 88000
Hey Alden fam, I just a heads up but I listed two pairs of Aldens in the BS and I'd love for them to go to one of ya'll



Winn Perry cap-toes and Leathersoul longwings.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=239110
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***