or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 827

post #12391 of 95051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Dog Day #49 View Post
Nah I'm not trolling I just got the shoes for pretty cheap and I wear them with jeans and stuff and want them to be a little more casual/worn in. I like them looking beat up.
In that case, forget what I said about hail, etc - it could give you the look you want.
post #12392 of 95051
Never was really that into alden but after browsing through this thread a bit I'm in love with the 2160- cardovan oxford in dark burgundy. Quick question, do these ever go on sale anywhere, or am I basically stuck paying the $600 if I ever want them? It doesn't really fit a hole in my 'drobe so I can definitely wait
post #12393 of 95051
those will not go on sale, best bet is to browse ebay or the buy and sell if you want them at a discount. It's crazy, I have them in black and still want them in #8, Aldens are addictive.
post #12394 of 95051
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy7 View Post
Never was really that into alden but after browsing through this thread a bit I'm in love with the 2160- cardovan oxford in dark burgundy.
Quick question, do these ever go on sale anywhere, or am I basically stuck paying the $600 if I ever want them? It doesn't really fit a hole in my 'drobe so I can definitely wait

I just got an email from Sherman Brothers today for 15% off the entire store. Unfortunately, I deleted it so I can't tell you what the code is. That would bring the price of the 2160s down to $500.
post #12395 of 95051
Alden's thickest, heaviest, juiciest shells are often in black and #8 and are also had at the best prices. The clearest shells reserved for the "rare" colors can be a little anemic by comparison I've noticed. (Don't settle for an inferior product in any case. Watch your skirts, as they say in Minnesota.)
post #12396 of 95051
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy7 View Post
Never was really that into alden but after browsing through this thread a bit I'm in love with the 2160- cardovan oxford in dark burgundy.
Quick question, do these ever go on sale anywhere, or am I basically stuck paying the $600 if I ever want them? It doesn't really fit a hole in my 'drobe so I can definitely wait

That's a great style. I have it in burnished brown calf, and it's a really fine looking shoe.
post #12397 of 95051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellionheart View Post
I found the laces to be crap as well and one totally died after 3 weeks of owning them. Strangely enough, I was in a DM store with the gf and so bought some of their laces instead. They go quite decently with the Indy and seem durable as well. On another note, I've been looking at either the Kudu 404 indy and the kudu chukka boot. Any opinion on how this leather goes with cords for the fall?
I originally purchased the Kudu Indy 404, and it was a little big for me. I felt with the full lug sole the shoes were a bit too clunky. I sold them after a few wears and went with the Kudu Chukkas and really love them! The mini-lug is a perfect blend of subtlety and usefulness in foul weather. I would highly recommend the Kudu Chukkas (I really love the strong but soft Kudu leather as well - I got mine as seconds from Shoemart).
post #12398 of 95051
Fellas,

Are there monk straps out on the wider lasts or is it strictly aberdeen?
post #12399 of 95051
^I've seen monk straps on Plaza lasts but that is pretty much the same narrowness as aberdeen. The style is really dressy so I don't think Alden makes it on a wider last.
post #12400 of 95051
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryFlashman View Post
I originally purchased the Kudu Indy 404, and it was a little big for me. I felt with the full lug sole the shoes were a bit too clunky. I sold them after a few wears and went with the Kudu Chukkas and really love them! The mini-lug is a perfect blend of subtlety and usefulness in foul weather. I would highly recommend the Kudu Chukkas (I really love the strong but soft Kudu leather as well - I got mine as seconds from Shoemart).

Thanks for the input (and to everyone who responded so far). I've nailed my fit on the Trubalance last, so won't have to worry about the sizing. Haven't tried the Barrie last yet, though.

How foul weather are we talking about? I'm living in Canada atm, (though go back to Britain fairly often) and find that I need a pretty big lug sole to deal with the winter.
post #12401 of 95051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Dog Day #49 View Post
Nah I'm not trolling I just got the shoes for pretty cheap and I wear them with jeans and stuff and want them to be a little more casual/worn in. I like them looking beat up.
Take pictures before and along the way please. I think it would be the first pics of such a project posted.
post #12402 of 95051
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniW View Post
^I've seen monk straps on Plaza lasts but that is pretty much the same narrowness as aberdeen. The style is really dressy so I don't think Alden makes it on a wider last.
The monkstrap is also made on the Leydon last on occasion. Here's a link to a pic of said shoe… http://www.theshoemart.com/mas_asset...D/FD-1536Y.jpg
post #12403 of 95051
The Alden NST Monk: http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/201...sbh/#more-2052 I love the Hampton because of its fullness up front and it's about as sleek as the Plaza.
post #12404 of 95051
Picked up some longwings.

post #12405 of 95051
Quote:
Originally Posted by citamlli View Post
Picked up some longwings. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
these are nice. What are they? and from where?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***