Originally Posted by CEE88
Sorry, just a few miles, but ....
* Alden 45193H Reverse Chamois Boots ... a/k/a the "Little Tank."
* Inspired by boots of the the 1st and 2nd World Wars.
* Horween oiled chamois leather is turned to it's roughout side for ease of care and wear tolerance.
* Rumor: you can beat them up, clean them out, oil them, and brush them and they will be no worse for wear (not enough miles, or hard wear, for me to verify as yet).
* Natural plantation crepe sole (which is super silent), made in two colors, Tobacco or Earth. Tobacco (pictured) is a true brown finished with a light antique stain on the flat welt. "Earth" is really a dark brown, but in most lights, appears all but black or charcoal. The finish of the Earth boot is meant to accentuate those black tones, with black edge finish, stitching, eyelets, and laces. Both looked great in the store - but the decision was made for me (no Earth in my size so I happily went with Tobacco).
* Barrie last - but seems to fit a bit snugger than Barrie last shoes.
* Current status: the footware I want to have in the rotation more often.
Thanks for posting. these look fantastic! It is so hard to reisist but I cannot justify this right now.