or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 822

post #12316 of 89994
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post
These are damned nice!!!
+1

I meant to comment earlier. Not enough red brick soul on the suede. With those boots it just makes it. Red brick is as comfortable as plantation soles without the neagtives in my eyes.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #12317 of 89994
15 mos old, recently re-heeled with ortho Cat's Paw [@Cesar's, NYC]



post #12318 of 89994
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon View Post
15 mos old, recently re-heeled with ortho Cat's Paw [@Cesar's, NYC] Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
nice. love the cat's paw
post #12319 of 89994
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post
nice. love the cat's paw
+1 If those are green laces I would consider a replacement.
post #12320 of 89994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
Got home today and found these waiting for me:




Nice display, Ahab!
post #12321 of 89994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahab View Post

Now an update on some white suede saddle shoes I picked up a year ago. These things have at least 10 days of wear and most recently were called to duty at a beach wedding. I wore them with seersucker and people loved them but they were getting a little dirty:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)






Luckily I found a suede cleaning kit at Off Broadway shoes (I was looking for laces which they do not carry and heel pads to wear with my suede shoes so I could go sockless). After cleaning I am very happy with the results:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)









Those white bucks are really nice. And what dirt are you talking about -- the shoes looked pretty white before the treatment! Let them get dirty and wear 'em proud with poplin khakis and seersucker in the summer -- eventually they will become 'dirty bucks' in tan
post #12322 of 89994
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhcam8 View Post
Nice display, Ahab!
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by srivats View Post
Those white bucks are really nice. And what dirt are you talking about -- the shoes looked pretty white before the treatment! Let them get dirty and wear 'em proud with poplin khakis and seersucker in the summer -- eventually they will become 'dirty bucks' in tan
You are right. I just bought the kit and wanted to show people how easy it is to use. I use it on my snuff suede boots. I have been very surprised at how all my suede has kept up.

I need to wait a little before my next shoe purchase but I would love to get a pair of these in long ot shortwing on either the commando sole as shown or red brick sole from Leather Soul:


post #12323 of 89994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.K View Post
Looking for any one that purchased the Leather Souls Plain Toe Flex boots in either the suede or the cognac Soft Calf. I am was hoping to get a review of the boot and any real world pics after some wear on them. I am looking to do a pre-order for them and just want to get some reviews if possible. Thanks in advance.


I have them for sale here: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...thersoul+snuff

They are amazing. I bought the wrong size, and have found, unfortunately, that the barrie is just not for me (though I will suffer to wear my shell Pitt boots).
post #12324 of 89994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post
I have them for sale here: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...thersoul+snuff

They are amazing. I bought the wrong size, and have found, unfortunately, that the barrie is just not for me (though I will suffer to wear my shell Pitt boots).

Thanks, I will have to check later, it looks like the pics are not working right now.
post #12325 of 89994
Just got my Kudu Ultimate Indy's today.
LL
post #12326 of 89994
I recently received my first pair of Aldens (Rough Roy on Trubalance last) and I have a question about the size. Before I ordered them, I went to a local Alden retailer and had my foot measured- 10E. I usually wear a 10 1/2 in sneakers so that measurement was consistent with the general consensus on SF that the Trubalance last runs 1/2 size large.

When I received my 10E Rough Roys, however, they seem way too big. Here are some photos (the last one is a comparison to a Clarks DB in size 10 that fits me well)...what do you guys think? Is this how these boots are supposed to fit or are they too big?


` Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #12327 of 89994
FWIW, I always wear a size 12 in basketball shoes and sneakers, but my dress shoe size is 10 1/2D and I size down to a 10D in Trubalance. My understanding has always been that you are supposed to size down from your dress shoe size. That boot looks massive for your foot.
post #12328 of 89994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Shoes View Post
I recently received my first pair of Aldens (Rough Roy on Trubalance last) and I have a question about the size. Before I ordered them, I went to a local Alden retailer and had my foot measured- 10E. I usually wear a 10 1/2 in sneakers so that measurement was consistent with the general consensus on SF that the Trubalance last runs 1/2 size large.

When I received my 10E Rough Roys, however, they seem way too big. Here are some photos (the last one is a comparison to a Clarks DB in size 10 that fits me well)...what do you guys think? Is this how these boots are supposed to fit or are they too big?

The Trubalance last is the widest of all the Alden lasts. So an E on the trubalance is quite wide. If your foot was measured as a 10E, it probably would have best to go with a 9.5E or even a 9.5D on the Trubalance. From a personal standpoint, I wear an E on the Barrie but can wear a D on the trubalance.
post #12329 of 89994
/\\ I Agree. I think these are too big. When I bought my first Aldens ( Barrie LWB ) I had to send them back because they were too big. I wear a 10D in most shoes and a 9.5 E in some of the narrow AE last so I ended up getting a 9 D in the LWB. My sneaker shoe size is a 10.5.
post #12330 of 89994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
I checked into whether these could be made into golf shoes and found out that it's pretty easy. There is a cobbler linked on Sherman Bros. site that can do it. Also, there was an informative thread recently on golfwrx: http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/...ours-work-out/ BTW - Have you seen the new Allen Edmonds Honors line? Nice stuff! Alden should take note.
They used to make golf shoes. Here are a pair I recently sold because I wasn't playing golf enough to justify keeping them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***