or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 819

post #12271 of 97088
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post
If I didn't already have AF84s (Barrie), I'd be all over those AF95s.
I'd rank Alden with AS, C&J or Tricker's. Definitely above the few Loakes that I've seen.

Thank you. Much appreciated.
post #12272 of 97088
Winn Perry Little Tanks
post #12273 of 97088
Whiskey caps
LL
post #12274 of 97088
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGold View Post
Whiskey caps
Very nice Chris. Nothing says warmer weather better than whiskey and the balmoral is a nice touch.
post #12275 of 97088
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post
the waxed black laces on my black pair of the SF boot just snapped last night ...

looks like ill be making a trip to the dc alden store. ill ask what the status is on those ravello medallion captoes

kathy wasnt in so couldnt ask about an update on the ravello medallion captoes on plaza. the dude (can never remember his name) said she will be back on tuesday but she mentioned it and he thinks she is still gathering names for the order and hasnt officially placed it as of yet

just wanted to praise the customer service at the dc shop which has always been top notch. went in for replacement laces and i was promptly switched out for one no charge. i had some weird discoloration on my first pair of aldens that were #8 shell longwings a year or two ago and kathy sent them off to the factory asap and had them delivered back to me asap for no charge or anything

in comparison, i was in NYC like 2 months ago when my cigar indy laces snapped and went into the alden nyc shop to grab a pair. maybe the shop owner was having a bad day but the first question he asked was where did i get my shoes. i told him they were the special makeup by Leffot and he told me to go to leffot and get laces. i said im visiting out of town from dc and i ordered them over the phone so i have no idea where leffot actually is and i dont have a car. he begrudgingly gave me a pair and charged me while literally complaining over and over again how this is not an Alden owned store and he owns it himself and Alden charges him for each individual pair of laces and that its not his responsibility to fix other retailers problems haha. i have no probelm paying for $4 laces but the service was just terrible. id rather pay 20 for laces and not have to hear about a shop owner complain about a competitor like leffot lol. its not like he was busy at 10am in the mornign (maybe that was the problem?!?!?)
post #12276 of 97088
It's the random thing again, I'm telling you.
post #12277 of 97088
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseHide View Post
It's the random thing again, I'm telling you.

lol must be ... seems to be the only common denominator
post #12278 of 97088
Nothing worse than walking into your house with your Aldens on only to later discover you've stepped in dog shit! That was my morning. Damn shit even had started to dissolve the leather sole in spots. WTF was that dog eating? If it was horse shit I could understand that I deserved it as the boots are Cordovan - Crap on the Crup.

Why do people not pick up after their dogs? Shit!
post #12279 of 97088
Quote:
Originally Posted by joz411no View Post
Isn't that Mac's collection?
Exactly what I was about to ask
post #12280 of 97088
Quote:
Originally Posted by framus View Post
Nothing worse than walking into your house with your Aldens on only to later discover you've stepped in dog shit! That was my morning. Damn shit even had started to dissolve the leather sole in spots. WTF was that dog eating? If it was horse shit I could understand that I deserved it as the boots are Cordovan - Crap on the Crup.

Why do people not pick up after their dogs? Shit!

Back in the old days (you know, when Alden had decent QC) this never would have happened.
post #12281 of 97088
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post
the waxed black laces on my black pair of the SF boot just snapped last night ...

looks like ill be making a trip to the dc alden store. ill ask what the status is on those ravello medallion captoes

I called up Alden when this happened. Three days later a new pair of laces were in my mailbox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by framus View Post
Nothing worse than walking into your house with your Aldens on only to later discover you've stepped in dog shit! That was my morning. Damn shit even had started to dissolve the leather sole in spots. WTF was that dog eating? If it was horse shit I could understand that I deserved it as the boots are Cordovan - Crap on the Crup.

Why do people not pick up after their dogs? Shit!

Yea, at least dog shit can be cleaned off. I work with 14 year olds every day. At least three times a year (this year two in two weeks) I come home with fruity gum stuck on the bottom of my soles. At least one of them this year was a pair of C&J lol.

FYI, I'm considering selling my Ravello LWBs that have been worn three times (not been gummed) in 9E. If there is interest at $600 (personal payment gift or $625 reg) shipped let me know and I can provide pics. They were purchased new from a forumite who got them from Alden SF and was culling his collection. I'm still not 100% sure I want to sell....
post #12282 of 97088
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post
kathy wasnt in so couldnt ask about an update on the ravello medallion captoes on plaza. the dude (can never remember his name) said she will be back on tuesday but she mentioned it and he thinks she is still gathering names for the order and hasnt officially placed it as of yet
I believe it is Joe. Great guy and will talk shoes.
post #12283 of 97088
Quote:
Originally Posted by framus View Post
Nothing worse than walking into your house with your Aldens on only to later discover you've stepped in dog shit! That was my morning. Damn shit even had started to dissolve the leather sole in spots. WTF was that dog eating? If it was horse shit I could understand that I deserved it as the boots are Cordovan - Crap on the Crup.

Why do people not pick up after their dogs? Shit!

So that color is #2 shell?
post #12284 of 97088
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post
the waxed black laces on my black pair of the SF boot just snapped last night ...

looks like ill be making a trip to the dc alden store. ill ask what the status is on those ravello medallion captoes
I bought a pair of round 54" Kiwi outdoor laces for $1.75. I did this because they are made out of nylon and when I checked my old Army boots they seem to be made out of nylon and have never broken. That pair of boots has en enclosed speed lacing system that I prefer to the Alden system so I am not sure if the laces will last as long. They do not look as good as the flat laces but since it is black on black I doubt anyone will notice.
post #12285 of 97088
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post
Yea, at least dog shit can be cleaned off. I work with 14 year olds every day. At least three times a year (this year two in two weeks) I come home with fruity gum stuck on the bottom of my soles. At least one of them this year was a pair of C&J lol.
Try Goo-Gone on the fruit gum. You can pick it up at most hardware stores. You can scrape the majority of the gum off, then rub the GG on the remainder, and it'll start to disolve. You just have to work it, and as it disolves wipe it away with an old rag. After it dries, you'll be hardpressed to see it was ever put on.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***