or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** - Page 809

post #12121 of 99285
Looking to buy some cigar shell PTBs (Barrie) in size 11, but can't seem to locate them through the usual suspects... hate that I missed out on the IRR sale from shoemart. Had the chance and waited a day too long to pull the trigger.
post #12122 of 99285
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunk View Post
Uncontrol acts a bit like an androgynous wannabe version of Jet at times.

I guess I need a bit of clarification. Are you saying Uncontrol is:

*Androgynous and he/she's a Jet wannabe; or
*He's a Jet wannabe and Jet is androgynous (does that mean the Persian Bro stuff is all a beard ?)


Confusing! Makes me long for the simpler days when I used to get annoyed at some guy asking how the Trubalance last will accomodate his bone spurs.
post #12123 of 99285
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post
I pre-ordered the wingtip in snuff suede, can't wait (as well as the chromexcel Jumper). I've never done this before, how the hell do you guys cope with the waiting game???

I put in the same order. Next thing you'll say is you ordered them in 10.5 EE.
post #12124 of 99285
Thank you for all you guys reply & remind
Right,I just tied them that way for the pics only.

Round 2

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
post #12125 of 99285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronaut888 View Post
what do you guys think of this boot?
don't know much about it.
available to me in my size from shoemart for a pretty nice price.


these are the only photos I could find - looks to be a used pair from a Japanese website
Modified last

I like the way they look, they remind me of the #8 boots that they sell at J. Crew. I don't see them on the Shoe Mart website, though, are they on the irregulars list for your size?
post #12126 of 99285
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post
I pre-ordered the wingtip in snuff suede, can't wait (as well as the chromexcel Jumper). I've never done this before, how the hell do you guys cope with the waiting game???



Rob, I have both of those on order also. Some of of just have to wait because of our odd size that is not stocked. I am still waiting for my blue suede PTB and longwings from a september order.
post #12127 of 99285
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler View Post
I like the way they look, they remind me of the #8 boots that they sell at J. Crew. I don't see them on the Shoe Mart website, though, are they on the irregulars list for your size?

Yes
They send me the list every month and they are always on there.
It makes me crazy b/c I really like the look of the photo they send, but feel they may look too dressy for my tastes when I get them in my hand.
They remind me a bit of the Cordovan Jumper boots I have seen.
If I don't kop, it'll make me mental when they fail to show up one month in the monthly offering from shoebuy.
Looking for more info on the modified last
They are one half size larger than my Indy's. So, essentially TTS on the modified last....perhaps even .5 smaller than TTS. My indys are almost one size down and a stretch from the local cobbler.
post #12128 of 99285
My first two pair of Aldens #8 Cordovan Long Wing (purchased from Leffot) Ravello PTB (purchased from Alden NYC) J Crew Argyles not quite otc I am thinking hard about an Alden LHS in whisky and maybe a black chukka. After that, it's on to high boots.
post #12129 of 99285
Alcibiades,

You couldn't have picked two better shoes with which to start.
post #12130 of 99285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronaut888 View Post
Yes
They send me the list every month and they are always on there.
It makes me crazy b/c I really like the look of the photo they send, but feel they may look too dressy for my tastes when I get them in my hand.
They remind me a bit of the Cordovan Jumper boots I have seen.
If I don't kop, it'll make me mental when they fail to show up one month in the monthly offering from shoebuy.
Looking for more info on the modified last
They are one half size larger than my Indy's. So, essentially TTS on the modified last....perhaps even .5 smaller than TTS. My indys are almost one size down and a stretch from the local cobbler.

they sound like seconds, which for the price could be a great deal. i deal with joe the owner of shoemart they have a great return policy, if they don't work send them back.
post #12131 of 99285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronaut888 View Post
Yes
They send me the list every month and they are always on there.
It makes me crazy b/c I really like the look of the photo they send, but feel they may look too dressy for my tastes when I get them in my hand.
They remind me a bit of the Cordovan Jumper boots I have seen.
If I don't kop, it'll make me mental when they fail to show up one month in the monthly offering from shoebuy.
Looking for more info on the modified last
They are one half size larger than my Indy's. So, essentially TTS on the modified last....perhaps even .5 smaller than TTS. My indys are almost one size down and a stretch from the local cobbler.

From what I have heard, the Modified last runs pretty big. It's the second loosest fitting last that Alden makes, so if these are a half-size larger than your Indys, there's a good chance that they will be too big for you.
post #12132 of 99285
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGold View Post
Alcibiades, You couldn't have picked two better shoes with which to start.
+1. Both Cordovan, one is a LW, the other is a rare color. Two different styles. Well done
post #12133 of 99285
New arrival - Chamois with double water-loc sole.
LL
post #12134 of 99285
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGold View Post
New arrival - Chamois with double water-loc sole.
I have been eying these for some time now. Nice pickup
post #12135 of 99285
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGold View Post
New arrival - Chamois with double water-loc sole.
Very nice Chris! What color are those? I'm guessing earth, but could be the tobacco. I just pulled the trigger on the Winn Perry little tanks in tobacco and I am awaiting delivery this week.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread ***