or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6665  

post #99961 of 122416
I guess this serves me right for wearing nice things on a cold day.
Slipped on ice and scuffed the toe frown.gif
Do I use wax or polish on this? I don't think deer bone will help this scuff.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

post #99962 of 122416
These came in today too. I now understand the love everyone has for natty CXL. Pics don't do the color justice at all.



Edited by Vicious49 - 1/5/15 at 3:27pm
post #99963 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassyCanuck View Post

I guess this serves me right for wearing nice things on a cold day.
Slipped on ice and scuffed the toe frown.gif
Do I use wax or polish on this? I don't think deer bone will help this scuff.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Hard to tell how deep the scuff is, but shell is pretty resilient. I bet you can blend most of it in by applying some conditioner followed by vigorous brushing.
post #99964 of 122416


Joined the Alden Army today along with some shadow selvedge courtesy of 3sixteen.
post #99965 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassyCanuck View Post

I guess this serves me right for wearing nice things on a cold day.
Slipped on ice and scuffed the toe frown.gif
Do I use wax or polish on this? I don't think deer bone will help this scuff.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.


Sorry to see that. I agree vigorous brushing should do most of the blending, perhaps finish with deer bone. Use the simple tools first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post

These came in today too. I now understand the love everyone has for natty CXL. Pics don't do the color justice at all.



Dang, good week for you. Love the kudus as an alternative to 1000k. I never could see the appeal of 1k miles. They look like they were lasted on a potatoe.
post #99966 of 122416
Snuff tassels today from BB:
post #99967 of 122416

Kind of PSA, I returned Alden Men's 9 Eyelet Wing Tip Boot in Ravello Shell Cordovan in size 10D to TSM. The ravello shade is fantastic and I did not try the shoes so they are in perfect condition. TSM received the shoes today so you can call them.

post #99968 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosslovethreads View Post

"I never could see the appeal of 1k miles. They look like they were lasted on a potato."

:rotflmao:  I couldn't agree more.  (They are actually very comfortable)

post #99969 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYawker View Post

Snuff tassels today from BB:


Not sure how many times I nearly pulled the trigger on these.  Lookin' great my friend!

post #99970 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post
 


Not sure how many times I nearly pulled the trigger on these.  Lookin' great my friend!


Thanks repp!  I highly recommend them.  Amazingly comfortable and very versatile.  I scored them during one of the recent corp events for an absolute steal!  Now if only BB would re-stock the tan suede lhs....

post #99971 of 122416
Anyone recall the preorder policy for AoC?

Shot him an email and haven't heard back. Don't want to pester the guy; he could still be on vaca.

There's the 975 on commando that I might finally pull the trigger on. Too much broken glass here in San Francisco smile.gif
post #99972 of 122416
The Leffot Ravello daytripper boots that are up on eBay right now make me kind of sad. I wasn't in the market for them, so I'm looking at it unbiased. It sucks that there are people looking to make a quick buck. There's some people in this thread who would have kopped and loved them at ~$800. I mean capitalism is capitalism and I'm always on-board with making money, but that would be frustrating. It's a hunt and if you move too slow, it's on you - I get it. However, I really hope that they never sell north of $1,200-1500 so that it doesn't invite more people with no intentions of wearing and just drive the market up.
post #99973 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

Anyone recall the preorder policy for AoC?

Shot him an email and haven't heard back. Don't want to pester the guy; he could still be on vaca.

There's the 975 on commando that I might finally pull the trigger on. Too much broken glass here in San Francisco smile.gif

Adam replied same-day on Saturday night. He's an awesome dude.

I bet you'll get a reply by this evening PST.
post #99974 of 122416
Alden thread New Years Resolution: cease the use of the word "versatile."

Or maybe I should stop looking at this thread. shog[1].gifffffuuuu.gif
post #99975 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYawker View Post

Snuff tassels today from BB:

 

They look amazing NY!! Any idea what last are they? Have you sized down or they are TTS? Thanks!!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.