or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6618  

post #99256 of 122416

Just wondering, have any of you guys recrafted a pair of calf/cxl indys? I want a pair of Indy boots but I can only imagine myself spending $150 or whatever the price is, to recraft a pair of cordovan shoes, unless the recraft looks spectacular. 

post #99257 of 122416
I have seen a number of folks get them re-crafted. They are still like $500+ boots. Not something I would just toss out after the sole is gone if they can be revamped.

-Mike
post #99258 of 122416
@circleslife

Trubalance shell other than Indys don't pop up a lot from what I have seen.

Alden SF does have a trubalance tanker boot on their website in color 8.

Thinking hard but nothing else comes to mind....although I'm sure that there are some models out there from some of the European or Asian retailers.
post #99259 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by circleslife View Post

Rocking the looks there sazon. Curious to know what's out there in Trubalance shell apart from Indy's. Please share. 

Alden of Carmel runs plain toe shell boots on the trubalance in black and #8.
post #99260 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by esoxm View Post

Alden of Carmel runs plain toe shell boots on the trubalance in black and #8.

Leather Soul had a #8 Jumper on trubalance...still suffering with Seller's remorse on that one facepalm.gif
post #99261 of 122416
Lost and Found in Toronto will be releasing a #8 plain toe boot with a commando sole and on trubalance in the near future.
post #99262 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy View Post

Lost and Found in Toronto will be releasing a #8 plain toe boot with a commando sole and on trubalance in the near future.


nod[1].gif in for this one.
post #99263 of 122416
Anyone know if something like this is in the pipeline anywhere?



http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2010/05/24/alden-shoes-lsbh-pre-sale-the-pitt-boot/
post #99264 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by esoxm View Post

Alden of Carmel runs plain toe shell boots on the trubalance in black and #8.

I'm wearing the plain toe #8 from Adam right now. I love the AF53!
post #99265 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix1891 View Post

Just wondering, have any of you guys recrafted a pair of calf/cxl indys? I want a pair of Indy boots but I can only imagine myself spending $150 or whatever the price is, to recraft a pair of cordovan shoes, unless the recraft looks spectacular. 

If the indy's you are looking at are on Alden's neoprene cork-filled sole (the most common indy sole ), it would likely take a very long time before you need to get them resoled. Plus at that point you might as well send them in to Alden for restoration where they will not only resole them but also refinish the uppers. I think they raised the price to somewhere around 175 or so, but its a pretty good deal imo vs just a standard resole unless youre trying to get a different type of sole put on it.(ie changed to commando or something as Alden wont change sole types from the shoe's original type these days)
post #99266 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmallo15 View Post

Anyone know if something like this is in the pipeline anywhere?



http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2010/05/24/alden-shoes-lsbh-pre-sale-the-pitt-boot/

I wish. The black or cigar shell Pitt Boots are a grail boot of mine. I don't have very high expectations though  

post #99267 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmallo15 View Post

Anyone know if something like this is in the pipeline anywhere?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2010/05/24/alden-shoes-lsbh-pre-sale-the-pitt-boot/

Quote:
Originally Posted by breck81 View Post

I wish. The black or cigar shell Pitt Boots are a grail boot of mine. I don't have very high expectations though  


same here. would get black shell PT boots with antique edge trim in a heartbeat. I think it would be very popular makeup.
post #99268 of 122416
Is anyone currently offering a black shell PT boot? It probably wouldn't be that tough to get those and sand down the edges for a DYI antique trim, although the welt would still be black so it wouldn't look quite like the model in the one pictured above.
post #99269 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

Is anyone currently offering a black shell PT boot? It probably wouldn't be that tough to get those and sand down the edges for a DYI antique trim, although the welt would still be black so it wouldn't look quite like the model in the one pictured above.

 

45165_3__op_640x640.jpg

 

(Nice boot....terrible pic)

 

Alden NYC:

http://www.aldenmadisonny.com/SHELL4.html

post #99270 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

Is anyone currently offering a black shell PT boot? It probably wouldn't be that tough to get those and sand down the edges for a DYI antique trim, although the welt would still be black so it wouldn't look quite like the model in the one pictured above.

I believe Alden SF also stocks a PT Boot. Don't recall if they have both Color 8 and Black Shell or just one of the two.

-Mike
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.