or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 660  

post #9886 of 122416
I agree with cfull, but can see all sides to the discussion. Personally, I am STOKED that Aldens is around and I can buy such a sweet looking shoe that's made here in the USA. I'm new to the forums, and to the idea of being better dressed and making more quality/fit conscious decisions about my wardrobe. I can't wait for my order for 403's to get here from Shoemart!
post #9887 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGold View Post
So I'm wearing my new whiskey caps yesterday and I'm looking at them thinking how much I love this color, so I log onto the TheShoeMart, click on the NST - and this morning they are at my door. Now that's a responsive crack dealer!

(And yes, I think whiskey seems to be getting a little darker)

I'm thinking of picking up something in whiskey before the price increase, but can't decide which. ptb, nst, lhs?
post #9888 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by scb View Post
I'm thinking of picking up something in whiskey before the price increase, but can't decide which. ptb, nst, lhs?

All are solid options. Do you have any of those styles in Ravello? If so, I would diversify your shoe collection and go with something different. If you don't have any of those I would get a longwing first, PTB second.
post #9889 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by interlockingny View Post
All are solid options. Do you have any of those styles in Ravello? If so, I would diverse of your shoe collection and go with something different. If you don't have any of those I would get a longwing first, PTB second.

I agree with the above, 100%. If you've got a Ravello PTB, get the Whiskey in longwing, etc...
post #9890 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGold View Post
So I'm wearing my new whiskey caps yesterday and I'm looking at them thinking how much I love this color, so I log onto the TheShoeMart, click on the NST - and this morning they are at my door. Now that's a responsive crack dealer!

(And yes, I think whiskey seems to be getting a little darker)

The darkening of whiskey has been talked about, but these are the first pics I think I have seen that really show the difference.

Nice post Chris. It's like you have Whiskey 1.0 and a Whiskey 2.0.
post #9891 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by interlockingny View Post
All are solid options. Do you have any of those styles in Ravello? If so, I would diverse of your shoe collection and go with something different. If you don't have any of those I would get a longwing first, PTB second.
got the cigar PTB a little over a year ago and a ravello chukka is on the way. I also have a longwing in natural chromexcel, suede boot posted a page or 2 back and the LS kudu indy. Whiskey longwing sure looks nice, but I may be looking for something a little simpler. not sure
post #9892 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrich7 View Post
The darkening of whiskey has been talked about, but these are the first pics I think I have seen that really show the difference.

Nice post Chris. It's like you have Whiskey 1.0 and a Whiskey 2.0.

I will line up all my whiskey and ravello soon for a pic, as I believe that ravello is slightly darker also.
post #9893 of 122416
Does any retailer currently carry a cigar shell cordovan boot in either captoe or plain toe in either the true balance or barrie last?
post #9894 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
Does any retailer currently carry a cigar shell cordovan boot in either captoe or plain toe in either the true balance or barrie last?
Closest one would be Epaulet with Cigar Indy's at the moment.
post #9895 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
Does any retailer currently carry a cigar shell cordovan boot in either captoe or plain toe in either the true balance or barrie last?

Alden DC does a cigar shell cap toe on the grant last, but that may not be your cup of tea. Personally, I love my color 8 cap toes on the grant.
post #9896 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrich7 View Post
Alden DC does a cigar shell cap toe on the grant last, but that may not be your cup of tea. Personally, I love my color 8 cap toes on the grant.

I thought their version was on Aberdeen last and commander sole. I bought one the other day from there.
post #9897 of 122416
The AldenDC store has/had grant last captoe #8. You probably bought the boots I tried on! I'm awaiting their #8 Indy in Trubalance last.
post #9898 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuteo101 View Post
I thought their version was on Aberdeen last and commander sole. I bought one the other day from there.

The cigar captoe boot at Alden DC store is on the Grant last. I have a pair.
I believe Sherman Brothers made a captoe boot on the Abrdeen last.
post #9899 of 122416
How does the grant last compare to truebalance/barrie? Hmm, seems like the grant last is similar to the barrie but TTS in regards to width. I'm not sure that this would be suitable for me.
post #9900 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by makewayhomer View Post
lol, and where do you think these places buy their Alden's from? the Alden fairy, who is not effected by factory price increases?

and do you know Shoemart is an actual store you can walk into? I've done it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfull View Post
Same here. If you are talking about H Stockton in Atlanta, I've already asked them about this and they say they will be affected by the increase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananananana View Post
lol, it's the evil Alden retailer cartel.

I'm pretty sure that retailers are locked into a set or minimum price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrythedog View Post
i wish it was! but it's not just shoemart, and it's not just web pricing. it's across the board, web and brick and mortar operations

But it's not. The place local to me hasn't had a price increase and I called them and they said they're not raising their prices. Anyway, even before they did this people were paying 430 for the indy boot and this place is selling it for 385.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.