Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6572post #98566 of 12241612/17/14 at 8:15ampost #98567 of 12241612/17/14 at 8:16ampost #98568 of 12241612/17/14 at 8:17ampost #98569 of 12241612/17/14 at 8:17amQuote:
Let me rephrase - the commando sole is Alden's best for wet weather. However, a lot of times we don't want to wear commando soles. When it comes to wet weather, I have noticed no difference between the double waterlock and the double leather sole. During the week, when I want to wear a shoe during wet weather I typically wear a 990, my RL Marlows or my 9016 (none of which have waterlock soles).
When it comes to single leather soles, I actually prefer the feel of the traditional single leather sole over the "flex" waterlock sole as it is more substantial in wet weather (for example, the 9016 is a better wet weather shoe, IMO, than the black unlined PTB i previously owned).post #98570 of 12241612/17/14 at 8:21ampost #98571 of 12241612/17/14 at 8:21am
Color 8 wingtip boots today. Was gonna ask for some help from @mdubs as some creasing and discoloration are starting to form. I guess I just need to buy another pair!
Got nothin' but love and respect for ya, cousins DV and Dubs!post #98572 of 12241612/17/14 at 8:25amQuote:Hot fire rtp, your boots are just perfect.Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster
Color 8 wingtip boots today. Was gonna ask for some help from @mdubs
as some creasing and discoloration are starting to form. I guess I just need to buy another pair!
Got nothin' but love and respect for ya, cousins DV and Dubs!
Mdubs is the shell whisperer, his boots are the Benjamin buttons of our thread.post #98573 of 12241612/17/14 at 8:28amQuote:
I picture one arm to be of normal size and one to look like Popeye. Kind of like the Bruce banner and incredible hulk of shoe carepost #98574 of 12241612/17/14 at 8:30amQuote:Quote:
Hahaha lost itpost #98575 of 12241612/17/14 at 8:34am
so I heard you alden folks love CHUP socks? Enabled by Mdubs, I see...
Jcrew has selected pairs for about $15 a pop. If you have the additional 10% code, it goes down to $13.50!
Anonymous ism has some for about $18 a pair. By the way, I read that the marled socks aren't that great, but the pattern ones are solid.post #98576 of 12241612/17/14 at 8:37ampost #98577 of 12241612/17/14 at 8:37amQuote:Originally Posted by Burzan
Hahaha lost it
Me too... Thanks DV for the compliment and the Ben Button comment!post #98578 of 12241612/17/14 at 8:41amQuote:
Usually January if I recall correctly. 8% is a bit much... that would mean a $700 pair of shoes/boots would increase to $756. It's probably more like 4-5% is my guess, but I could certainly be wrong. I suppose we shall see...post #98579 of 12241612/17/14 at 8:46amQuote:post #98580 of 12241612/17/14 at 9:08amQuote:Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepsterQuote:Not a fan of the plaza last for shoes (with the exception of one make-up, the LS Semi-brogue in black shell -- looks like the AE Strand). I considered the J Gilbert make-up (NST) on plaza and commando, but not interested.
However, the plaza last for boots are exceptional.
I too am not a huge fan of Plaza lasted shoes.
But for boots, YES!!
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 46 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › New Bally Loafer UK 6.5 F/US 7.5 EEE Rubber Sole 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 12 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 12 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...