I'll come back in a few days to see the Cigar Indy pics after they ban him.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 8:09 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6551post #98251 of 12241612/13/14 at 7:50pmpost #98252 of 12241612/13/14 at 7:50pmpost #98253 of 12241612/13/14 at 7:53pmpost #98254 of 12241612/13/14 at 8:13pmpost #98255 of 12241612/13/14 at 8:23pmpost #98256 of 12241612/13/14 at 8:23pmpost #98257 of 12241612/13/14 at 8:26pmpost #98258 of 12241612/13/14 at 8:36pmQuote:
I had the same decision between LS AG wingtip boot and Leffot AG wingtip boot, went with all eyelets for the cleaner look. You (usually) only put them on once a day.
-Dpost #98259 of 12241612/13/14 at 8:37pmpost #98260 of 12241612/13/14 at 8:42pmpost #98261 of 12241612/13/14 at 9:47pmpost #98262 of 12241612/13/14 at 9:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by sinnedk
1. Just fyi there are several credit cards that don't charge a foreign transaction fee. Also, given you didn't know about it try to call the credit card company and maybe they'll credit you as a courtesy.
2. Argue with UPS re charge, and tell the seller that no one mentioned this to you. Maybe someone will budge.I argued down a charge from fedex they waived it.
Thanks... I don't order much from abroad other than maybe ebay/paypal so it didn't occur to me that one of my CCs may have an extra fee, if I buy there again I'll check the terms on my other cards. The UPS fee was charged COD so fear I may have given up my standing on any dispute by paying on receipt of the box... but I'll give it a whirl.Quote:
Via communication with the seller this evening that theory on the tongue stitching was confirmed. I've never seen this before, across dozens of pairs of Aldens that I've seen/worn secondhand. I would have thought it'd be mentioned in the description. It should be removable though so I am keeping the boots even though the seller offered a free return.Quote:Originally Posted by mdubs
Those holes are a part of the lasting process. They use nails to attach the upper to the last. Most of those nails are on the bottom of the foot below the welt. The only possibly visible hole is right where you are seeing it on the back near one of the seams. I believe that is actually the first nail and how they align the upper on the last. Every pair of Aldens I own have that. Some more visible than others. Hope that helps and makes sense! Have a good Saturday night!
Interesting, thanks both for the info on the holes. This is my only pair of Alden boots/shoes where that hole is visible. So I guess I've been lucky so far! Like I said these are great boots and happy to wear them.post #98263 of 12241612/13/14 at 10:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by zargoz
Via communication with the seller this evening that theory on the tongue stitching was confirmed. I've never seen this before, across dozens of pairs of Aldens that I've seen/worn secondhand. I would have thought it'd be mentioned in the description. It should be removable though so I am keeping the boots even though the seller offered a free return.
it will be, but hopefully the cobbler lined up the stitching on the outside of the boot with aldens original stitch line, so cosmetically it will blend back inpost #98264 of 12241612/13/14 at 10:44pmpost #98265 of 12241612/14/14 at 4:44amThere are a pair of ravello Alden boots listed in the Marketplace right now which have the same pictures from a current eBay listing. I noticed because I was bidding on a different set of boots from the seller on eBay but had also looked at his auction for the ravello boots; the table they were sitting on was recognizable. I messaged both users last night. I got some really questionable responses from the user here on SF. This morning the seller on eBay responded stating he does not have the boots listed on SF.
So what concerns me is some guy joined SF 3 days ago, only has 2 posts, can't string together a complete sentance, is using stolen pictures for a sale ad and has offered to sell me the other boots, which I've been outbid on, outside of eBay and other red flags from messaging with him, I'm calling it fraud.
How would one go about reporting a possible fraudulent sale listing in the Marketplace? Use the email listed in the Marketplace or is there another more direct route? I'm on my phone this weekend and might be missing a "report" button in the thread.
More than anything, I don't want to see someone get scammed for $900.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 27 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 2 minutes ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 9 minutes ago
- › Home slippers 10 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 14 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 15 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 22 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...