So these are unlined??
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6537post #98042 of 12241612/11/14 at 8:17pmpost #98043 of 12241612/11/14 at 8:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by Johnniegold
It is clear that you are disappointed as you have been mulling this over for several days. I know it feels. We all do. There is nothing worse then having that anticipation of waiting for something (dare I say, coveted) only to be disappointed upon its arrival. Alden lovers have become accustomed to this occasionally due to QC issues.
You've laid you're good money down and every time you look down you don't see what all we Alden lovers want to see. A beautifully crafted shoe made from a somewhat exotic leather that will over time develop characteristics and a patina all its own and that will you will continue to marvel at over the next 20+ years.
Instead, when you look down, all you will see is black spots and may be reminded of the lack of customer service you received (whether actual or perceived) and the thought of what might have been had someone else filled your order and mailed those shoes off to you.
Return them. Don't be afraid that you will never be able to get another a pair. If you are persistent, astute (and yes, a little lucky) you will.
Return them. Begin the journey with a different pair. Perhaps with that other pair of Alden that was next on your list.
Return them. Putting on a shoe that leaves you somewhat disappointed is starting your day on the wrong foot.
I waited almost 2 years for a pair of ravello chukkas. Cursing the day that they were readily available and I didn't pull the trigger. But I stayed the course and out of the blue I received an email advising me that a pair were available if I wanted them. (There was smoke coming off my Amex card).
Upon receipt, I noticed each shoe was a somewhat different shade of ravello. Now the rest of Cole Haan-wearing world would not notice that slight deviation but let's say I happen to be walking by mcarthur, he might stop me and say: "Excuse me nephew, I really like those 2 shades of ravello on your chukka. Wear them in good health."
The fact that this particular pair has its own characteristics makes my pockets a little tight. When I look down at this particular pair, well, it just makes me happy.
Why would you settle for anything less?
I like the way you write, makes me feel I am reading a poem...haha!post #98044 of 12241612/11/14 at 8:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by unipair guy
With the cordovan shortage we decided to try out some tankers in suede and calf. Also, a chukka on crepe for winter. The green are my favorites but I would like to hear any feedback you gentlemen have.
Awesome boots! Where'd you get the snuff and green ones from?post #98045 of 12241612/11/14 at 8:27pmpost #98046 of 12241612/11/14 at 8:37pmpost #98047 of 12241612/11/14 at 8:41pmpost #98048 of 12241612/11/14 at 8:42pmpost #98049 of 12241612/11/14 at 8:47pm
Thanks. I googled the name and found his store. Sucks that overseas gets some cool makeups that end up costing as much or more than a shell model does from a stateside store :( He's got several cool pair on his site that I'd love to have!post #98050 of 12241612/11/14 at 8:49pmQuote:
Yeah, I bought these used on eBay. They were pretty beat up, but were only $300ish and they were a size 10.5B (I figured it was a sign!). I actually suspect Kathy may have made them for me, but heard I got a different pair (I bought the 9.5D that I am now trying to sell), and so she sold them to someone else, who beat them up pretty good and then decided they didn't like the fit and so they offloaded them. I figured they would make good beaters. This is actually how they look after I did quite a bit to clean them up. I wasn't sure if we were going to get pounded today with rain like Northern California did, so I wore them as a contingency. Plus I needed to get them out. So thats their story. :-)
Shoe Shine Sunday. Shining a recent eBay pickup. Left done (for now). Right to do. Alden Ravello PTBs. #alden #aldenarmy #aldenshoes #ravelloshellcordovan #shellcordovan #horween #shineyourshoes #AldenDC
A photo posted by @mdubsonsf on Nov 11, 2014 at 6:36pm PST
-Mikepost #98051 of 12241612/11/14 at 9:08pmpost #98052 of 12241612/11/14 at 9:08pm
I'd definitely keep them. When considering anything that seems less than perfect, I would point out that what you are seeing is inherent to the hide and has nothing to do with craftsmanship. Most of the "blotches" that people post are a QC issue--the result of slapdash dyeing by Horween (or Alden?). In your case, those spots were always part of the hide, and they speak to the nature of this beautiful material.post #98053 of 12241612/11/14 at 9:16pmBlack cordovan tanker boot on commando
Color 8 wingtip boot on commando
Day tripper boot in ravello (double flex sole, grant)
Black cordovan captoe on grant
Cigar Indy boot on commando
Which two would you sell if forced - you must keep one black pairpost #98054 of 12241612/11/14 at 9:20pmQuote:
tanker and #8post #98055 of 12241612/11/14 at 9:21pmQuote:
Depends on your desired attire. But, I would do the Black Cap Toes and #8 WT.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › 2 Brand New Pair of Thom Browne Shoes (sizes 10.5 & 10) 3 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 4 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 5 minutes ago
- › Zegna Labels ID's for eBay purchasers (Graphic Intensive) 7 minutes ago
- › NIB Black Church's Cransley II Chelsea Boots - 10.5 US / 9.5 UK 7 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 8 minutes ago
- › NWT $1195 Samuelsohn Performance Suit with Loro Piana Extreme 120's... 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...