or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6525  

post #97861 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by thams View Post
 

I believe the cigar Indy's were from a pre-order from way back.  Just like the Day Trippers, they probably had a few slots open from people who got tired of waiting and dropped out when they posted them on IG.  I'm sure those slots filled fast and then they took names of people for whenever they do another run (whenever that might be).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbo316 View Post
 


I know but I think the debate is whether or not they run lists.

I knew all the slots this time were filled but was assuming they put me on a list for the next run.

I didn't even call them until 3 weeks after the instagram post.

 

I was not on a list or anything prior to the Leffot IG post. I saw the post on IG and emailed Leffot immediately. Paul respond pretty quickly, considering the amount of calls i'm sure the post generated. He said there was a spot and on the run for me. He then sent me the invoice for the standard 20% down. Fast forward to this past weekend...I got the email from Che saying they had arrived.

 

So i think Leffot was just trying to fill a few gaps/spots in an otherwise full order.


Edited by breck81 - 12/10/14 at 7:50am
post #97862 of 122416

BB King tassels

 

post #97863 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by breck81 View Post
 

 

 

I was not on a list or anything prior to the Leffot IG post. I saw the post on IG and emailed Che immediately. He respond pretty quick considering the amount of calls i'm sure the post generated. He said there was a spot and on the run for me. He then sent me the invoice for the standard 20% down. Fast forward to this past weekend...I got the email saying they had arrived.

 

So i think Leffot was just trying to fill a few gaps/spots in an otherwise full order.


FYI...Che is a woman

post #97864 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post
 

^ That is a very nice model.  On my list.

 

Any advice on the Hampton last? I might give it a shot anyways since ShoeMart has a pretty good return policy if they don't fit.

 

Although at that price I'm only $100 away from shell pricing. I'm just not as big a fan of the PTB so I'm really towards these shortwings instead.

post #97865 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post
 


FYI...Che is a woman

Yeah that was a slip on my part. I emailed Che, who i know is a woman. Paul, who i know is a man, was the one who replied to my email. Thanks though for pointing out my error in my rushed SF post. :fonz:

post #97866 of 122416

I know it is whiskey Wednesday, but ravello NST for me today......

 

post #97867 of 122416
Ravello LWBs today
post #97868 of 122416
First ever Whiskey Wenesday for me, finally got around to wearing the PTBs I recently picked up from Alden DC. I got these at a 30% discount because of a small black mark on the right shoe, just below the crease and just above where the lacing starts. It's barely even visible in this picture. Also, it does seem to have a bit of tiger striping on the right shoe, but it's not too extreme and doesn't bother me. Can't complain for brand new Whiskey PTBs at just over $500.

I did notice that these feel slightly roomier than my Cigar LWBs in the same size. The instep is a little high, which is why the quarters are almost touching when laced tightly. I might need to stick a tongue pad in there to help with that.

Along with the Ravello WT boots, I picked up 2 of my grails within the last month! Time for a little breather for at least a few months now.

post #97869 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by breck81 View Post
 

Yeah that was a slip on my part. I emailed Che, who i know is a woman. Paul, who i know is a man, was the one who replied to my email. Thanks though for pointing out my error in my rushed SF post. :fonz:

 

Don't let it happen again!!! LOL  J/K

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLVol View Post
 

I know it is whiskey Wednesday, but ravello NST for me today......

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryIII View Post

Ravello LWBs today Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

First ever Whiskey Wenesday for me, finally got around to wearing the PTBs I recently picked up from Alden DC. I got these at a 30% discount because of a small black mark on the right shoe, just below the crease and just above where the lacing starts. It's barely even visible in this picture. Also, it does seem to have a bit of tiger striping on the right shoe, but it's not too extreme and doesn't bother me. Can't complain for brand new Whiskey PTBs at just over $500.

I did notice that these feel slightly roomier than my Cigar LWBs in the same size. The instep is a little high, which is why the quarters are almost touching when laced tightly. I might need to stick a tongue pad in there to help with that.

Along with the Ravello WT boots, I picked up 2 of my grails within the last month! Time for a little breather for at least a few months now.

Great shoes today, guys! 

post #97870 of 122416

Awesome color on those Whiskeys!

 

lacing definitely looks like they are a bit big. Could probably wear a thin insole to those to take up a bit of volume 

post #97871 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasquirrel View Post

I got my well-loved whiskey Indys back from B. Nelson, sporting a new brick red undercarriage:



No spoiler because these deserve to be seen more. AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING.
post #97872 of 122416

Ravello and cords today

 


Edited by Burzan - 12/10/14 at 10:22am
post #97873 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post
 

BB King tassels

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Looking very good Don L, as usual...

post #97874 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLVol View Post
 

I know it is whiskey Wednesday, but ravello NST for me today......

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

I love them!  Enjoy often and in great health my friend!

post #97875 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryIII View Post

Ravello LWBs today Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

These too!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.