or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6523  

post #97831 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Leffot Day Trippers and Leffot JC Indy
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


nephew,
wear only in good health
post #97832 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post

WOAH! Those look fantastic. I almost sent a pair there but the NY attitude I received on the phone made me think better of it. This work here might have me reconsidering NOT sending shoes here.

nephew,
when you deal with bnelson you must talk to nick. highly recommend.
post #97833 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post

WOAH! Those look fantastic. I almost sent a pair there but the NY attitude I received on the phone made me think better of it. This work here might have me reconsidering NOT sending shoes here.

nephew,
when you deal with bnelson you must talk to nick. highly recommend.

Agreed! Nick was a pleasure to work with.
post #97834 of 122416

Wow amazing posts today, Cigar PTB and Indys, Whiskey Indys, Ravello Daytrippers, choco suede Tankers. Congrats to everyone on the pick ups!

post #97835 of 122416
So jealous of the Day Trippers. Gotta find a size 8E...

Was on the Leffot list but not sure when id get a call.
post #97836 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix1891 View Post
 

Update:

Sent Leffot an email, then I got a little impatient and called instead. Talked to Che. She said that they rather have me return the shoes than give me a discount , because it is normal to see variations in the leather. Basically, "tough luck". 

I passed on 2 other pairs of shoes, including the CJ Whiskey Harlechs and a pair of discounted EG Galways for these shoes. Now I'm kind of kicking myself for going with these.

 

To be honest, for a store like Leffot, I think they should have given me the discount. 

Of course one can never EXPECT a discount in a scenario like this, but these stores know how long we wait for these shoes, and the associated disappointment when we do find imperfections. I understand that it is a "normal variance" of the ravello shade, but the dark freckling is actually a little more noticeable in person, on the lateral side of the shoe (in plain view), and almost 3 inches long.

 

A small gesture of trying to work with me on a discount would have really shown me a lot and I would have repeatedly gone to them for my Alden needs. After my first experience with flawed ravello, now I'm kind of left thinking that it is unethical to even ship these shoes without informing the customer.

 

I'm in the medical field, and I know the impact a small gesture can have in repeat business with a patient. If I let a patient leave without informing the patient about a possible defect, that would definitely be grounds for a lawsuit. I feel similarly about this situation. Maybe I'm just being a little sensitive because I've been thinking about these shoes a little too much the past couple months. :confused:

 

Dude, stop whining and return the shoes. Now, a) you don't find them perfect, or b) want to pay full price for them, but c) still want to keep them. So Leffot should take a hit and go out of their way to indulge you?! Wah! Some vanity that.  

 

It is a known issue with lighter shades and frankly over time one doesn't even notice them. Leffot doesn't owe you a discount, especially not if they are willing to take it back and issue you a full refund. They probably have 10 other people in the wait list who will snag them wthout any questions. 

post #97837 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix1891 View Post

Update:
Sent Leffot an email, then I got a little impatient and called instead. Talked to Che. She said that they rather have me return the shoes than give me a discount , because it is normal to see variations in the leather. Basically, "tough luck". 
I passed on 2 other pairs of shoes, including the CJ Whiskey Harlechs and a pair of discounted EG Galways for these shoes. Now I'm kind of kicking myself for going with these.

To be honest, for a store like Leffot, I think they should have given me the discount. 
Of course one can never EXPECT a discount in a scenario like this, but these stores know how long we wait for these shoes, and the associated disappointment when we do find imperfections. I understand that it is a "normal variance" of the ravello shade, but the dark freckling is actually a little more noticeable in person, on the lateral side of the shoe (in plain view), and almost 3 inches long.

A small gesture of trying to work with me on a discount would have really shown me a lot and I would have repeatedly gone to them for my Alden needs. After my first experience with flawed ravello, now I'm kind of left thinking that it is unethical to even ship these shoes without informing the customer.

I'm in the medical field, and I know the impact a small gesture can have in repeat business with a patient. If I let a patient leave without informing the patient about a possible defect, that would definitely be grounds for a lawsuit. I feel similarly about this situation. Maybe I'm just being a little sensitive because I've been thinking about these shoes a little too much the past couple months. confused.gif

YMMV, I recieved my ravello captoes with a almost dime size black mark on them. The mark was high enough on the shaft of the boot that it will be barely noticeable with that said I have been buying Alden long enough to expect imperfections. I am totally satisfied with my purchase. As other posters have noted with 2 or 3 year waiting lists someone would gladly pay full retail for them. Enjoy your boots!
post #97838 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by circleslife View Post

Dude, stop whining and return the shoes. Now, a) you don't find them perfect, or b) want to pay full price for them, but c) still want to keep them. So Leffot should take a hit and go out of their way to indulge you?! Wah! Some vanity that.  

It is a known issue with lighter shades and frankly over time one doesn't even notice them. Leffot doesn't owe you a discount, especially not if they are willing to take it back and issue you a full refund. They probably have 10 other people in the wait list who will snag them wthout any questions. 

Dayyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
post #97839 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by circleslife View Post
 

 

Dude, stop whining and return the shoes. Now, a) you don't find them perfect, or b) want to pay full price for them, but c) still want to keep them. So Leffot should take a hit and go out of their way to indulge you?! Wah! Some vanity that.  

 

It is a known issue with lighter shades and frankly over time one doesn't even notice them. Leffot doesn't owe you a discount, especially not if they are willing to take it back and issue you a full refund. They probably have 10 other people in the wait list who will snag them wthout any questions. 

Yes and no. You would ask for that anywhere else right? You have a dinged up car at the car dealership, would you pay full MSRP? Your chef messed up your order, wouldn't you ask for a replacement or possibly a free meal depending on how bad they messed up? Ok so those weren't perfect analogies, but you get the point. Why is this any different? So a high demand excuses your store from any form of good will?  I hope you don't run a business. 

 

Yes I understand that the demand is high. That is why I asked for others' opinions about even asking in the first place. But I thought about the matter, and they are still a business right? If they are selling such a popular product, they should also be able to pay the small price to run an ethical/good business. And to be honest, asking a person to return a flawed product so they can sell it to the next person(dummy) in line 1.isn't good form to the first customer, and 2.unethical to the next customer. 


Edited by meowmix1891 - 12/9/14 at 10:11pm
post #97840 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix1891 View Post

Yes and no. You would ask for that anywhere else right? You have a dinged up car at the car dealership, would you pay full MSRP? Your chef messed up your order, wouldn't you ask for a replacement or possibly a free meal depending on how bad they messed up? Ok so those weren't perfect analogies, but you get the point. Why is this any different? So a high demand excuses your store from any form of good will?  I hope you don't run a business. 

Yes I understand that the demand is high. That is why I asked for others' opinions about even asking in the first place. But I thought about the matter, and they are still a business right? If they are selling such a popular product, they should also be able to pay the small price to run an ethical/good business. And to be honest, asking a person to return a flawed product so they can sell it to the next person(dummy) in line 1.isn't good form to the first customer, and 2.unethical to the next customer. 

Well Leffot stated product is not flawed, and by Alden standards it isn't. Whether you want to support that stance is your choice.

Guess it is also a customer by customer basis, if retailer knows customer they may be willing to go out of way to help.
post #97841 of 122416
Only in this world could a business offer a full refund and still be accused of being unreasonable.
post #97842 of 122416
I think the issue is this: for better or worse, on this Alden makeup, demand is far higher than supply. Thus, leffot (and maybe Alden) does not feel like they need to make a concession on the unit because others will gladly take it as it is. You need to make the return, or keep the shoes. It's your choice, and it sucks, but This Is Alden (TIA).

While I sympathize and believe the shoes are closer to seconds than firsts, the expectation for a discount on these shoes may not be realistic. Should they give your money back? Absolutely. Should they offer you a spot on the next run, whenever it may be placed? Probably. Are you entitled to a discount on this pair or something else? Not necessarily. Could they improve their approach to customer service? Certainly.

Customer service is art, not science. And as an aside, I find the car dealership and restaurant analogies a bit clumsy and misplaced. I'm sorry you're disappointed; if I were in your place, I would be pissed. But your anger should probably be more directed at Alden, who sent these shoes out as firsts. leffot is the middleman after all. Good luck.
post #97843 of 122416

Haha I was going to return them even before all this. That initial update was just me posting when I was upset, but I'm over it. The next reply was just me making an attempt to defend myself. I was just venting circleslife, don't hate me lol!

post #97844 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

So jealous of the Day Trippers. Gotta find a size 8E...

Was on the Leffot list but not sure when id get a call.

There is no list. I had been waiting 2+ years for this boot. Pics went up on Instagram and orders were taken. I have confirmed with Leffot that first come, first serve is the way it is and will be moving forward.
post #97845 of 122416

I have a pair of Indy's in the original brown colour & had planned not treating them with anything as waterproofing & conditioning my 1000 mile boots has darkened the leather significantly & left my brown boots looking black in parts...

 

It looks as though I'm moving to Portland oregon & given the amount of rain they get there am looking for a way to protect my indy's from getting waterlogged without darkening the leather...can anyone make any recommendations?

 

thanks

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.