nephew, black shell is infrequently shown on the forum and black tassels are rarely shown. in the marketplace this is not the case
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 11:44 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6516post #97727 of 12241612/8/14 at 6:37pmpost #97728 of 12241612/8/14 at 6:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by tifosi
I've never owned the plantation sole, but I hear they are quite comfy. I'm not a huge fan of the looks so I personally would go neo-cork.
Leffot in NYC ran a pre-order for the tobacco reverse chamois wingtip boot which is due in soon, I belive. (Which I am on)! I have a feeling there may be some units left to purchase. Keep an eye out on Leffot.com.
Thanks, tif. I'll keep an eye out on the Leffot page. Would love to pick up a pair of those!post #97729 of 12241612/8/14 at 10:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by coolarrow
^^Some great models to start out the week!
I'm breaking out the cigar str8 tips. My point and shoot makes them look ravello but they are a little bit darker (flash shot):Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
just awesomeQuote:Originally Posted by Don L
Last day of break-in method
BB # 8 TasselsWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
looking great as usual donl.Quote:Originally Posted by mcarthur
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
black tassel, argyles otc
very nice tassels uncle mac.Quote:
dude, the sole wasn't very clear on my iphone when i checked earlier today.
commando sole is the tie breaker, let me know if you pull the trigger, these would work nicely into your rotation.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by Shawnc
Agreed Tampa. I'm as guilty as anyone in regards to excitement around rare shell's, but it's my color 8's that get the most compliments at work. BTW, those black PTB's looks really slick. Nice laces.
Thanks Mike. One of my favorite and more versatile pair, but for some reason, I don't reach for them very often.
Not seen those before MDV. That is a really nice look. Hey, is that a blade of brown grass I see?Quote:
thanks for the kind words. they were my gateway into the tassel world.
shawnc, yes, my lawn needs tidying up. my guy's getting a call tomorrow.post #97730 of 12241612/8/14 at 11:42pmpost #97731 of 12241612/9/14 at 5:20amWet one today in Tampa Bay! Since its below 60 degrees every girl in my office will be rocking boots. Well, I thought I'd do the same. These are from the @kwhitelaw collection!
#8 Jcrew Cap Toe Shell / Costco Wool Pantspost #97732 of 12241612/9/14 at 6:46amGood Morning Fellow Member's.
I need some advice...
My wife is insisting on getting me a pair of Natural Boots for Christmas.
I am having a hell of a time picking between the Indy and PT both on the trubalance last. I can't decide.
I work in a business casual environment, Khaki's , Button up (Gitman Vintage, BB mostly) flannel/Wool pants... Jeans on Friday
Also quick question about big toe reference to Indy..My big toe goes a hair beyond the Moc Stitching.... I also have the 403 Jcrew and Jcrew Tan Indy... the Jcrew Tan indy fits great in 11.5D, but I find the 403 i am able to wear a thick wool sock or if need be two cotton socks.. I also know i can work with 11E in Trubalance and it feels similar to the 11.5D. Should I try the 11D?? I have also owned 11D in Barrie on Natural PTB and chukka that worked well but I use to get a pair every once in a while behind the ball of my foot.
I currently own the Jcrew Natural Cap Toe Boots, with commando sole. 11.5D Barrie Last....
My Wife should be receiving the PTB from AOS on Barrie last and Double leather sole. I happen to think the Trubalance last looks better.
Also is 11E slightly smaller than 11.5D in Length , Width and Interior room?
Jcrew indy 11.5d 6-7 wears
I am wearing timberland cotton socks.
I look forward to the responses.
Edited by fitchottie - 12/9/14 at 6:59ampost #97733 of 12241612/9/14 at 7:05ampost #97734 of 12241612/9/14 at 7:17ampost #97735 of 12241612/9/14 at 7:18amQuote:Originally Posted by mdubs
Nice looking stuff today guys. I went Alden x Brooks Wingtips.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
keep it classy san diego.Quote:
great boots tampa.post #97736 of 12241612/9/14 at 7:44ampost #97737 of 12241612/9/14 at 8:10amQuote:
I saw these in person a couple of months ago when I stopped by Alden SF.....I am not typiaclly drawn to plain toe shoes or boots.....in fact I have purchased and returned a couple of different plain toe bluchers hoping that they would look better to me in person......however these looked fantastic and would definittely work in the setting you described......they had them in both smooth chamois and natural CXL.....to me the natural CXL on the waterlock sole made for a nice combination.....much sleeker than an Indy type boot.post #97738 of 12241612/9/14 at 8:41amQuote:
It would be a great addition and they are REALLY tempting, but I need to slow down a little. My wife said to me the other day, "You wear boots?" The sudden emergence of wingtip boots have raised red flags! Perhaps a nice Norwegian Split Toe (shoe) would be more furtive! Ha!post #97739 of 12241612/9/14 at 8:42ampost #97740 of 12241612/9/14 at 8:43am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 19 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 57 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 58 seconds ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 11 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...