or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6514  

post #97696 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

Last day of break-in method
BB # 8 Tassels
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



nephew, i like your tassel with argyles, one of alden best models
post #97697 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalair1 View Post

Wearing my Cigar CT boot on commando from Alden DC.  This has become one of my favorite boots.  Very versatile, and durable too!  I can't wait for its cousin the Ravello Daytripper to arrive later this week!

See Ya,
Steve
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
]

nephew looking good in your cigar
post #97698 of 122416
2rd96at.jpg
black tassel, argyles otc
r2s1ee.jpg
post #97699 of 122416
I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post

For some strange reason I really like this new makeup that Need Supply just released:

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

I like those, perhaps good for Summer, too. Are these tapered at the toe at all?
post #97700 of 122416

Need Supply's new natty CXL whole cut doesn't do it for me.  The style (whole cut) with that last (not very sleek) and that leather (hard wearing, rugged) just do not make it a practical shoe in my book.  I am sure there is a stylish way to wear them.  They aren't ugly by any stretch.  I might wear then twice/year if I had a 50 or 100 shoe rotation.  Otherwise they make me ask "why?".

post #97701 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post

For some strange reason I really like this new makeup that Need Supply just released:
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

 

(1) I'm relatively new to nice shoes, but I've never seen a casual wholecut before, and that seems very much like a contradiction in terms.

 

(2) AE's most recently released wholecut was also called Hanover.  Odd coincidence.

post #97702 of 122416

Please humor my noob question: Are these 3 all the same boot? Unionmade and SF have the same model number (JGilbert doesn't list a model), but the color looks different in each pic. Is this just a matter of different lighting, etc.? Plus the pricing is different.

 

http://www.aldenshop.com/Store/DrawProducts.aspx?CategoryID=173&ParentID=4&PageID=&Action=

 

http://unionmadegoods.com/product/alden-mason-indy-boot-in-reverse-tobacco-chamois-40525h/

 

http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/Shoes-Chamois_Indy_Boot_286.htm

 

 

Thanks for the assistance!

post #97703 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post

Please humor my noob question: Are these 3 all the same boot? Unionmade and SF have the same model number (JGilbert doesn't list a model), but the color looks different in each pic. Is this just a matter of different lighting, etc.? Plus the pricing is different.

http://www.aldenshop.com/Store/DrawProducts.aspx?CategoryID=173&ParentID=4&PageID=&Action=

http://unionmadegoods.com/product/alden-mason-indy-boot-in-reverse-tobacco-chamois-40525h/

http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/Shoes-Chamois_Indy_Boot_286.htm


Thanks for the assistance!
Basically the same except the soles.
post #97704 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


Basically the same except the soles.

 

Thanks, tif. Any recommendation on the neo-cork vs the crepe?

 

Also, anyone know of an available tobacco (or other darker brown) suede/chamois WT boot?

post #97705 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post

Thanks, tif. Any recommendation on the neo-cork vs the crepe?

Also, anyone know of an available tobacco (or other darker brown) suede/chamois WT boot?
Funny, I was looking at the same boot over the weekend. JGilbert photos tend to be fairly accurate if a little bit yellow, IME. What's their price for the tobacco chamois?
post #97706 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

2rd96at.jpg
black tassel, argyles otc
r2s1ee.jpg


Really nice tassels Uncle!

 

See Ya,

Steve

post #97707 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post

For some strange reason I really like this new makeup that Need Supply just released:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

No offense, but they are indeed strange IMO. A wholecut in natural chromexcel on the barrie. This takes formal mixed with casual to a new level.
post #97708 of 122416
Love the tassel loafers
Love seeing more black cordovan
post #97709 of 122416

2 new alpine models dropped at leffot.

post #97710 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Doble View Post


No offense, but they are indeed strange IMO. A wholecut in natural chromexcel on the barrie. This takes formal mixed with casual to a new level.

They look like something a really sharp Italian dude would rock the sh*t out of.  It's like Alden trying to channel Berluti.  Super weird.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.