or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 651  

post #9751 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrich7 View Post
How has sizing down a full size on the barrie worked for you?
It's worked out well for me though I don't recommend people try it when doing online orders. Next time you're at a shop, try going down a full size in the Barrie, you might be surprised. It has meant fewer creases/rolls and a sleeker profile for me. Whether this would work for all Barrie-lasted shoes I don't know. Probably varies across models and type of leather. I did order the SWBoot in size 10 because I wanted the extra room for thicker socks. I tried the NST in natural Chromexcel, Barrie, size 10. My heels lift out of them and they just look too big. Great shoe, otherwise. Love the model and the leather.
post #9752 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by cimabue View Post
It's worked out well for me though I don't recommend people try it when doing online orders. Next time you're at a shop, try going down a full size in the Barrie, you might be surprised. It has meant fewer creases/rolls and a sleeker profile for me. Whether this would work for all Barrie-lasted shoes I don't know. Probably varies across models and type of leather.

I did order the SWBoot in size 10 because I wanted the extra room for thicker socks.

I tried the NST in natural Chromexcel, Barrie, size 10. My heels lift out of them and they just look too big.

Great shoe, otherwise. Love the model and the leather.

I know some people who go down a full size on the barrie and up 1 in the width.

Example: A 10D foot could equal a 9E on the Barrie.
post #9753 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post







Greetings! First post...

Lowrider, if you happen to see this, which last are the short wing and v-tip on in these photos? Anyone else able to identify from the photos? Thanks!
post #9754 of 122416
Greetings! Great line-up, lowrider.
post #9755 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by interlockingny View Post
I know some people who go down a full size on the barrie and up 1 in the width.

Example: A 10D foot could equal a 9E on the Barrie.

I've wound up going down a full size on the Barrie in the unlined PTBs. They're borderline too narrow in the toe, but I know they'd be loose through the heel if I went up in width. I only go down 1/2 in calf and shell, although I'm beginning to wonder if I should go down a full size in shell as well.
post #9756 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.laff View Post
Greetings! First post... Lowrider, if you happen to see this, which last are the short wing and v-tip on in these photos? Anyone else able to identify from the photos? Thanks!
Those look like wingtip boots, not shortwings. Small potatoes... EDIT: Hmm, maybe not now that I see the unlined eyelets.
post #9757 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.laff View Post
Greetings! First post...

Lowrider, if you happen to see this, which last are the short wing and v-tip on in these photos? Anyone else able to identify from the photos? Thanks!

the v-tips looks like it's on the modified last...
post #9758 of 122416
the wingtips from Lowrider are Leather Soul Plaza last wing tip boots. I remember from when the pics first appear, and I have the same shoes here: (pictured when they were new)



post #9759 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskyzealot View Post
Which is the sleeker/more-modern last between the Barrie and Grant?

I am going to pick up a pair of cap-toe cordovan boots, I'd ideally get them on the Plaza last, but can't find them in stock anywhere. Would like to buy the closest comparable.

The Aberdeen is a narrower looking last, but I haven't seen it in a captoe. I've had Grant captoe shoes that aren't quite as round as a Barrie shoe, but sleek isn't what comes to mind. I've found the Grant to fit me tts in a shoe but are roomier in a boot.

If you're looking for 'sleek' then maybe another brand would better suit.
post #9760 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post
I've wound up going down a full size on the Barrie in the unlined PTBs. They're borderline too narrow in the toe, but I know they'd be loose through the heel if I went up in width. I only go down 1/2 in calf and shell, although I'm beginning to wonder if I should go down a full size in shell as well.

I take a 10.5D in Tremont, Aberdeen, Van, AND Barrie. Is something wrong with this picture? Yes, Aberdeen's toebox is a little cramped, but it's still the best size for me all around...http://www.styleforum.net//images/smilies/eh.gif
post #9761 of 122416
lowrider's shoes were all from me when he used to live in Hawaii. Cigar Indy, Plaza Wingtip Boot, and 2 Tone Leydon V-Tip.
post #9762 of 122416
FWIW, I picked up the #8 Shortwings recently from Sherman Brothers. Nice guys there. I measured a 13D on the Brannock but fit a 12D in the Tremont last. I might have been able to do an 11.5D, but the 12D should be fine.

Need a black pair, but feel like something in Cigar or Ravello should be next....
post #9763 of 122416
Tom - I've just used your wax, given to me complimentarily by one of your lovely staff, and I must say it is the most fantastic wax I've ever used on shoes, absolutely superb stuff. My 2.5 year old captoe boots are shimmering, I'll take some photos in the morning and post up before I head off to wear them in sunny Barcelona.
post #9764 of 122416
Just got these #8 PTB off of eBay. They have commando soles and are marked Alden Restoration. They came with box, bags and trees. Inside and out, they look and feel brand new so my question is, do all Alden restorations come out like this?
post #9765 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagsun View Post
Just got these #8 PTB off of eBay. They have commando soles and are marked Alden Restoration. They came with box, bags and trees. Inside and out, they look and feel brand new so my question is, do all Alden restorations come out like this?



They did a remarkable job on those. I don't think I've ever seen a restoration that looks that good.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.