or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6496  

post #97426 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post
 

A little glory shot today...

No filters.

The Fair Isle socks from American Trench don't hurt either.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Daaaaaaaaaam! You win. 

post #97427 of 122416
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post
 

Thank you friend.

 

I just added another shell to my collection.  Not much of a boot guy, but I love my new ravello wingtip boot so much, I quickly snagged a BNIB color 8 version when I stumbled across it on the Bay the other day (sweet deal at $520).  Can't find any issues with it; they are first quality from TSM.  I snapped a quick pic indoors, but this pic doesn't do this boot any justice.  Natural light outdoors is usually my preferred setting, but wanted to get this out tonight.

 

Those will be a nice addition, buddy.  

 

On a somewhat related note, do you guys know which J crews have some Indy boots to physically try-on?  This could be anywhere in the country. Thanks.

post #97428 of 122416


Its always been hit or miss for me. Haven't found a Jcrew that stocks them, just ones that somebody has returned an online purchase in-store.

post #97429 of 122416

Finally stopped raining here in PA, so the Hallecks are on their maiden voyage. These are my first Aldens. No turning back now!

 

post #97430 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post
 

A little glory shot today...

No filters.

The Fair Isle socks from American Trench don't hurt either.

It don't get much better than those shoes right there. We should all be so lucky. +1

post #97431 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolarrow View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post
 

Thank you friend.

 

I just added another shell to my collection.  Not much of a boot guy, but I love my new ravello wingtip boot so much, I quickly snagged a BNIB color 8 version when I stumbled across it on the Bay the other day (sweet deal at $520).  Can't find any issues with it; they are first quality from TSM.  I snapped a quick pic indoors, but this pic doesn't do this boot any justice.  Natural light outdoors is usually my preferred setting, but wanted to get this out tonight.

 

Those will be a nice addition, buddy.  

 

On a somewhat related note, do you guys know which J crews have some Indy boots to physically try-on?  This could be anywhere in the country. Thanks.

 

I believe the Ludlow Shop at Copley Place in Boston has some Aldens, but I'm not sure the Indy is one of them.

post #97432 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by breck81 View Post

It don't get much better than those shoes right there. We should all be so lucky. +1

I still regret passing on a pair of these in good condition at a very reasonable price.
post #97433 of 122416
I've got a pair of Aldens on, but I have a cold. Still OK to wear?
post #97434 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post

Finally stopped raining here in PA, so the Hallecks are on their maiden voyage. These are my first Aldens. No turning back now!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


That's quite a first pair! Wow. Congrats. So, what is going to be your 2nd pair?
post #97435 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

 
you wear them well rtp. very nice shoes.
Thank you friend.

I just added another shell to my collection.  Not much of a boot guy, but I love my new ravello wingtip boot so much, I quickly snagged a BNIB color 8 version when I stumbled across it on the Bay the other day (sweet deal at $520).  Can't find any issues with it; they are first quality from TSM.  I snapped a quick pic indoors, but this pic doesn't do this boot any justice.  Natural light outdoors is usually my preferred setting, but wanted to get this out tonight.


Great boots - both.

And you will, over time, come to love the color 8 version even more than the ravello version. peepwall[1].gifbiggrin.gif
post #97436 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolarrow View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post
 

Thank you friend.

 

I just added another shell to my collection.  Not much of a boot guy, but I love my new ravello wingtip boot so much, I quickly snagged a BNIB color 8 version when I stumbled across it on the Bay the other day (sweet deal at $520).  Can't find any issues with it; they are first quality from TSM.  I snapped a quick pic indoors, but this pic doesn't do this boot any justice.  Natural light outdoors is usually my preferred setting, but wanted to get this out tonight.

 

Those will be a nice addition, buddy.  

 

On a somewhat related note, do you guys know which J crews have some Indy boots to physically try-on?  This could be anywhere in the country. Thanks.

 

I believe the Ludlow Shop at Copley Place in Boston has some Aldens, but I'm not sure the Indy is one of them.


Much thanks CoolArrow!

 

Also, I was at the J Crew at the Rock last week and I'm pretty sure they had Indies stocked there.  I can't say for sure and how well stocked they are.  You should call.

post #97437 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post


Great boots - both.

And you will, over time, come to love the color 8 version even more than the ravello version. peepwall[1].gifbiggrin.gif

The double leather soles and the ankle support makes them heavenly for a guy with broken down joints.  I'm happy just feeling comfortable all day long.  However, I don't know SFTG... that's a mighty big shift to come!  I suppose it is possible.  I do wear my 975s more often than my ravello LWBs.

post #97438 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post


That's quite a first pair! Wow. Congrats. So, what is going to be your 2nd pair?

Geez Tampa....he's not even finished breaking in that pair!!

post #97439 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post


That's quite a first pair! Wow. Congrats. So, what is going to be your 2nd pair?

 

Thanks! Not sure on the next pair, but most likely another pair of boots (or chukkas). Maybe a pair of Indys or a pair of dark brown or tobacco in suede or reverse chamois, if I can find them.

post #97440 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
 

 

Thanks! Not sure on the next pair, but most likely another pair of boots (or chukkas). Maybe a pair of Indys or a pair of dark brown or tobacco in suede or reverse chamois, if I can find them.

There is a run of reverse chamois wingtip boots due in from Leffot soon. Maybe there will be some extra pairs on that order if you are interested in those.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.