or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6451  

post #96751 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post

@mdubs You've prompted me to break out my suede LHS today too. #NeverEnoughSnuff

To answer @walds11 question: The Snuff Suede IMO goes with Olive, Dark Brown, Darker Washed Denim, Khaki, and really any colored khaki except Black I'd say

I have a pair of snuff suede Indy boots and they go with all of the above. The tan suede is lighter in color and doesn't go with all the above in my opinion. Or does it?
post #96752 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post

I have a pair of snuff suede Indy boots and they go with all of the above. The tan suede is lighter in color and doesn't go with all the above in my opinion. Or does it?

I would agree with you there. I have a pair of NST Suede Bluchers that @tifosi made me buy at gunpoint (I believe that's the story). I have found those can pull off nearly the same colors but could go with even lighter colors IMO.
post #96753 of 122416
Hi I need some sizing advice. I normally wear 11.5d or 11e in barrie and trubalance. I went to bb to try on tassel in size 12 d... The ball area was a little snug but the heel felt loose and I had forward and back movement . I tried them on with a pair of dress socks. Not sure what size to try next, these are in the Aberdeen last.
post #96754 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitchottie View Post

Hi I need some sizing advice. I normally wear 11.5d or 11e in barrie and trubalance. I went to bb to try on tassel in size 12 d... The ball area was a little snug but the heel felt loose and I had forward and back movement . I tried them on with a pair of dress socks. Not sure what size to try next, these are in the Aberdeen last.

Maybe try a 12.5C or B if at all possible. Not sure. It may be that the last just doesn't work for your feet. But I am a 10.5C TTS and wear 11B on the Aberdeen.
post #96755 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Uncle, those are superb!

nephew, thank you
post #96756 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handcuffed View Post


[/SPOILER]
907s for a NYC wedding yesterday

nephew, good shine on your black st. are you wearing a tux
post #96757 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Suede Sunday.


nephew, looking good in your suede lhs
post #96758 of 122416

Hi all...just wondering if anyone knows of any lined dark green suede makeups other than those offered by J.Gilbert (out of my 7.5D size) or LeatherSoul (too many nasty phone responses to want to do business with them) on a Barrie last with a double oak, double waterlock, commando, suede, or lug sole? 

 

Also, thanks for the heads-up on the Haberdash sale.  Picked up a pair of the brown suede lug sole chukkas.  Great deal.

 

Thanks again for your help!


Edited by smmrfld - 11/23/14 at 2:01pm
post #96759 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by smmrfld View Post
 

Hi all...just wondering if anyone knows of any dark green suede makeups other than those offered by J.Gilbert (out of my 7.5D size) or LeatherSoul (too many nasty phone responses to want to do business with them) on a Barrie last with a double oak, double waterlock, commando, or lug sole? 

 

Thanks for your help!


alden madison has some green suede makeups iirc

post #96760 of 122416

king lhs, argyles otc
post #96761 of 122416

<<<alden madison has some green suede makeups iirc>>>


Thanks...looks like they only have one makeup right now, and it's on the Leydon last.

post #96762 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by smmrfld View Post

Hi all...just wondering if anyone knows of any dark green suede makeups other than those offered by J.Gilbert (out of my 7.5D size) or LeatherSoul (too many nasty phone responses to want to do business with them) on a Barrie last with a double oak, double waterlock, commando, suede, or lug sole? 

Also, thanks for the heads-up on the Haberdash sale.  Picked up a pair of the brown suede lug sole chukkas.  Great deal.

Thanks again for your help!

A lot of shops got them all at the same time. Alden DC and SF also has some Hunter Green Suede models as well.
post #96763 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post

I would agree with you there. I have a pair of NST Suede Bluchers that @tifosi made me buy at gunpoint (I believe that's the story). I have found those can pull off nearly the same colors but could go with even lighter colors IMO.

I am just thinking if 2 pairs of suede Indy's would be over kill. I have a pair of snuff suede Indy's with from Alden SF. They have the double waterlock leather sole with a 360 degree welt. The tan suede makeups from Need Supply have a commando sole, 270 degree welt and no speed hooks. Those are the main differences. I really like the commando sole. Hmm, decisions, decisions...
post #96764 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

king lhs, argyles otc

Uncle, those are as beautiful as always! Two Sunday's in a row! Those are some lucky LHSes! :-)

I have always liked the antique edge on these. Maybe Leffot could start doing an Alden x Leffot LHS?

-Mike
post #96765 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by smmrfld View Post

Hi all...just wondering if anyone knows of any lined dark green suede makeups other than those offered by J.Gilbert (out of my 7.5D size) or LeatherSoul (too many nasty phone responses to want to do business with them) on a Barrie last with a double oak, double waterlock, commando, suede, or lug sole? 

Also, thanks for the heads-up on the Haberdash sale.  Picked up a pair of the brown suede lug sole chukkas.  Great deal.

Thanks again for your help!

Leffot has a shortwing in Hunter Green

011_zps03963320.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.