or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6381  

post #95701 of 122416
Anybody here owns the Michigan boot? Wondering if people go TTS or 1/2'size down , boot is on Van last and I keep hearing that boots on Barrie fit smaller than shoes , if same theory applies to Van boots I guess TTS should be the way to go?

Thanks.
post #95702 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post
 

I don't think this question has been asked in a while so hopefully I can be forgiven for asking it . . . does anyone know of any cigar tanker lists that one could get on?  I know LS did a run a few years ago but it seems to be a unicorn nowadays.  TIA.


sorry homey. pure unicorn now.

would make for a feeding frenzy if someone else offered them now.

 

Yeah, I figured as much.  Thanks for confirming.  At least now I can just get on with my (shoe) life.

post #95703 of 122416
Can anyone shed some light on this boot?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321575655457?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I have never seen it before but think its my new grail. If only these were a 10 or 10.5 D.

I have the TSM Ravello WT boot on the way and am not excited/ don't really want them. Anyone have this boot and want to trade?
post #95704 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefok View Post


half size for boot is not significant. 11.5D should work for you. I will take 11.5D(Bronze eyelets) if I were you.

My experience is different. My brannock size is 7.5e. I have tried 8d in grant and they felt like clown shoes. My advice I s to get shoes that fit you, not shoes that don't.
post #95705 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by coinopcollector View Post

Can anyone shed some light on this boot?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321575655457?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I have never seen it before but think its my new grail. If only these were a 10 or 10.5 D.

I have the TSM Ravello WT boot on the way and am not excited/ don't really want them. Anyone have this boot and want to trade?

It was a recent run likely meant for an overseas retailer. Something happened and DC sold it instead. About a dozen pair and all E width. Nice example of why Alden needs more Aberdeen boots.

post #95706 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouldaville View Post

It was a recent run likely meant for an overseas retailer. Something happened and DC sold it instead. About a dozen pair and all E width. Nice example of why Alden needs more Aberdeen boots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coinopcollector View Post

Can anyone shed some light on this boot?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321575655457?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I have never seen it before but think its my new grail. If only these were a 10 or 10.5 D.

I have the TSM Ravello WT boot on the way and am not excited/ don't really want them. Anyone have this boot and want to trade?

Exactly, but I had heard that she only got about 6 pairs.
post #95707 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenwear View Post

My experience is different. My brannock size is 7.5e. I have tried 8d in grant and they felt like clown shoes. My advice I s to get shoes that fit you, not shoes that don't.

I think its not the same case, as he already tried on the actual shoes rather than using the brannock as a convecter.
post #95708 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix1891 View Post

Hope to bump into you somewhere in Philly. I have yet to come across a fellow alden/shell cordovan fan. Would be great to spot some ravello wt boots out in the wild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisefi View Post

I live in Conshohocken and work out in Malvern. You?

I wish there was an SF Alden meet up!
I'm only about 20 min outside of Philly and I'd be on an Alden meet up!
post #95709 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


I'm only about 20 min outside of Philly and I'd be on an Alden meet up!

I'm up for it!
post #95710 of 122416
Y'all should do a meet up down here in Tampa in a month or so! #NoSaltStains
post #95711 of 122416

only alden I can pack when going to FLL are 986 , I dont know how you do it 

post #95712 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post



Exactly, but I had heard that she only got about 6 pairs.

I'd trust your memory over mine...I was too sad sending my pair back. I think another member in Chicago ended up with it. It was also a 9.5E like the listing, but without the Horween stamp.

post #95713 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by coinopcollector View Post

Can anyone shed some light on this boot?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321575655457?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I have never seen it before but think its my new grail. If only these were a 10 or 10.5 D.

I have the TSM Ravello WT boot on the way and am not excited/ don't really want them. Anyone have this boot and want to trade?

 

I have nothing to trade other than dollars, but I would take the Ravello WT off your hands for you if they're 10D

post #95714 of 122416
Looking for help if possible from other forum members. I am trying to locate a maker or company that has a #8!color close to it o-ring belt. I have not had any luck yet finding a source. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
post #95715 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

Back to the shoe buffing, now got the pile of shoes in the "To Do" list back under control!!! Just got to finish my Cigars and then do Ravellos/Whiskeys... :-)

 

So far I have done the:

  • Cigar LHSes
  • Cappuccino Jeffersons
  • Cigar PTBs on Plaza
  • Cigar Cap Toe Bluchers
  • Cigar "Alt Wien" Boots

 

Still to do today:

  • Marlow WT Bluchers
  • Lindricks WT Boots
  • Ravello LWBs from JCrew
  • Ravello PTBs

 

Tomorrow is Whiskey Buff Monday (although I may move some to today...):

  • Whiskey LHSes
  • Whiskey Full-Straps
  • Whiskey Wingtip Balmorals
  • Whiskey Cap Toe Boots by C&J

 

Gosh... :-/

 

-Mike


pics? :bounce2:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.