or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6371  

post #95551 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouldaville View Post
 

A few wears on these now...pleased with the no cap creasing (wasn't so lucky with an uneven 4060 cap).

 

 

Those are some wonderful looking boots! I think they will be added to my wish list.

post #95552 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

Speaking of Harrison Ltd. Here are their Cigar Plain Toe Bluchers (Dover Style) made around the Plaza Last. Finally got them out for their maiden voyage today. Very cool spin on the classic PTB shoe.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

-Mike

These are a perfect make up, put them in the A rotation list!

post #95553 of 122416

Day one for these.

 

post #95554 of 122416

Cigar Indys on Barrie

 

post #95555 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Planner View Post

Unfortunately, I've spent so much on shoes lately that I no longer have any use for a money clip. lol8[1].gif
Funny and sad because I completely understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouldaville View Post

A few wears on these now...pleased with the no cap creasing (wasn't so lucky with an uneven 4060 cap).
Sweet looking boots sir.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

Giving them a spin at the office today, I get to excited for new shoes and have to wear them right away.
I love that color. Are they whiskey or ravello?
post #95556 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by z8k1n View Post
 

Cigar Indys on Barrie

 


Indy in Barrie? They look quite Tru-balance to me. But the shade is amazing. Where are those from?

post #95557 of 122416
Sorry for asking another sizing question in this thread, but I'm looking to buy my first pair of Alden's, the Roy boot (Trubalance last). I don't own any Aldens so I'm not sure how to size, could anyone please offer some advice?

I wear:
9 in Redwing GT
9 in Redwing Postman (they fit ok but probably could've gotten 9.5)
9.5 in Clarks DB
9.5 in Converse chuck taylor
10 in Adidas and Vans
10-10.5 in Nikes

my foot measures about 10.5", not sure if I need a size 9 or 9.5. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
post #95558 of 122416
Now I'm hoping Alden DC is a little late on processing my Whiskey PTBs....just got notification from TSM that the Ravello Wingtip Boots have shipped! I thought I would get a heads up that they have arrived and would be shipping soon, but I just got an email with a tracking number, so they're on the way!

Now, the last thing I should do at this point is complain.......but, I moved recently and the boots are shipping to my old address. TSM should probably confirm addresses before shipping when they have customers waiting on pre-orders for months. Luckily, they shipped via FedEx so I should be able to log in to my account and have them held at the local FedEx location and I can probably pick them up there. As long as there are no issues then I should have these in hand sometime next week!
post #95559 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post



I love that color. Are they whiskey or ravello?

 

Whiskey

post #95560 of 122416
Mac, those are just absolutely glorious!!! The color and shape on those are impeccable!!! I LOVE the Plaza Last and it just looks amazing with Wingtips... Most under utilized design and last by Alden without a doubt. Shame, because it is their best last, particularly for boots.

-Mike
[/quote]

nephew, thank you
post #95561 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Speaking of Harrison Ltd. Here are their Cigar Plain Toe Bluchers (Dover Style) made around the Plaza Last. Finally got them out for their maiden voyage today. Very cool spin on the classic PTB shoe.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
-Mike

nephew, good looking combo, wear your cigar only in good health
post #95562 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post


outstanding uncle mac. the cigar and marcolianis are like peas and carrots.
and yes... last, color, design. why wont alden do more of this?


nephew, thank you
post #95563 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

Now I'm hoping Alden DC is a little late on processing my Whiskey PTBs....just got notification from TSM that the Ravello Wingtip Boots have shipped! I thought I would get a heads up that they have arrived and would be shipping soon, but I just got an email with a tracking number, so they're on the way!

Now, the last thing I should do at this point is complain.......but, I moved recently and the boots are shipping to my old address. TSM should probably confirm addresses before shipping when they have customers waiting on pre-orders for months. Luckily, they shipped via FedEx so I should be able to log in to my account and have them held at the local FedEx location and I can probably pick them up there. As long as there are no issues then I should have these in hand sometime next week!

 

I just got the following email from TSM regarding my ravello wingtip boot preorder:

 

We just wanted to update you that your order from TheShoeMart has been updated to 'Backordered'.

 

I wonder if this means that my size wasn't in this group.

post #95564 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Great pics all around the past few days gents. Well done indeed.

Maiden voyage of the indys today. First rolls of the voyage.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


nephew, good looking indy, wear only in good health
post #95565 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefok View Post
 


Indy in Barrie? They look quite Tru-balance to me. But the shade is amazing. Where are those from?

Yes/Barrie, they came from the very cool&helpful Robert from AldenS.F. maybe 2.5yrs ago.

 

They have a serious tear on one side:

which would be a bummer but once I get distracted by the shade of the boot I ignore it because I get mesmerized by the depth of color and what were we talking about again? 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.