or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6370  

post #95536 of 122416

A few wears on these now...pleased with the no cap creasing (wasn't so lucky with an uneven 4060 cap).

 

post #95537 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Doble View Post


Sevenfoldtieguy is the authority on Alden for BB lasts, but I'm essentially certain the calf PTB is on the Barrie, whereas the shell PTB is on the M-58.

I'm less certain about the CTB. I'd guess Snap, which is supposed to fit like the Hampton.

 

 

Went with Barrie size and grabbed the brown plain toe, couldn't resist and I love the exposed eyelets. Fingers crossed.

post #95538 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLVol View Post

maiden voyage for my cigar cap toe boots today.....can't believe I kept these boxed up for so long.


I call that the pickling process
post #95539 of 122416

Anyone know what last is the BB shell Tassel loafers on? Thanks!

post #95540 of 122416

Just for grins, if it was the zombie apocalypse. Which pair of boots would you throw on to get you through?

 

I'd go with the shell parajumpers on the commando sole, or my viberg service boots.

post #95541 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefok View Post
 

Anyone know what last is the BB shell Tassel loafers on? Thanks!


Aberdeen

post #95542 of 122416
Just catching up on the forum. Age: 42 / First Alden: King CT Blucher 3 years ago / Total now: 10

Whiskey PTBs yesterday


Snuff LWBs today
post #95543 of 122416

Apparently Harrison's Whiskey Shell (short) wingtip bluchers on Aberdeen are nearly gone.  I was third on the list for my size, with only two per size delivered.  If you are interested they have an 11D in stock!  Should be a great make-up; wish I could have been second on the list...  I'm assuming they will look like the 966 only in shell.  Looking forward to seeing some pics!

post #95544 of 122416

Snuff LWBs today for me too...

 

post #95545 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post
 

Apparently Harrison's Whiskey Shell (short) wingtip bluchers on Aberdeen are nearly gone.  I was third on the list for my size, with only two per size delivered.  If you are interested they have an 11D in stock!  Should be a great make-up; wish I could have been second on the list...  I'm assuming they will look like the 966 only in shell.  Looking forward to seeing some pics!

 

Posted on Instagram yesterday by them.

 

post #95546 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

Posted on Instagram yesterday by them.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



this is gold. Like it a lot.
post #95547 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by epc2 View Post

Also the brown calf captoes bluchers are on sale for $149 ,limited sizes though.

Thanks for the PSA - just picked up the brown bluchers. I'm hoping a 12C works for me, and at only $149 I had to give it a shot!

@Burzan those whiskey PTBs look great! Were you on a pre-order with Alden DC? I reserved a pair months ago, and they confirmed my size would be on this run, but I haven't gotten a call from them. I tried following up with Kathy but haven't heard back yet.
post #95548 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post
 

Apparently Harrison's Whiskey Shell (short) wingtip bluchers on Aberdeen are nearly gone.  I was third on the list for my size, with only two per size delivered.  If you are interested they have an 11D in stock!  Should be a great make-up; wish I could have been second on the list...  I'm assuming they will look like the 966 only in shell.  Looking forward to seeing some pics!

yea same here....third on the lost...

 

it's all good though, i rather pace myself...especially with these types of purchases. no complaints on my end if I have to wait another year or so. 

 

I wonder how close are they to the marlows, in terms of shading ?

post #95549 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post


Thanks for the PSA - just picked up the brown bluchers. I'm hoping a 12C works for me, and at only $149 I had to give it a shot!

@Burzan those whiskey PTBs look great! Were you on a pre-order with Alden DC? I reserved a pair months ago, and they confirmed my size would be on this run, but I haven't gotten a call from them. I tried following up with Kathy but haven't heard back yet.

 

Yeah they were from the recent run from what I understand, I was on the list for about 5 months but far down I wasn't expecting a call. Lucky for me a few people dropped out in my size. I would say just give her a call at the store, I think they have been pretty busy lately. 

 

Giving them a spin at the office today, I get to excited for new shoes and have to wear them right away haha.

 

 

post #95550 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post
 


Aberdeen


Thanks!! I hope they would restock my size.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.