or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6364  

post #95446 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeem View Post

damn those anatomica ravello ptb look good! but too many $$$ for me. I was quoted $1200 + shipping, correct?

I was charged euro 880 + 60 shipping = 940 euro
post #95447 of 122416

47, recently discovered Alden shoes, working on alot of new shoes since June of this year.

 

These are from AOC, CXL, wingtips on commando

post #95448 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Volante View Post

Maiden voyage today for the reverse chamois lwb I picked up from Winn Perry. I haven't heard much about these on here, so my guess is they aren't for everyone. I'm pretty far on the casual side of things so they work for me.

-Horween Reverse Chamois
-Antique Edge
-Double Waterlock Sole
-Barrie Last






saw these in person during my trip to portland this week.  very cool shoe and i love the reverse chamois.  it's great.

post #95449 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post

I was charged euro 880 + 60 shipping = 940 euro
that is $1165.60
post #95450 of 122416
Excluding shipping -- about $300 too much
post #95451 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisod View Post

Excluding shipping -- about $300 too much

Opinion is not fact. Could be argued that for a multitude of reasons these are still a good value. But I'm not motivated enough to do so
post #95452 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post


Opinion is not fact. Could be argued that for a multitude of reasons these are still a good value. But I'm not motivated enough to do so

Lol.  I started writing an argument as to why the extra $300 is perfectly legit if these suit your taste -- rare shell, rare design, rare last -- then gave up and started warming some bottles.

post #95453 of 122416
value is subjective, but if one can afford to buy those, then why not.

but knowing what alden prices normally are, I can't justify it to myself to pay for the markup. just like I refuse to pay more than retail for nikes/jordans.
post #95454 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post
 

Lol.  I started writing an argument as to why the extra $300 is perfectly legit if these suit your taste -- rare shell, rare design, rare last -- then gave up and started warming some bottles.

You offer valuable perspective, my friend.


Edited by bkotsko - 11/6/14 at 12:30pm
post #95455 of 122416
In the pursuit of individual happiness. Guess it is mostly worth it, considering €1000 will only buy you a pair of plain Jane John Lobb Paris RTW.
post #95456 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisod View Post

Excluding shipping -- about $300 too much

thanks for your opinion. If Anatomica had same PT boots in Cigar I wold buy it as well. That's about $600 too much in your opinion.

Maybe I should put these on the Bay just for fun and Japanese market will offer similar price as #4 that were sold for over 3K.

have a good day.
post #95457 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post


thanks for your opinion. If Anatomica had same PT boots in Cigar I wold buy it as well. That's about $600 too much in your opinion.

Maybe I should put these on the Bay just for fun and Japanese market will offer similar price as #4 that were sold for over 3K.

have a good day.

 

Great new avi!

post #95458 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

Great new avi!

thanks Burzan!

can't wait to get it.
post #95459 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post


thanks Burzan!

can't wait to get it.

 

Prompted me to finally change mine to my fav pair at the moment.

post #95460 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Opinion is not fact. Could be argued that for a multitude of reasons these are still a good value. But I'm not motivated enough to do so
sorry I miss- stated the obvious. $300 more than the average price rare shell from anyone in the USA or fransboone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.