or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6335  

post #95011 of 122416

A little "Brownvello" for me on this Halloween Friday.

 

post #95012 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post

The laces almost touch near the top of the laces with all my boots (Alden Indy Snuff Suede, Wolverine Courtland 1000 Mile boots and Red Wing Iron Rangers). For me it's a case of skinny ankles

From reading your posts, it sounds like you should try a smaller size.

I think if I were going to wear only thin dress socks the smaller size would work but with I'm finding that with thicker socks I can ease up on the laces and be comfortable. The length and instep location work for me. I have pretty skinny ankles too and flat feet with little meat so I think that's part of it. Good to know I'm not the only one tongue.gif
post #95013 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh1ny View Post

I think if I were going to wear only thin dress socks the smaller size would work but with I'm finding that with thicker socks I can ease up on the laces and be comfortable. The length and instep location work for me. I have pretty skinny ankles too and flat feet with little meat so I think that's part of it. Good to know I'm not the only one tongue.gif

I wear medium weight socks with boots, definitely more comfortable than wearing thin socks.

I just received the Indy Snuff Suede boots from Alden SF. The 8.5D is a little roomy. My foot is border line C/D width. I am going to a local Alden shop today or tomorrow to get sized. I wear a size 8.5D in the Wolverine 1000 Mile boot. It fits fine. The Alden Indy with the Trubalance last is probably a little more roomy than the Wolverine, so an 8D may do the trick. Alden doesn't make narrow widths in the special run boots. What do you think?
post #95014 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLVol View Post

For those with recently acquired LWBs.....how much room do you have in the toe box?

I have slipped on the whiskey LWBs I recently purchsaed from Alden SF, and the widest part of my foot seems to line up with the widest part of the shoe but it feels like there is a TON of room in the toes.

I order 10.5B to help combat the Barrie massive toe box. I used to have a ton of 10Ds but have sold almost all of them. That's just the feature of the Barrie last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Planner View Post

@mdubs - Those black shell LWBs look outstanding. I need some black shoes in my life and those are high on my list.

Michigan, definitely need to get some black. The great part of getting a classic like the 9751, is even special widths can be made at any time.

-Mike
post #95015 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

A little "Brownvello" for me on this Halloween Friday.



BK, love the Brownvello PTBs!
post #95016 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post


I order 10.5B to help combat the Barrie massive toe box. I used to have a ton of 10Ds but have sold almost all of them. That's just the feature of the Barrie last.
 

 

I have other barrie shoes/boots in the same size, but these seem to be even roomier....

post #95017 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLVol View Post

I have other barrie shoes/boots in the same size, but these seem to be even roomier....

Gotcha. That is kind of annoying then. Sorry to hear that.
post #95018 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLVol View Post

I have other barrie shoes/boots in the same size, but these seem to be even roomier....

That's been my experience too - I have Barrie lasted PTBs and the J.Crew captoe boots and the LWB I got seem like they have much more room in the toe.
post #95019 of 122416
Pristine vs Patina - what a couple years of light wear look like:









Posting because *cough - they're for sale - cough - see my sig - cough*
post #95020 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post

Pristine vs Patina - what a couple years of light wear look like:
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Posting because *cough - they're for sale - cough - see my sig - cough*

I would be all over these if I wasn't on the Day Tripper pre-order due to come in any day now.  Amazing boots, dark spots and all.

post #95021 of 122416

Kathy, please please please call me soon.  Please…

post #95022 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanAnderson View Post


That's been my experience too - I have Barrie lasted PTBs and the J.Crew captoe boots and the LWB I got seem like they have much more room in the toe.

 

Ryan-

If they are sized like your other barries, did you just wear them and get acclimated to the fee?

post #95023 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLVol View Post
 

 

Ryan-

If they are sized like your other barries, did you just wear them and get acclimated to the fee?

 

sorry....feel

post #95024 of 122416
Definite return or flip em
Quote:
Originally Posted by epc2 View Post

Here are a few pics in different lighting , they're nice but I'm dissapointed with Alden color inconsistency , TSM batch is way lighter than these and what whiskey should really look like IMHO, I don't think it's worth to keep them both,they're too close.



post #95025 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanAnderson View Post

That's been my experience too - I have Barrie lasted PTBs and the J.Crew captoe boots and the LWB I got seem like they have much more room in the toe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLVol View Post

I have other barrie shoes/boots in the same size, but these seem to be even roomier....

Which store? My ravello AoC lwb feel like they are lasted much looser compared to other pairs of barrie I have as well. Also inner leather lining is a bit wavy which would seem to indicate shoe wasn't pulled fully tight? Lwb have fit slightly larger in my experience but recent pair feels extra large
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.