Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 10:52 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6321post #94801 of 12241610/27/14 at 5:51pmpost #94802 of 12241610/27/14 at 5:51pmQuote:
Congrats and welcome to the thread! Be forewarned, living that close to TSM could be a very dangerous thing! When the 2nds lists come out, you could go straight there and snag their best offerings before the phones start ringing!
Great first boot too!post #94803 of 12241610/27/14 at 6:13pmpost #94804 of 12241610/27/14 at 6:15pmQuote:
Congrats! Those are my FAVORITE black shell. I wish I could wear suits/formal attire more often to justify purchasing black shell captoe boots. I think black shell captoe boots + navy suit=sexiest outfit ever.post #94805 of 12241610/27/14 at 6:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by BFisher244
Long time reader, first time posting.
I finally took the plunge and got my 1st pair of shell cordovan. I have lived 5 minutes from the shoe mart for 8 years and just went there FINALLY for the 1st time.
They are black cap toe shell cordovan boots. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)src="http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/1483879/width/350/height/700/flags/LL" style="; width: 349px; height: 620px">
welcome to the forum, wear your boots in good healthpost #94806 of 12241610/27/14 at 6:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by walds11
Hey guys, I need some help with Alden Indy boot sizing. I haven't been fitted in ages. I am generally a size 9D. I have a pair of Wolverine Courtland 1000 Mile boots in size 8.5D. That's what the guy at the shoe store recommended and they fit great. I swear my feet are slightly narrower than a D. Anyway...
I just received a pair of Alden Indy Snuff Suede boots in size 8.5D from Alden SF. These boots are the bomb and super comfy right out of the box. After trying them on in the house for a bit, they fit great, just have to get used to the roomy Trubalance last. The leather on each side at the top of the boot almost touches when you lace them up. Does that make sense? Same thing with my Wolverines. I have skinny, chicken leg ankles. Would a narrow width or smaller size correct this "issue?" Is this something I am going to have to live with since I have skinny ankles?
All my boots fit this way. I never thought that it was a problem.post #94807 of 12241610/27/14 at 6:37pmpost #94808 of 12241610/27/14 at 6:41pmpost #94809 of 12241610/27/14 at 6:57pmQuote:
Right on! I think my camera is set to underexpose by a stop or two, and I didn't fiddle with the image. So despite the bright window, they appear darker here than IRL. Similarly, the edges have more of a glow to them. I'll post another shot soon--there's a lot more warmth than you see here.
And I dunno about the speed in speed hooks; I have one of these tightened up and tied in about 5 seconds.post #94810 of 12241610/27/14 at 7:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by thams
All these boot photos reminded me I need to clean up cigar boots since I was caught in the rain last week. Snapped a few photos before cleanup.
Thams, thanks for the inspiration. Now I'll definitely wear my pair tomorrow.post #94811 of 12241610/27/14 at 8:14pmpost #94812 of 12241610/27/14 at 8:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by trunks206
If anyone has a 10.5D in the #8 Naval boot that doesn't work out/they are looking to sell PLEASE pm me!
While thinking about how awesome the Naval boots are I realized that its quite surprising that no retailer has done a #8 Indy with antique edgetrim yet. Seems pretty crazy we havent seen one surface while every other Alden #8 model has been revamped with one, but the Indy boot.
JGil has this in their queue. It's on the Plaza Last though with a Commando sole. Should be a sweet design.post #94813 of 12241610/27/14 at 8:22pmQuote:
BFish, those are magnificent boots!!!! Congrats on your purchase. I may need another new best friend. ;-) Anywho welcome and enjoy your new beautiful boots, you clearly have great taste.
-Mikepost #94814 of 12241610/27/14 at 9:21pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
cigar tassels, argyles otc
outstanding uncle mac. tassels + cigar = sweetness.Quote:Originally Posted by Alpina
Color 8 naval boots arrived last week, and they already KO'd the Day Trippers and 975s for favorite Alden honors. We'll see how the upcoming DC offerings settle into the mix...
great boots sir. I will play next time they become available.Quote:Originally Posted by thams
All these boot photos reminded me I need to clean up cigar boots since I was caught in the rain last week. Snapped a few photos before cleanup.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
very nice boots. nothing like cleaning shell.Quote:Originally Posted by Alcibiades
Photo of Cigar LWB from the weekend
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
3sixteen jeans are due for a wash to tighten them up
nice shoes sir. im starting to appreciate aldens w denim more and more.Quote:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I picked up this pair of Indy 403’s (brown CXL) in early September. I debated keeping them for a few days, as the initial wife-acceptance-factor was fairly low; however, these are now easily my favourite boots/shoes. I have really grown to love wearing boots over the past 2 years, and these not only feel great, they go with absolutely everything casual – from jeans to cords to chinos. I really like the brown CXL!
Most of my shoes/boots are Allen Edmonds, although I also have a few Church’s and Dacks (a defunct Canadian brand) from more than a decade ago. I’ve been buying AEs because I really like high-quality shoes, but I get fairly uncomfortable with purchase prices north of $500. I know from personal experience that when well cared for, $300-$400 shoes can last 20 years or more. Given how much I have grown to like these Indys, I will see how they develop over the next six months or so, and might have to consider upping my shoe purchase price ceiling on a regular basis.
great boots and welcome to a fun and dangerous hobbie.
the "wife acceptance level" observation is classic.post #94815 of 12241610/27/14 at 9:24pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 13 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 1 minute ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 1 minute ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 2 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 3 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 4 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway