or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6315  

post #94711 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JezeC View Post
 

where can i find the style number for alden lwb (ravello)? 

Usually The ShoeMart website is a pretty good resource for that stuff, but they don't have Ravello on the site. 

 

@mdubs probably has it memorized, but I;m sure a member with a pair can answer that for you.

post #94712 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

nephew, looking good!

Oh goodness either really funny or really awkward. Either way, yes!
post #94713 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Usually The ShoeMart website is a pretty good resource for that stuff, but they don't have Ravello on the site. 

@mdubs
 probably has it memorized, but I;m sure a member with a pair can answer that for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezeC View Post

where can i find the style number for alden lwb (ravello)? 

Sadly I do Tif

9750 is the DC LWB with dark edges
97504 is with the tan Antique edges from Leffot, AoC, or even the Brass Eyelet JCrew model

Aldens standard Ravello model number is to just toss a 0 at the end just as they toss a 1 at the end for Black. So the 990 is the Color 8 PTB. 9901 is the Black PTB and 9900 is the Ravello PTB.
post #94714 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Usually The ShoeMart website is a pretty good resource for that stuff, but they don't have Ravello on the site. 

@mdubs
 probably has it memorized, but I;m sure a member with a pair can answer that for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezeC View Post

where can i find the style number for alden lwb (ravello)? 

Sadly I do Tif

9750 is the DC LWB with dark edges
97504 is with the tan Antique edges from Leffot, AoC, or even the Brass Eyelet JCrew model

Aldens standard Ravello model number is to just toss a 0 at the end just as they toss a 1 at the end for Black. So the 990 is the Color 8 PTB. 9901 is the Black PTB and 9900 is the Ravello PTB.

You are amazing, dubs! All after just a couple of hours.
post #94715 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post


You are amazing, dubs! All after just a couple of hours.

:rotflmao:

post #94716 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankL0818 View Post

Guys, PLEASE tell me this is not typical of Alden quality control...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Right foot stitching is about half inch off. Anyway, second pair is on order with fingers crossed. Not a good start toward my first Alden.

This level of QC is not typical. These should be seconds IMO.

If you continue buying Aldens, you will probably encounter some less severe QC issues. If possible, sometimes it's a good idea to order two pairs and keep the better of the two pairs.
post #94717 of 122416

I mentioned the Winn Perry Little Tanks earlier but I don't think the restock of the Indy oxford (brown CXL on water lock) has been mentioned -- I really like them and I am not an "Indy guy":

 

Alden 40023 Workman Oxford

post #94718 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post


Sadly I do Tif

9750 is the DC LWB with dark edges
97504 is with the tan Antique edges from Leffot, AoC, or even the Brass Eyelet JCrew model

Aldens standard Ravello model number is to just toss a 0 at the end just as they toss a 1 at the end for Black. So the 990 is the Color 8 PTB. 9901 is the Black PTB and 9900 is the Ravello PTB.

I had the 97506 which was Alden DC with Double Waterlock and (I think) medium tan edges.

It was too brown for me. I will try again with them in the future and hope for more of a red tone.
post #94719 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post



Sadly I do Tif

9750 is the DC LWB with dark edges
97504 is with the tan Antique edges from Leffot, AoC, or even the Brass Eyelet JCrew model

Aldens standard Ravello model number is to just toss a 0 at the end just as they toss a 1 at the end for Black. So the 990 is the Color 8 PTB. 9901 is the Black PTB and 9900 is the Ravello PTB.

...and just for good measure, 97894 is the Alden SF LWB w/ dark edging, double leather sole.

post #94720 of 122416

I do have all my Aldens cataloged with model number on a spreadsheet, in case there are any more inquiries :)

post #94721 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisefi View Post

I had the 97506 which was Alden DC with Double Waterlock and (I think) medium tan edges.

It was too brown for me. I will try again with them in the future and hope for more of a red tone.

Interesting. I do recall Kathy telling me they had a different part number. Sorry to hear that you decided to not keep your pair, but they will come around again some day.

-Mike
post #94722 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Interesting. I do recall Kathy telling me they had a different part number. Sorry to hear that you decided to not keep your pair, but they will come around again some day.

-Mike

Thanks Mike!

Yeah I also tried to make a size work that wasn't my usual size. They went to an SF member who will get more use out of them than I will. I'll get the correct size and that will be 90% of the problem for me and the latest Ravello's look good, so maybe I'll get lucky on finish!

I still have to get to a retailer to try narrower widths like you suggested!
post #94723 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisefi View Post


Thanks Mike!

Yeah I also tried to make a size work that wasn't my usual size. They went to an SF member who will get more use out of them than I will. I'll get the correct size and that will be 90% of the problem for me and the latest Ravello's look good, so maybe I'll get lucky on finish!

I still have to get to a retailer to try narrower widths like you suggested!

 

Chris, check my signature. I just posted about 8 pairs to the marketplace and have a few more to take pictures of still... ;-)

 

But yes, I still highly recommend checking out some alternative widths...

post #94724 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankL0818 View Post

Guys, PLEASE tell me this is not typical of Alden quality control...


Right foot stitching is about half inch off. Anyway, second pair is on order with fingers crossed. Not a good start toward my first Alden.

Did you get these with that discount code...can't remember . The store name but mine came and look odd. Indies have always looked weird to me but mine seem really off. I will post pics soon to see what the pros think
post #94725 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

Did you get these with that discount code...can't remember . The store name but mine came and look odd. Indies have always looked weird to me but mine seem really off. I will post pics soon to see what the pros think

No code or discount. Paid full retail through authorized online dealer. Hoping they'll make things right on the second pair. An outfit like Alden with a $500 pair of shoes lacking basic symmetry is totally unexpected.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.