or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6309  

post #94621 of 122416

I need help with alden fitting, uncles.

 

I tried the Trubalance in E but it was too tight above the top of my foot where the tongue meets the vamp.

 

Anyone have recommendations for a last or width that might fit me? Do any places do EE in Trubalance?

Thanks.

post #94622 of 122416
I have a pair of Alden Indy Snuff Suede boots on the way. You guys think these boits will work with business casual attire as well as with jeans? These will be my first pair of Alden's. I also have a pair of Red Wing Iron Rangers and Wolverine Courtland 1000 Mile boots. Since I have two pairs of leather boots, I thought the suede boots would be a nice addition, hoping they'll be versatile.
post #94623 of 122416
Depends on your business casual definition. To me, the answer is no. That is a very casual boot and would not work. However if you mean like a pair of khakis and s button down, then yes.
post #94624 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

That's awesome, great find.
I have never walked into a store and bought Aldens before. All my purchases have been online and a handful of local deals w mcash.

When I am in DC I always make a point of going to the Alden store. Often I leave empty-handed but these Whiskey WT were too good to pass up. After all the recent Whiskey and Ravello stuff that has been showing up on here I thought I might have a good chance at getting something so I had my fingers crossed. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #94625 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post

I have a pair of Alden Indy Snuff Suede boots on the way. You guys think these boits will work with business casual attire as well as with jeans? These will be my first pair of Alden's. I also have a pair of Red Wing Iron Rangers and Wolverine Courtland 1000 Mile boots. Since I have two pairs of leather boots, I thought the suede boots would be a nice addition, hoping they'll be versatile.

As rydenfan said; it depends on what you consider business casual. The Indys are a pretty casual boot, but pairing them with khakis and button down should work. I wouldn't go any closer to the business side of business casual with them. 

post #94626 of 122416

Where can I buy EE Alden boots

 

help me family please

post #94627 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorbiant View Post
 

Where can I buy EE Alden boots

 

help me family please

I don't believe anyone is going to stock that size. I would contact a retailer and see what your options are. 

post #94628 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

While he was handling her?  Perv.

Good lord, so judgmental. Where I come from, that's a party.
post #94629 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post

I have a pair of Alden Indy Snuff Suede boots on the way. You guys think these boits will work with business casual attire as well as with jeans? These will be my first pair of Alden's. I also have a pair of Red Wing Iron Rangers and Wolverine Courtland 1000 Mile boots. Since I have two pairs of leather boots, I thought the suede boots would be a nice addition, hoping they'll be versatile.

Great looking boots. I hope you really enjoy them.

If business casual, you mean dress slacks, coat and tie, your Indys will not work.

If by business casual you mean nice coduroys, button shirt with a sweater - essentially one step up from jeans and t-shirt - Indys likely work with that.
post #94630 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Depends on your business casual definition. To me, the answer is no. That is a very casual boot and would not work. However if you mean like a pair of khakis and s button down, then yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

As rydenfan said; it depends on what you consider business casual. The Indys are a pretty casual boot, but pairing them with khakis and button down should work. I wouldn't go any closer to the business side of business casual with them. 

Yep, that's what I mean guys, khakis and a button down shirt or polo. Sounds like the Alden Indy Snuff Suede boots will fit the bill.
post #94631 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post



Yep, that's what I mean guys, khakis and a button down shirt or polo. Sounds like the Alden Indy Snuff Suede boots will fit the bill.

Without a doubt. Great color suede, too. Great choice. 

post #94632 of 122416
There's a certain je ne sais quoi about the way a pair of broken in bluchers look, sitting unlaced, that I just love.

I often catch myself staring at my shoes sitting at the front door, from the couch. satisfied.gif

post #94633 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by breck81 View Post

+1 Agreed. Who did these? So good looking.

These were my boots and I sold to a member because they were a 1/2 size too small for me. They were my most complimented shoes. I plan on having Vass replicate them or getting a black shell ptb and having them resoled. Someday.
post #94634 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Without a doubt. Great color suede, too. Great choice. 

Thanks. It's hard to make out the color. Maybe a medium golden brown suede?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenwear View Post

Great looking boots. I hope you really enjoy them.

If business casual, you mean dress slacks, coat and tie, your Indys will not work.

If by business casual you mean nice coduroys, button shirt with a sweater - essentially one step up from jeans and t-shirt - Indys likely work with that.

Yep, I am in smile.gif
post #94635 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbiealden View Post



Had a chance to drop in to unionmade last week - great shop - couldn't resist picking these up...

Looks good sir. Which last?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.