or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6306  

post #94576 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by thams View Post

Excited for all you Naval Boot preorder people.  About to brush mine after some wear.  Favorite Alden in my modest collection.

Now THAT is a beautiful pair of shell boots!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Worn, loved, but not babied.
post #94577 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Planner View Post

Some people go out of town and bring fancy women back to their hotel room. I have another vice:



The Whiskey SWB, thanks to the DC shop. The last one in stock just happened to be my size and thankfully the people on the list for it all turned it down! (Please excuse the awful photo, it was my first attempt at using the iPad for a picture)


these are exceptional!  i am on the list for them.

post #94578 of 122416
Almost wore these Natty CXL Brixtons on Wednesday and Thursday because of the rainy conditions in the area. Didn't do that and somehow ended up wearing them today -- on a sunny, dry perfect shell day instead. Go figure!


Edited by ironclad - 10/24/14 at 3:50pm
post #94579 of 122416

Tan chukkas today.

 

post #94580 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn View Post

Just got these Indys, thanks @cincikid! Listed as navy they really are almost a loden color in daylight which is something I didn't have. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Happy Friday, those are great looking Indy Boots! Very interesting color!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLVol View Post
 

going to start the Mac method on these today.....so far so good....very comfy right out of the box!

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Those are some great looking NSTs!!! Enjoy them, Brown CXL I presume?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post


Cigar Jumpers

 

THEBEEBS!!! These are magnificent!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post
 

It's Friday - needed some Whiskey

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

DonL, I really love the two toned color action that these having going on.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post


even Los Angeles traffic is tolerable when you're wearing cigar jumpers

 

Tolerable is a good word for LA... ;-) Again, nice boots, looks rich in this color.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post

 

Beauty . . . and I felt the same:

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

These are absolutely awesome, this would be near the top of my list for saving in a fire... :-)

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryIII View Post

Cigar PTB

 

Henry, looking great in your Cigars. :-)

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny View Post

Alden for BB PTBs resoled to crepe. These are #8 but I think they're brown with minor reddish undertones. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Shiny, those are looking well loved and enjoyed. They have patina'd nicely and have a nice burgundy-brownish color. :-) I assume that the role was not done by Alden since they don't have the leather tip up front.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

1zz5mgz.jpg
ravello ptb, argyles otc Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
331g7eb.jpg

 

 

Mac, these are absolutely superb as always!!! Love them!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thams View Post
 

Excited for all you Naval Boot preorder people.  About to brush mine after some wear.  Favorite Alden in my modest collection.


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Wow, all these Naval Boots are making me excited about the pair that I am expecting to receive on Monday... Those have matured really nicely and have a terrific patina as well.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FENWAY View Post

Might have to start taking these Modified boots out more often... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


 

Fenway, those are very classy looking boots and look like they wouldn't mind some more foot time. :-)

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Planner View Post

Some people go out of town and bring fancy women back to their hotel room. I have another vice:



The Whiskey SWB, thanks to the DC shop. The last one in stock just happened to be my size and thankfully the people on the list for it all turned it down! (Please excuse the awful photo, it was my first attempt at using the iPad for a picture)

 

See my comments from about 3 lines ago. Those are absolutely magnificent and are absolutely one of Alden's finest designs in terms of shape, pattern, and color. Enjoy them and I am excited for you!

 

-Mike

post #94581 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSJ1 View Post
 

Tan chukkas today.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Very cool Chukkas, look rather comfy... We don't see many of those on here! I tried to buy a pair, but just couldn't find a size that didn't scratch my ankle up... :-(

 

-Mike

post #94582 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Planner View Post

Some people go out of town and bring fancy women back to their hotel room. I have another vice:



The Whiskey SWB, thanks to the DC shop. The last one in stock just happened to be my size and thankfully the people on the list for it all turned it down! (Please excuse the awful photo, it was my first attempt at using the iPad for a picture)
That's awesome, great find.
I have never walked into a store and bought Aldens before. All my purchases have been online and a handful of local deals w mcash.
post #94583 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post


even Los Angeles traffic is tolerable when you're wearing cigar jumpers
Beebs, you and DV are neck-and-neck for best boot collection. The weight of all that lovely California shell (if you add Mdubs) may actually be the primary reason why the state eventually fractures at the fault line and falls into the Pacific!
post #94584 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironclad View Post


Beebs, you and DV are neck-and-neck for best boot collection. The weight of all that lovely California shell (if you add Mdubs) may actually be the primary reason why the state eventually fractures at the fault line and falls into the Pacific!

 

Ha! No earthquake jokes please! We don't need any help with those...

post #94585 of 122416

As promised, the 4060HCs from yesterday... Thanks to my friends at DC.

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

And for a more casual Friday, a nice twist on the classic PTB design... Navy Suede with Antique Edges... Wore with tan chinos, Snuff Belt (to match edging) and a Navy polo... Brown socks for sure next time I wear Navy Suede... The Navy argyles sounded like a good thought at 6AM, but a lot does that early...

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

-Mike

post #94586 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Ha! No earthquake jokes please! ;-)
Truce if we agree to ban hurricane jokes as well. Lots of great shell on the East Coast...
post #94587 of 122416
Got a notice and invoice from Leffot a few minutes ago for the black shell naval boots I preordered are in and ready to ship.
post #94588 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironclad View Post


Truce if we agree to ban hurricane jokes as well. Lots of great shell on the East Coast...

 

Sounds good dude and I agree! You have a lot of classy gentlemen out there... I hear that there is even some Color #2 over there as well!

post #94589 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironclad View Post


Now THAT is a beautiful pair of shell boots!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Worn, loved, but not babied.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

 

Wow, all these Naval Boots are making me excited about the pair that I am expecting to receive on Monday... Those have matured really nicely and have a terrific patina as well.

 

 

-Mike

Thank you both!  They are great boots and have held up well.  They are my most complimented shoes/boots.  

post #94590 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

 

Very cool Chukkas, look rather comfy... We don't see many of those on here! I tried to buy a pair, but just couldn't find a size that didn't scratch my ankle up... :-(

 

-Mike

 

Thanks! Were they tight around the ankle? Mine were really soft around there right out of the box.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.