or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6280  

post #94186 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Man, this Indy has really grown on me. You know what they say about those stock models...

Don't know how much longer I can hold out.

Doesn't help that I picked these up from the 'Crew after deliberating for a many weeks (Thanks @gosheik )

Which laces do you guys like better?

Thanks, Saz, I do like the 401 a lot and it gets a lot of use. I like both lace pairings, but give the nod to the tan, albeit slightly.
post #94187 of 122416

Congrats to those who got the whiskey WT boot, they must be gorgeous! Fortunately I am not a WT boot guy but I will be extremely upset if it's a Whiskey tanker boot.

post #94188 of 122416

My first pair of ravello and they are BEAUTIFUL. I was hemming and hawing over cigar vs ravello and I'm definitely glad I chose these. I hope the leffot daytrippers have this exact shade. 

I passed on the whiskey wingtip boots. Whiskey just doesn't have the same aesthetic appeal to me as ravello and cigar. They would definitely be valuable if I were to start collecting shoes like Mike, although I wont be able to afford 192038102398 pairs of Aldens until I'm out of residency. Congrats to the people who got them though. They seem like a great addition to a collection!


Edited by movoblast - 10/21/14 at 7:18pm
post #94189 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by movoblast View Post



My first pair of ravello and they are BEAUTIFUL. I was hemming and hawing over cigar vs ravello and I'm definitely glad I chose these. I hope the leffot daytrippers have this exact shade. 
I passed on the whiskey wingtip boots. Whiskey just doesn't have the same aesthetic appeal to me as ravello and cigar. They would definitely be valuable if I were to start collecting shoes like Mike, although I wont be able to afford 192038102398 pairs of Aldens until I'm out of residency. 

Congratulations. Beautiful shade. Are these from Alden SF/ AOC or DC?
post #94190 of 122416

The stock black and waxed calf brown 405 models are def underrated.  I wouldnt choose either lace. Either too much contrast or not enough.  I would look for medium to light brown laces.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by sazon View Post


Man, this Indy has really grown on me. You know what they say about those stock models...

Don't know how much longer I can hold out.

Doesn't help that I picked these up from the 'Crew after deliberating for a many weeks (Thanks @gosheik )

Which laces do you guys like better?

post #94191 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbombers85 View Post


Congratulations. Beautiful shade. Are these from Alden SF/ AOC or DC?

They were from AoC. 

post #94192 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by thams View Post

For what it's worth, the Leffot instagram photo of the Indy and Day Trippers wasn't an announcement of new makeups, but rather confirmation of pre-orders that were taken years ago.

I called Leffot a few minutes after the Instagram Post and was added to the order and paid my deposit. They said I was in on this order not just on a future list. So even though you say it was an order confirmation from a pre order from years back, there was still spots. They expect them towards the end of the year. You really just have to be in the right place at the right time and be ready to commit. Leffot and Alden DC have been my favorite people to deal with thus far.

IMO, I like the chase or the hunt for these "grail" boots or "rare makeups". It wouldn't be near as fun if we all got in on all the orders when we wanted. Getting on lists and reading into semi-private posts and hear say are what, to me, make this enjoyable.

"Then again that's just me, and I could be wrong." -Dennis Miller. The smartest thing he ever said:)
post #94193 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by movoblast View Post

[/350/height/700/flags/LL" style="; width: 350px; height: 263px">



nephew, wear your gunboats only in good health
post #94194 of 122416

Is there any difference, other than last, between these http://leffot.com/shop/index.php/shoes/alden/40751-captoe-naval-boot.html and these http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens_cap_toe_boot_shell_cordovan_black_shell/pvc-ald-mxsb-4065_ald_m_cap_toe_boot_shell_cordovan.html

 

I was just lamenting missing out on the Leffot boot until it dawned on me the only unique thing about them is the name. It's a pretty common makeup it seems...

post #94195 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by breck81 View Post



IMO, I like the chase or the hunt for these "grail" boots or "rare makeups". It wouldn't be near as fun if we all got in on all the orders when we wanted. Getting on lists and reading into semi-private posts and hear say are what, to me, make this enjoyable.


100% disagree. Seems like you just like the hype and not the actual shoes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviv View Post

Is there any difference, other than last, between these http://leffot.com/shop/index.php/shoes/alden/40751-captoe-naval-boot.html and these http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens_cap_toe_boot_shell_cordovan_black_shell/pvc-ald-mxsb-4065_ald_m_cap_toe_boot_shell_cordovan.html

I was just lamenting missing out on the Leffot boot until it dawned on me the only unique thing about them is the name. It's a pretty common makeup it seems...

As you said the last is different Barrie vs Grant. But also the Leffot one has a punched cap toe design while TSM's offering has a plain captoe.
post #94196 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by movoblast View Post
 

My first pair of ravello ...

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!  Congrats my friend, enjoy often and in great health!

post #94197 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Man, this Indy has really grown on me. You know what they say about those stock models...

Don't know how much longer I can hold out.

Doesn't help that I picked these up from the 'Crew after deliberating for a many weeks (Thanks @gosheik )

Which laces do you guys like better?


Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

Tan laces, by a long shot. But the others don't look bad.

Saz, I prefer the Brown Waxed laces myself.
post #94198 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by trunks206 View Post

100% disagree. Seems like you just like the hype and not the actual shoes.

I thought liking the shoes was obvious. Why else we we all be on a forum discussing shoes if we didn't like them. As I said IMO, In My Opinion, it makes it even more fun. It adds to the whole process from searching for a make up to getting on a list to finally getting them and taking them for a stroll.

Makes it fun for me. Sorry it doesn't add to your ultimate enjoyment. For me it does.
post #94199 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviv View Post
 

Is there any difference, other than last, between these http://leffot.com/shop/index.php/shoes/alden/40751-captoe-naval-boot.html and these http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens_cap_toe_boot_shell_cordovan_black_shell/pvc-ald-mxsb-4065_ald_m_cap_toe_boot_shell_cordovan.html

 

I was just lamenting missing out on the Leffot boot until it dawned on me the only unique thing about them is the name. It's a pretty common makeup it seems...


Barrie with perf cap toe vs. Grant with straight tip

Both have flat welt...

 

Similar but a significant enough difference.  I actually prefer the Naval boot, and not for its name.

post #94200 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by movoblast View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

My first pair of ravello and they are BEAUTIFUL. I was hemming and hawing over cigar vs ravello and I'm definitely glad I chose these. I hope the leffot daytrippers have this exact shade. 
I passed on the whiskey wingtip boots. Whiskey just doesn't have the same aesthetic appeal to me as ravello and cigar. They would definitely be valuable if I were to start collecting shoes like Mike, although I wont be able to afford 192038102398 pairs of Aldens until I'm out of residency. Congrats to the people who got them though. They seem like a great addition to a collection!

Those look magnificent. Beautiful shoes!!! No need to collect, just by the shoes you want and like (and can afford) and wear them.

-Mike
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.